Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Beat the rain this morning for a road 10k.  I really hate cars that give you 2' of running room as they pass. Is it really so hard to move over a bit so you don't blast me with a pocket of air and pollen as you move by me at 40mph.

Now going to do some yard work in the light drizzle.  Tonight, we're meeting some friends for Wing Night at a local pub.

QOTD:  If you weren't a trail runner, what would you do for exercise (besides road running)?  I would go back to MTB'ing.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I got in a great trail run at Blue Marsh Lake yesterday on my way back from a work mtg.  I did the 7 mile loop (for those that know the trails).  It was warm but windy enough that it felt good.  Had the trails mostly to myself!

QOTD:  Not sure I am a trail runner  but I would probably take up kayaking.  I would do so now but it would require more time that I just don't have.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Have some things to do around the house then I'll head out for a 7-8 mile road run. After that it's off to work for a night shift.

QOTD: Road biking for sure. Possibly triathlon, in fact I was toying with doing one of those next year.  With the new fat bikes that are becoming popular I might even try to get back into MTB'ing.

runtraildc

I did NOT beat the rain this morning as I had planned, so now I'm waiting for the break that is supposed to come later. All I need is it to turn to a light drizzle and I'm happy.  I'll get a short run in and then off to yoga tonight for a discounted yoga week class.

qotd: swim.  I've long said that I'll return to swimming regularly when I can no longer run. And my knees are bound to go out since we all know how bad running is on your knees .

LB2

I hope to get out there today after work for about 5. I wanted to run yesterday, but the rain stopped that.

QOTD: I guess I would probably lift weights, but I can't imagine that.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I really hate cars that give you 2' of running room as they pass. Is it really so hard to move over a bit so you don't blast me with a pocket of air and pollen as you move by me at 40mph.

I hear you.  I always think to myself, "Hey asshole, it's not enough to just not kill me when you pass me!"  (This is usually on my bike though.)

I'll run after work today.  Good news!  Boyfriend and I are moving soon and we'll be renting a place 1/3 mile away from the Ice Age Trail.  It's a pretty urban section of the trail (think soccer fields and prairie and woods behind neighborhoods), but it's still dirt under my feet!

QOTD: More road biking and definitely more mountain biking (cause I hardly do any right now.)  Lots of hiking and walking.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run last night and none this morning.  Keep having chills at work and then felt crappy when I got home.  The my husband comes home after being gone 2 days and he feels the same only worse.  He is thinking he has food poisoning.  I was worried mine was the flu.  I hoping it just the effects from that monthly lady thing.  I don't want to be sick.

QOTD:  MT Biking.

AT Runner:  I have to run .5 miles on the road to get to my trail.  There is no shoulder.  I use the leashes with the big handles so when they give me no space I am so tempted to hit their car with my handle.  It would totally freak them out.

runtrailDC:  This Yoga studio where some of my friends teach had such an awesome deal that I signed up for 3 months unlimited.  I am not limber so we shall see how that goes. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Going to try and get 5-ish in this evening

qotd: hiking/fastpacking- wait I already do a bunch of that 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Day off yesterday, though I did weed and mulch the lilac bed after work. The Lady and I will get for a run this evening. 6-7 miles at Coventry Woods. It was raining lightly earlier but seems to have stopped now. No matter.

QOTD: Geez, go back to playing more golf. Ha. Unless you walk though there is no exercise component. More hiking I guess.

I had a quick but fun solo trip to Massanutten (VA) this past weekend. Great weather overall, after driving through rain all morning I arrived in Front Royal to sunny and clearing skies and had a nice spring day for a 4.5 hour run in the mountains. I saw no people, but 2 rather large snakes. One of them I think was an eastern timber rattler. It was pretty big, 3-4 feet I suppose. I very cautiously went off trail to get around it. Saturday I had plenty of time in the morning to get in a 2 hour trail run prior to working the aid station. The weather was pretty much ideal for the race at that time. There was some steady rain later, but then it cleared off before I left for the day. I think it rained again in the evening, and got cold and windy at night, but they had a record high finishing rate for the 100 miler this year. Some aid station photos with crackpot comments here: https://mmt2016shawlgapaid.shutterfly.com/

Also, a few photos from my run on Friday. Took the Signal Knob loop and added some bonus miles out/back towards mudhole gap.

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4aa6ad14cc00000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144423765.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Rocky Massanutten trail above Buzzard's Overlook

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4bc1ac742a00000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144427631.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

View north from signal knob.. AT mountains in the distance

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4b73b8f55700000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144429006.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

View West from Signal Knob.. WV mountains in the distance

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4ab69895c100000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144430305.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Orchids and trail up to Meneka Peak (Tuscarora trail)

https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a6db34b3127cceec4bab0f74bc00000030O00BYuGbdo1YtQe3nwo/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00501547381020160515144434195.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Runnable Switchbacks!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Plan to do 5 after work tonight.  After asking around I actually found a store here that sells trail running shoes, all of the stores here only have road shoes. Or I could get trail hiking shoes and run in them I guess.  Anyway, I needed a pair because my current ones are literally falling apart and I have a muddy race coming up, so I needed something with some decent lugs.  I ended up with these...

They only had two models to chose from, and no color choices so.... (I need to get them muddy quick !!!!!).

XT: nice rocks.

qotd: I guess MT Bike.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL