Trailer Trash

Brrrrr Monday (Read 15 times)

Daydreamer1

Darn it's cold around here. I'm sitting at my desk shivering with a temp of about 66 inside and 55 outside. Too cheap to turn on the heat to take the chill off so I guess I gotta throw on a light jacket. Have to finish planning our vacation since we leave tomorrow,  so I can't get up and do anything to get warm.

Planning on doing another 5 miles today sometime in addition to loading up for vacation.

Warden - Is Glacier even open enough to do any running or did the smoke shut it down?

QOTD: Do you notice that you get short of breath quicker when doing something like climbing stairs without being warmed up then your less fit friends or family? If so Why do you think this is?

THis has been discussed on multiple fitness oriented forums over the years. I will easily see that if I go up some stairs or something along that line that at first I am more winded then the people who are totally out of shape. I think it's because the heart rate of people who are in shape is slower to ramp up leaving us feeling SOB on initial exertion.

QOTD 2: Did you watch any of the Irma coverage and if so were you kind of upset that there was so many of the new media out in the storm in places where everyone else was told to stay inside?  Around our station the general consensus was that the media should have set a better example and stayed better protected. It's difficult to tell the lay public to stay inside when they watch the media playing in the bad weather.

LB2

SRD today. Good running this past weekend. I think running my long run on Friday evening works much better for my wife and kids as well as for me. I love running into the night rather than running into the sunrise. I feel so much more rested, even after running my longest run of this training cycle on Friday night. I will continue that pattern with a 40 mile run Friday night.

QOTD 1: I did notice that a little bit during the spring turkey season this year. I covered quite a bit of ground with the little bit of time I hunted, but I felt a shortness of breath compared to my hunting partner. It wasn't a big deal.

QOTD 2: Yes. I watched. The media over-hypes everything. They have very little credibility with me. They should know better.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Hope for a short run at lunch. Had a blast at concert in Hershey. Muppy's new BFF, Cheryl Crow, was awesome, but Van Morrison was incredible. 72 and kicking out some stellar vocals. "Gloria" was about 10 minutes of jamming and was the hit of the night. Only sad he didn't plat "Brown Eyed Girl".   Willie Nelson was pretty good, but we left early to beat the ridiculous traffic because of the way they make you park at Hershey. I think some idiot (or Penn DOT) plans things out.

Moon - glad I was able to prod you into posting. Congrat's again on the new job.

DD - DW and I are meeting up with Warden next Tuesday n Montana. He assures me all fires will be out.  Actually, he has contingency plan if we can't get to Glacier.

LB - sounds like your ramp up has been working out well. Good to hear. Look out Pinhoti.

QOTD:  Not really noticed it.

Qotd 2:  Only FB updates to see how friends were making out. We had 2 friends stay on West Coast near Naples, since original storm path had then not getting hit. They fared ok, but had a lot of property damage mostly roof tiles, etc. .

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3-ish miles with Tiny E early, smoke a little better this morning

DD there are places that are shut down, others open due to fire/smoke

the good news is that Thursday a big cold front is moving in, supposedly with good moisture; talking wet snow at the higher elevations. AT's timing maybe just perfect 

qotd1: can't say that I have, but I do multiple flights of stairs every day at work????

qotd: haven't watched much coverage, but the media does that with every disaster it seems

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

LB - sounds like your ramp up has been working out well. Good to hear. Look out Pinhoti.

Well, so far so good. But I find it very difficult to hold back and build slowly. In 2012, I remember the first week of training was supposed to be a modest 35 or so miles. I did 80+. I DNF'd that year. 2014 was a little better with the training, and I finished six minutes under my goal time very comfortably. This year, it has been a struggle to hold back the mileage/time early, but Friday's long run was a great confidence boost that I am doing this correctly. I just hope I find some magic on race day. The month of September is slipping away a little quicker than I realized. I am debating on when to hit that 10 to 12 hour run, the first Friday of October or the second. I am thinking the second Friday, which is the 13th. That would go perfectly with my scary theme for the race, which is on the full moon of November the first weekend after Halloween. Then, I'll do one more 5 hour run, slowly, on the 20th of October and start a two week taper. I have tapered too long in the past.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Beautiful here... chilly mornings but mid 70's with bright sunshine. If I can reach my folks down in FL I will rub it our awesome weather.

