Trailer Trash

A Race for the Ages 2016 (Read 20 times)

charlesmoman

Laz (of Barkley fame) is planning on doing the unique "A Race for the Ages" at Deadman Park in Manchester, TN next Labor Day weekend. On the race Facebook page he announced that he had already rented the community center there for that weekend next year. He mentioned one change. The 2016 ARFTA will finish at noon on Labor Day, instead of 6 PM. Your starting time is based on your age from that end time. I am 64, so I will start on Friday night at 8 PM.

I don't know when the signup will be.

We had about 160 this year and I think he is thinking of a 200 limit - not sure.

I am guessing it will be a sell out in 2016. It was a lot of fun and I met so many of the greats of the past.

The jacket was extra, but I ordered one and got it yesterday.

It could be called "A Race for the Aged"!

ARFTA jacket

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

if Laz is putting it on, I'm sure it's a doozy   best of luck!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

I had seen a description somewhere.  At first I considered signing up until I realized that it was more towards those who were older than me. If I remember correctly it's not run on trails either.  If that is the case it would be nice if they could find a place to do it on a easier trail system.

charlesmoman

I would prefer trails too, but Laz does what Laz wants to do.

Is it just for old folks?

Well, not really, but if you are very competitive, you are at a serious disadvantage.

There were a LOT of 60 year olds on up and many can still crank out some very serious miles and just do not stop.

As Laz told me one time during the race - "You can always go one more mile - always".

It was so much fun hooking up with a group of older ultra folks and listening to their stories.

ANd where else could I be at a race and walk with Ann Trason and talk with her during the race. I mean really.

Hopefully, it will not be as hot.