Trailer Trash

2 Funerals and a Wedding Fridaily (Read 25 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Leaving for DC for my sister's MIL's funeral and then back up for my friends's mother's funeral.  Both women were in the 90's and lived long productive lives.  DD#1 is in town for a wedding tomorrow and hopefully the rain moves on since thy had planned for it to be outside on the farm.  I guess the message is life goes on, and live yours to the fullest.

NH - sorry to hear about you AT.  Did they boot you or just want you to take it easy?  Boot is a pin at first, but you do heal a bit quicker.

Jamie - Nice you got to see Marie. Also nice you'd had some good runs.

Blarg - Man you're too fast for us. Good luck with the taper  madness.

Good luck to any racers and pacers today, and to all the Lurkers have a nice day and stop in and say "Hi".

QOTD:  Easy one today since it's confession time.  Monthly mileage for September, and did you have fun?  I'm at 208 and might run later after second funeral. Yes, I did have fun this month. Thanks to the challenge I did look around a lot and tried to enjoy the scenery. John M would be proud.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

7 for me last night on the blue/rockier trails at Green Lane. 59 degrees with steady light rain and some wind. Sort of a mild Noreaster' type vibe. Fair weather runners and hikers were nowhere to be seen and the Lady and I had the place to ourselves. Similar conditions today. Not sure of run plans.. might do a lunchtime road run or might hit the trails after work. 7 mile plan.

QOTD: September sits at 245 right now, so looks like 252 for me when the day is done. I did well for September with the running trip to Bend, summit the 10k+ south sister mountain, plus all the other fun stuff out there. Locally too I ran trails that were new to me... Neversink Mountain... got completely lost and bonus miles that day to add to the fun.

Harrier - Read that post about the AT. Sucks. I am sorry.

AT - 2 funerals.. sorry, but those sound like long full lives.

Jamie - Glad you are out of the funk. Now taper dammit.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Just a quick 1 mile jaunt around the lake last night. along with some yoga yesterday.  Rain has stopped so I'll get out at lunchtime for 3 or 4.

qotd: 70, which is made up of a lot of very short, but consistent runs. the foot is at 99% so I attribute it to these 1-3 mile runs.  Now that the residual running pain is gone, I'm working on distance, which is relative with this crowd, right?  And yes,  once the humidity died down, it has been fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a wet 5.5 last night.  There was a consistent mist that made the run feel great.  It was cool but not cold.  Suppose to go camping this weekend...it's raining and has been raining.  Supposedly we are still going...

Harrier - 6 months...look on the bright side....more time to..umm....hmmm...work!

QOTD: Finished at 128.  I was on track for 150-160 which would have been great but issues derailed me the last 2 weeks.  I don't feel great but I will get it done next weekend.

GL to Muppy on Sunday at BluesCruise!!! Have a blast.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Ended up not having time to get in a run yesterday so I really need and want at least 7 miles today to round out the month.. Probably do that this evening after the rain moves through, if the rain hangs around I'll gladly slop through the puddles.

It looks like I'm going to have to take DD car shopping this afternoon. They totaled her car .

AT - Funerals are never nice but at least it's easier to celebrate a life when It's been long and lived to the fullest.  Hopefully the weather is decent for the wedding.

Xtreme - I'm always impressed with your miles.

Runtrail - I'm impressed with your ability to be satisfied running those short distances. For some reason my mind won't except running anything less than my short 4.5 mile loop, unless it's with DW.  That being said I think next year I'm going to focus on shorter races.

Jamie - The kids should have fun slopping in the puddles .

NH - Sorry to hear about the Achilles. Stories like this scare me because I'm big on running through my injuries.  Just behave with rehabbing it and don't forget to post occasionally so we know you're alive.

QOTD: If I get my 7.4 mile loop in tonight I'll be at 157 for the month. I really wanted 180+ but with vacation and a ankle injury I'm not too unhappy.  Did I have fun??? Hmmmm.  I was having a blast on the run where I injured my ankle, up until that point. I did have a good time at the Boulder Beast. The first part of the month was still so hot and humid that I was running because I had to if I wanted to complete Tussey.

Sandy-2

Figures, the greatest weather for months (mid 50s this morning) and I'm taking a SRD.  But I have to follow the "taper rules".

qotd: 200 miles on the dot.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So I was unable to get up this morning but did manage a 30 minute walk with BOTH dogs.  Jack is cone free today and can begin going on walks.  This may be TMI but he never wet his bed once last night and we only made it outside 3 times I think.   So progress looks great.  Brought my stuff for a lunch run and will get 5 because it is month end.

QOTD:  135 if I get my 5 at lunch; otherwise 130.  Like Jamie I also thought I was on track to finally break my 150 but then....  As for September challenge I will post on that page.  It sure got me looking for wild life but I have yet to take a picture, deer and squirrels.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Short run this morning.

QOTD: 75 miles. I didn't have that much fun. Life is getting back to normal, though. I just finished a big project at work a few minutes ago. Here's to October.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping, or actually planning, on a few miles a little later.

I overslept 2 alarms this morning and would have been late for work, just to find my youngest DS I'll with a fever. So I had to call off and take him to the doc instead.

AT: Sad occasions, but it sounds they had a good and fulfilled life. Still sad to loose them.

QOTD: I'll have to add it up, but it's way low. Maybe around 30 miles. But, I sure had fun.

Run for fun.

some call me Tim

Finally back home... make that 3 funerals and a wedding. My FIL's funeral was today as well. Can't begin to describe how weird that was. A guy who I would often catch giving me the evil eye, who began systematically erasing all traces of himself from his home years before he passed, who apparently left my wife with deep emotional scars whose legacy of pain and chaos radiate outward like the midas touch.... and who dozens of people came to pay respects to and who lauded him as the greatest man they'd ever known - incredible husband and father, humble Christian, steadfast volunteer, dedicated serviceman and friend to all. Surreal enough to make me question my experience and what my wife has told me.  Anyway...

It was a great month. Even if I didn't check all of the boxes for Jamie's challenge, I think I got a bunch of em and 191 miles taboot. I'll catch you all on the flipside.

Oh and thanks AT Smile

Daydreamer1

Finally back home... make that 3 funerals and a wedding. My FIL's funeral was today as well. Can't begin to describe how weird that was. A guy who I would often catch giving me the evil eye, who began systematically erasing all traces of himself from his home years before he passed, who apparently left my wife with deep emotional scars whose legacy of pain and chaos radiate outward like the midas touch.... and who dozens of people came to pay respects to and who lauded him as the greatest man they'd ever known - incredible husband and father, humble Christian, steadfast volunteer, dedicated serviceman and friend to all. Surreal enough to make me question my experience and what my wife has told me.  Anyway...

There are many like that. Those who keep up a facade to most of the outside world, while those that know them best and have to interact with them behind closed doors suffer.   Some times words fail me when I see that.

Sandy-2

AT, sorry to hear but making it into your 90's is saying something.

Blarg, deep stuff, but "been there done that".  I also think it might be people being nice for the family. . . and not speaking poorly of those who have passed.

Hang in there guys.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

some call me Tim

Those are true things.. happily, the event also had the effect of getting DW's whole family together at an unprecedented scale. People often talk about reviving family reunion traditions at times like these, but even if they don't manage it, it was nice to be there in the midst of them all reconnecting. Cheers, ya'll.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It's nice to have this place to jst let loose.  ðŸ˜Š

It was a great month. Even if I didn't check all of the boxes for Jamie's challenge, I think I got a bunch of em and 191 miles taboot. I'll catch you all on the flipside.

Oh and thanks AT Smile

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