Trailer Trash

Where Is Winter Wednesdaily (Read 17 times)

moonlightrunner

I ran last night...it was 54 degrees! I sweat so much I had to run faster in an attempt to avoid my own body odor! It should be snowing!

I used my poles last night. I am not sure if i am doing this right and I am not sure if it is helping or hurting.

QOTD: for those who run in the evening, do you find it hard to go to sleep? Whenever I do evening long distances, I am up all night.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

I got up early (after hitting the snooze button of course) and did 4 mi. We are having pea soup fog today. Visibility is literally about 200 yards. Earlier during my run I gave up and took my glasses off because they were so fogged up.

qotd: I usually don’t run that late (unless I’m running all night), so I can normally conk out at bedtime.  Many years ago I played night games on the company softball team and then had to drive home afterwards, I always had trouble sleeping after the late games. Our team sucked by the way...   but it was fun.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3-ish miles on the trails with DW and Tiny Elvis- headlamps the last mile or so. We’ve been in “winter” for about the last two months, although I have to say we’ve moderated some the last week or so- highs in the 40’s, lows 20’s- which I believe is very close to “normal”

DW is doing yoga this evening, so unsure if I’ll hit the gym or the trails- I know which way Tiny E wants it 

qotd: the only long, night stuff I’ve done is during the Bob Marshall Open and I can tell you I sleep like the dead 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I got off my butt and ran 4 this morning. I have really been dealing with some tightness in my hips since Pinhoti. I was torn between running another race and just dogging it off for the rest of the year, etc. I signed up for Loup Garou, the 40 mile version (2 loops). I just haven't been inspired to run lately. I'm just tired of running. I talked to the RD yesterday, and I asked her if it was too late to swap to the 20 mile run. She said it was sold out, BUT one runner wanted to upgrade to 40 miles. So, we swapped over. I am excited about the 1 loop. I love running; I hate training. I think I will approach running in 2018 the way I did in 2013. I just ran. I think I ran one 10K in October of 2013, finished 11th, which was very good considering the people who showed up.

QOTD: It is virtually impossible for me to go to sleep within 3 hours of running. Thus, I like to run in the early morning hours if possible.

LB2

XtremeTaper

No winter here... upper 50's close to 60 forecast today. Taking the afternoon off to enjoy the weather. There will be a 5 mile run with the Lady on the trails out by the lake, then taking the missus over to Longwood Gardens for the Christmas display.

QOTD: Spring, summer, and fall I run in the evenings but typically finish up between 7pm-8pm and have no trouble sleeping. Later night runs, yes that's a bit tricky. I need to unwind with a beer or two to crash.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I'm loving this weather!!!  I got to ride my bike after work since it was so warm out.  It was dark, but at least I didn't freeze.

Moonlight, maybe you can look up youtube videos to learn how to properly use the poles?  I figure you can learn about almost anything on youtube these days.

QOTD: On the weekdays, I am strictly a late afternoon/early evening runner.  I don't run much later than that, nor do I wake up early to run.  So no problems sleeping for me.

Running is dumb.

moonlightrunner

I was looking at u tube last night. Finding different techniques. Dec 9 I am running with a friend training for the Frozen Otter, and she loves using them so I hope to learn a bit from her. Chances are I will have to adapt their use to fit my needs.

I'm loving this weather!!!  I got to ride my bike after work since it was so warm out.  It was dark, but at least I didn't freeze.

Moonlight, maybe you can look up youtube videos to learn how to properly use the poles?  I figure you can learn about almost anything on youtube these days.

QOTD: On the weekdays, I am strictly a late afternoon/early evening runner.  I don't run much later than that, nor do I wake up early to run.  So no problems sleeping for me.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So no run this am...I thought I was traveling for work and attending a luncheon, so I planned on doing gym after work so no towel...come to find out the lunch meeting is tomorrow..so I have no lunch and no towel!    I still am going to the gym and I guess pick up a lunch somewhere.

QOTD:  AM runner her.  The only time I ran into night was a 50 miler and then yes I do have a hard time falling asleep as my body can't relax.  That's why I usually drink after long runs...like I need a reason!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

If I run it will be after dark tonight. Since it's getting close to a full moon it should be nice out.  Probably 6 miles or an elliptical workout. Grinding a bunch of rust off the underneath of my car so even though I have a fan set up I'm inhaling too much dust so I better run tonight so I can cough it all back out .

QOTD:  Sometimes I think that's part of my problem with falling asleep since I do most of my exercising in late afternoon or evening. I have read that it drives your body temp up which makes it harder to fall asleep. That being said, last year I went to the gym a lot and was working out more in the morning or mid part of the day. I still found it hard to fall asleep before midnight.  Of course with my screwed up work schedule it's difficult to know what is really causing me to have a screwed up sleep cycle.

AT-runner

Tim

No run today, as I was dealing with this pesky sexual harassment complaint. Oh wait, that's Matt Lauer, not me.

As a father of 2 girls (and one who was harassed by her boss) I'm glad these people are getting exposed for what they've done. DD#1 got her boss fired and once she did 3 other women spoke up, but they were too scared to come out first.

Road run tomorrow.

QOTD:  They few times I've run late, I do have trouble sleeping. Queen's sleeping aid method does work for me too.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If I run it will be after dark tonight. Since it's getting close to a full moon it should be nice out.

Sounds like a good plan. I've been doing a lot of my running recently in the evening instead of afternoon.

qotd: I don't think the running has any effect on how hard it is to get to sleep. It's usually 3-4 hours or more after I run before I head to bed anyway. It's more a need to get my brain to slow down and relax. Reading is more likely to affect that than running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.