Trailer Trash

Mondailies (Read 33 times)

The pooch and I had a chilly 5 mile trail run this morning.  Twenty three degrees felt a lot colder after a few warm days.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Sandy-2

I took a SRD yesterday, so I got up and did 5 miles before work this morning.  I hate Mondays.

QON, from yesterday, glad you liked my photo of Mt Fuji.  Which 26 miles of the Western States trail did you do?  Sounds great !!!

tbd.

LB2

SRD. I managed to get about 20 miles last week, which is good considering I am on a break. I did kill a turkey yesterday, so I will probably cut my break short. But I have to work late today.

LB2

Occasional Runner

Nothing today because I'm resting a bit this week before my race. I got a lot of vert over the weekend so I need a little break.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

muppy

6.4 trail miles yesterday, and today is a srd.

Trail Tromper, u got that right, went from upper 60's on Saturday to 20* this morning and snow tomorrow. Guess it's that time of year!

jonferg67

Endless trails

Looks like Monday is the rest day around here, except for TT.

SRD for me too. I had turkey jerky as my mid-morning snack, I didn't kill it

though.

Looks like we have a blizzard coming our way Tues and Weds., that should be fun!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

No SRD for me. My days off work this week are Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, so today should be a medium long day some time this afternoon. Tuesday is calling for cold rain and possibly snow.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Morning! Got in 4 recovery miles yesterday after a 13 miler on Saturday.   SRD for me today. It should be a light week since I'm tapering for the half marathon this weekend. I'm confident I will PR as long as my calf/achilles decides to cooperate.

runtraildc

Hi all.  Got in my treadmill 2 miler at 75% body weight today.   I added incline when they weren't looking, so this is how I am living on the edge lately  .    This should be  the last week of PT and I expect to be back outside, running full body weight, on trails next week. 

MTwarden-- How much time are they telling you to 'not run'?

LB-- do you only get one turkey/season?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Hi all.  Got in my treadmill 2 miler at 75% body weight today.   I added incline when they weren't looking, so this is how I am living on the edge lately  .    This should be  the last week of PT and I expect to be back outside, running full body weight, on trails next week. 

MTwarden-- How much time are they telling you to 'not run'?

Good on you!  They didn't say, I'm taking today off of work to give it another day of rest- I'm on my feet most of the time on my job and I'm still experiencing pain when I put weight on it.  I'll be plenty excited when I can walk normally w/o a limp Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Have to go into work this evening so it looks like it will be my 6.3 mile loop on the roads this afternoon. I'm thinking about taking a garbage bag along and picking up the Aluminum cans along the way. There's so many that I may end up with a pound or more.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for some miles in the sun. It's 23 degrees, but it feels warmer, must be the blazing sun.

Sandy: I enjoyed your pictures from Japan. By coincidende, I just read an article about climbing Fuji-San - it must be gorgeous to watch the sunrise from the top. Does the trail up start almost at sea level? That would be a great climb, good for a full week of vert ft.

DD1: That's my annual Earth Day project, picking up the trash along my trails. Last year, I did it twice, and ended up with 2 garbage bags full each time!

Run for fun.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Have to go into work this evening so it looks like it will be my 6.3 mile loop on the roads this afternoon. I'm thinking about taking a garbage bag along and picking up the Aluminum cans along the way. There's so many that I may end up with a pound or more.

I have that issue on my road run loop too, apparently Bud Light is a very popular beverage in

this area.

Sandy-2

Sandy: I enjoyed your pictures from Japan. By coincidende, I just read an article about climbing Fuji-San - it must be gorgeous to watch the sunrise from the top. Does the trail up start almost at sea level? That would be a great climb, good for a full week of vert ft.

FTYC: I don't know the elevation of the trail head going up Mt Fuji.  I was researching it a while back when I was thinking about doing it with some co-workers, but it turned out we were not going to be there when the trails were open.  They have set dates when you can go up. So I didn't look into it that closely.

On Saturday my run was in Kamakura, which is about 45 miles due east of Mt Fuji.  Yes it was a very clear day and the mountain was very visible, the photos didn't do it justice.  Kamakura is an ancient city in Japan and there are lots of shrines, it is also the birthplace of Zen Buddhism, hence my "Zen Running" reference....  I was closer to sea level and the trail went up and down, but no high elevation, in the lower right corner is part of a temple that I went by.

tbd.

LB2

LB2