Trailer Trash

Equalizer Endurance Run 2013 Race Report (Read 39 times)

Messenjah

So, this race has been done with for quite some time. The report was written, but apparently I forgot to hit "publish". Oooops. Better late than never 

Equalizer Endurance Run 2013

runtraildc

Better late than never!  Great report-- both the race and the fundraiser!  Congratulations on both.

RabbitChaser

Great report, Brad! You did great out there. Seeing this report now gives me hope that I might one day finish the report from Run Toto Run.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Congrats on a big success!  Running the 24hr is one thing, but raising 14k is ridiculous.  Really impressive.  Thanks for sharing and for doing some good along the way!

**Ask me about streaking**

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Wow, what a story! Congratulations on doing the 24hrs, and on reaching that many miles! Raising $14,000 is just awesome. I hope the little boy will recover and have many happy years to live.

Run for fun.

muppy

Very nice job on the race and the fundraiser, that's amazing you raised that much!

Congrats on a great life achievement, not only for yourself, but for the young boy who you helped raise money for.  Awesome story!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice job, and thanks for a RR that gave me a tear or two.  Continued prayers for little Niles. (Gotta love a kid named after a stadium ) Go Hawkeyes and Cyclones!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Hey I am pretty sure I responded to this yesterday but I don't see my response.  Oh well.  To sum up what I said....simply awesome!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Birdwell

I got around to reading it this morning.

That was a good thing you did for that kid. Awesome work!

Messenjah

To give a little update. Nile is scheduled to continue receiving treatments for the next 6 months. His mom just had to have an emergency gall bladder removal this afternoon too. Even after all of the crap that they've gone through they remain an incredibly optimistic family.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Well worth the wait on your RR, Brad!  I'm super proud of you for running for 24 hours and for raising all that money for Niles.  I wish I could have been there with you this year!  You're an awesome person and I'm so glad that we got to know each other!

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

To give a little update. Nile is scheduled to continue receiving treatments for the next 6 months. His mom just had to have an emergency gall bladder removal this afternoon too. Even after all of the crap that they've gone through they remain an incredibly optimistic family.

Thanks for the update, and please keep us informed.  Agree with others, that this RR was well worth the wait.  I put on one of my old Iowa t-shirts after I read your RR, and what I learned is I need a new t-shirt (I most have been smaller in those days or the shirt shrunk).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Messenjah

The shirt had to have shrunk

Thanks for the update, and please keep us informed.  Agree with others, that this RR was well worth the wait.  I put on one of my old Iowa t-shirts after I read your RR, and what I learned is I need a new t-shirt (I most have been smaller in those days or the shirt shrunk).

Messenjah

You know Mandy, if you would have been there I probably would have hit the 100

Well worth the wait on your RR, Brad!  I'm super proud of you for running for 24 hours and for raising all that money for Niles.  I wish I could have been there with you this year!  You're an awesome person and I'm so glad that we got to know each other!