Trailer Trash

Altra Lone Peak Review (Read 39 times)

Occasional Runner

Sorta comparing the 1.5 to the new 2.0.

http://gearjunkie.com/altra-trail-running-shoe-loan-peak-2.0

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks, Kelly.  I have both models and agree with your review.  I feel the 2.0 is a "morph" between the old Lone Peak 1.5 and the Olympus.  I was surprised at how much heavier 1oz felt on the newer model.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Thanks, Kelly.  I have both models and agree with your review.  I feel the 2.0 is a "morph" between the old Lone Peak 1.5 and the Olympus.  I was surprised at how much heavier 1oz felt on the newer model.

I almost expressed the same exact thing in my review regarding the Olympus feel. I lost it in an edit because I didn't want to give people the wrong idea, but you're exactly right. I think because they're using the same materials, they have that similar cushioned feel. The 1.5 used stiffer material.

AT-runner

Tim

I almost expressed the same exact thing in my review regarding the Olympus feel. I lost it in an edit because I didn't want to give people the wrong idea, but you're exactly right. I think because they're using the same materials, they have that similar cushioned feel. The 1.5 used stiffer material.

That's not a bad thing, because I love the Olympus.  They've become my go-to shoe for long runs.

Watoni

Interesting .... I may have to try these at some point, but I have to wear out some of the shoes I have.

LB2

I was flip flopping on which shoe to get for Pinhoti, LP2.0 or Olympus. I decided on the Olympus, and I don't think I will be disappointed. I really like those shoes. I've been an advocate of Altra's from the get-go.

LB2

dpc3

Thanks for the review Kelly. I was just thinking about whether or not I should get the Olympus or another maxi cushioned shoe once I am allowed to run again (another month on crutches, yipee).

AT-runner

Tim

Thanks for the review Kelly. I was just thinking about whether or not I should get the Olympus or another maxi cushioned shoe once I am allowed to run again (another month on crutches, yipee).

I love the Olympus and I'm on my second pair right now.

dpc3 - I was wondering how you were healing up.  Hope all continues to go well and you're back and running soon.  Good luck.

Occasional Runner

I'm still in my original pair of Olympus. They have about 600 miles on them but are still in great shape. I've decided to limit them to non-technical 100 milers and times events. That's where they really shine.