I wogged 7 miles yesterday with the Lady at French Creek. Slow run. Very slow, but I will call it 100k race pace to make it seem faster. Plan is for 5 miles or so this evening. I want to see how I react to back to back day running. Felt pretty good after yesterday's run, able to spend a few hours working out in yard post run.

QOTD: Never noticed that.

QOTD2: I watched some of the coverage since my folks were impacted and wanted to keep an eye on the track. Sort of laughed at the idiots out there reporting, though glad none were impaled by a fast moving palm frond. Talked to my parents last night while the storm was a few hours south of Ocala and they still had power. They lost power overnight, still out I suppose as I have not been able to reach them, but finally they turned on their cell phone and my sister got a hold of them an hour ago. All is well, except for the power.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today but gym at lunch.  Yesterday ended up running 16 miles...ok of that we basically hiked 6 miles up and ran 6 miles down.  The other 4 here 2 miles to the up and 2 miles after the down.  We went up planning to cross paths with our friend who is doing the 200 Tahoe.  Her husband told her we were out there and she said the excitement of seeing us helped her up that 6 mile climb.  She the blond in the bright green shirt.

QOTD:  What are these stairs you speak of?  We just don't have any around here so I never noticed.

QOTD2:  No but I texted my bro a few times.  He was in Fort Pierce.  He has no power but is good.

Moonlight Runner:  You are busy..hope your daughter made a right decision...seems fast but who am I to talk.  Congrats on your new job.  The run in MI was Marquette 5K.

Happy birthday to me..yesterday a run in the mountains...

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, mountain, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, tree, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, mountain, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, mountain, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: sky, plant, tree, mountain, grass, cloud, nature and outdoor

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Running fast....

Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, mountain, sky, outdoor and nature

Queen of Nothing

Sue

This is a nice one with Marlette lake before Lake Tahoe

Image may contain: people standing, sky, cloud, mountain, outdoor and nature

Daydreamer1

Talked to my parents last night while the storm was a few hours south of Ocala and they still had power. They lost power overnight, still out I suppose as I have not been able to reach them, but finally they turned on their cell phone and my sister got a hold of them an hour ago. All is well, except for the power.

Glad to hear that they came through it OK. It sounds like the storm taking a more western track caught some people by surprise. A co-worker has a sister in the Sarasota area and they didn't leave because they thought it was going up the east coast.  It sounded like they survived the worst part of it.

Queen - Nice pictures.

muppy

Beautiful pictures Queen!

AT, somebody I work with said Van Morrison was terrible but I don't think he appreciated his music.  I got my parents tickets for Willie Nelson's next show in Allentown so I hope he still doing good!

5.3 trail miles yesterday

QOTD 1  I get very winded walking up steps but I blame it on asthma.

QOTD 2  I watched a little bit of coverage but I got tired of hearing all the same repetitive stuff. My in-laws have a winter house in Port St. Lucie Florida  but it appears it's not too bad there.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet today.  Something on the short side tonight.  This is going to be a tough week to get any good runs in...maybe a LR this weekend but we will have to wait and see.

Happy b-day Queen (a day late).  You don't look a day over...39.

QOTD1: I notice I feel crappy my first mile and then my body/heart works into it.  But I see people out f shape get winded very quick on stairs or anything they do.

QOTD2: I saw some and wondered why they were out in such terrible conditions but it's always been that way.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Happy late birthday, Sue. Looks like you had a good one.

LB2

Gator eye

Rest day today but got some good miles in over the weekend. Foot is a little tender but over all it handled a 50 mile weekend in stride. I signed up for a 50 mile race in Big Rapids at the end of Sept.

Nothin like cramming in training for a ultra at the last minute.

QOTD: can't say as I do

QOtD2: what storm? I stopped watching the news, it's always bad and was messin with my sparkly personality.

AT-runner

Tim

AT, somebody I work with said Van Morrison was terrible but I don't think he appreciated his music.  I got my parents tickets for Willie Nelson's next show in Allentown so I hope he still doing good!

It was an eclectic mix for sure, so if you weren't into bluesy jazz, you wouldn't have like it.  Many people left before Willie even started, so a good number were there just for Van Morrison. If Willie was your main reason to go, then you probably did't like Cheryl Crow or Van.  We left during Willie, he was just average for us (saw him before and he was much better), but I'm sure a Willie fan would say it was great.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!