Trailer Trash

Summer Swimming Sundaily (Read 25 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Sadly summer is coming to an end soon...at least in terms of kids going back to school.  I got in 13 miles early before it got too hot out.

QOTD: Are you a good swimmer? Like swimming?

I am not good but I do like hanging out in pools.  The only thing holding me back from doing a tri is the swim part.  I am not terrible but certainly not good.  I have loved watching my 5 yr old DD though go crazy at the pool this summer.  She went from only staying in the baby pool, to the three ft with floaties, to going down the water slide, to diving in the 12 ft without floaties.  She is a crazy girl!!!

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Ran 5 hours late Friday night that carried over into Saturday.

QOTD: No. I am not a good swimmer. I like swimming, but I don't like sustained swimming for long periods of time. If I need to cross the river or creek, I can do that on most places I frequent around here. But, I would likely drown if I was placed in the middle of a lake and told I had to swim more than 100 yards.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Got out for an early 10 miles.  Saw Mt. bikers, a family hiking, a solo female trail runner, 6 horsey people and 2 rattle snakes.  Trails were hopping.  Snakes were out sunning early.  Still having some stomach issues and it's been over a week, so getting my gallbladder checked on Tuesday.

QOTD:  Yes, I was a very good swimmer and hopefully I'm a pretty good swim coach as well . I competed at the national level for many years.  Running was always my weakest sport, but the one I enjoy the most now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

4 miles Wolfe Mt.

QOTD  I'm a strong swimmer. I ask mom if she minded hauling me all over the state to swim meets and she said no. I loved to watch you swim.

Open water swimming is different. You can't follow the black line. I like to swim at Hooker Falls. Try to swim into the falls or back off and swim in one spot.

muppy

7.3 miles last night, even did some intervals to figure out I'm fat and slow !

There was a couple and  the wife who obviously wrecked her bike in the middle of the trail with parts all over. I stopped and asked if they were all right or needed any help and the guy just gave me a cocky attitude. Guess not everyone is as friendly as trail runners.

QOTD  I love swimming,  I'm just not any good at it.  Usually all we do is trying to dunk each other  whenever my family is in a pool .

moonlightrunner

My run today may be behind a push mower. For the first time in many years I have a big lawn to mow. I prefer pushing to riding if I have the time. It is supposed to be 90 today. Should be fun time.

Qotd: I love swimming but not for fitness. I know how to swim all the strokes...but prefer the dog paddle.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will take a rest day today, pretty grueling run yesterday (will post up a short trip report)

qotd:  I can swim to save my bacon, but am far from an accomplished swimmer; years ago I took some swim lessons at the Y and learned a lot on the different strokes, but never stuck with it and most of it is lost now

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

No run today, but some hiking planned for later.  DH and the kiddos are trying their hand at fishing and the nearby trails are in bear mgmt area.  No running solo.

qotd:  strong swimmer but didn't continue competitively past high school, which I kind of regret.  i always say I'll start again when I can't run anymore, but really, I should be doing more now.

Daydreamer1

SRD. Feeling a little sore after yesterday's excursion. Surprisingly though, I probably could easily run 5-6 miles. I think I'm sorer from sleeping on a poor mattress at the cabin then from the race.

QOTD: I love to swim but rarely do. I'm fairly good and think I could easily train for a Ironman distance.  At one time we were seriously discussing getting an Endless Pool.  Can't quite justify the 50,000 dollars it would take to buy the pool and renovate for the installation.  There is a local tri that has a 300 yard pool swim. If I could find a place to just do some basic training I'd sign up for that in a heart beat.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Spent the day at work, trying to wrap my head around the many changes that have been implemented today. Don't you like it if everything is messed up as soon as you have conquered the previous setup?   Looking forward to tomorrow, when I'll have to juggle all those changes on my own, without any help like today (there were always at least 2 people working today, so one could figure things out, not so tomorrow... 

But, as we hear, change is a good thing. 

Heading off to the pool for a late splash with the kids. Not sure about getting in a few miles today, although I'd love to feel the heat (literally).

QOTD: Yes, good swimmer, all styles. Love it. My "default style" is breaststroke, I'm pretty fast at that and it does not feel hard at all to me. I just glide along.

Run for fun.

LB2

Solid 5 miles tempo run for me today on some pretty tired legs. I averaged a 7:29 pace with a 20 second negative split on the back 2.5. I am pretty happy with that.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Greetings,  8 miles of vertical in the Wasatch mtns. this morning.  Currently out in Sandy, Ut. with my daughter as she will have an informal interview and facility tour tomorrow. Probably check out another trailhead in the morning. After that we will head to the mountains in Idaho for a few days of backpacking. Nice looking area here but it is just too hot for me.

QOTD--Strong swimmer and very comfortable in the water (see avatar ) Recreated in and on the water my entire life.

moonlightrunner

I ran a grueling 9.5 miles. 90 degrees...with "feels like" higher. Thought I was gonna die! Had to walk at times. I don't know how people run in this kind of heat on a regular basis!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k