Trailer Trash

Valentine's Daily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out for a long run in he woods. Might do some exploring if I have time and try to get lost.

For Valentine's Day, one of my favorite songs with timeless lyrics.

Love is but a song to sing
    Fear's the way we die
    You can make the mountains ring
    Or make the angels cry
    Though the bird is on the wing
    And you may not know why

Come on people now
    Smile on your brother
    Everybody get together
    Try to love one another
    Right now

QOTD:  Any Valentine's Day plans?  We're going out for wings and beer. I know, romantic isn't it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Slept horrible last night so I'll be tired today. Stepped on the scale and gained a couple of pounds since yesterday morning . Considering that I was throwing up, not eating and barely drinking how can that be . Probably some fluid retention.

I'd like to get out for 5 miles but not sure if I'm feeling well enough for that yet. Possible a walk/jog at a pace just enough to keep from freezing.

QOTD: Nothing specific yet.  The truth is it snuck up on me this year .  I was going to discuss it with DW yesterday but felt so miserable that it never happened.  We'll probably plan something for the weekend.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5-ish miles in yesterday evening, felt great after a week of not running. Going to shoot for something similar this evening.

qotd: I'll probably just chase my DW around the house tonight    I've got the cabin rented again this weekend that we had to bail last weekend, so that's semi romantic 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

5 miles on the mt. Chilly this morning.

qotd  DW is working. We will do something this weekend.

Gator eye

6 slow, I felt like a slug after yesterday's hill work

QOTD: BS holiday with no meaning but to guilt you into parting with your money and a reason to post stupid crap on facebook.

So no i won't be playing

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Going to run at lunch.  It seems I have a leak someone in radiator so even though we own over 10 cars I had to get a ride to work .

QOTD:  Well it's $2 pint night.  A co-worker is going to drop me off at the bar and wait to be picked up.  Wish they served wings!  My dog Jack must know it's Valentine Day.  He climbed in bed this morning and snuggle with me. 

DD:  My weight is climbing too  if I was hitting the gym more I would call it muscle mass but I am a little worried it's plain old weight gain!!!

MT:  Hopefully your week off of running will give your wife the upper hand in this chase tonight! 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 slow, I felt like a slug after yesterday's hill work

QOTD: BS holiday with no meaning but to guilt you into parting with your money and a reason to post stupid crap on facebook.

So no i won't be playing

Image result for valentine candy sayings

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Going to run at lunch.  It seems I have a leak someone in radiator so even though we own over 10 cars I had to get a ride to work .

And when I had five in the stable everyone thought I was crazy .

Working on the BMW right now and that one is driving me crazy and into the poor house.  Learning some stuff and a education is not always cheap .

Gator eye

Happy VD Queen  lol

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up running 3 hours on mostly trails. Tried to find a connector trail but was unsuccessful so had to bushwhack about 300 yards to get to another trail.  Old maps show one there, but haven't been able to find it, so maybe grown over.  Finished with last 6 miles on AT.  Didn't see a single person the whole time I was out there, and the trail-head was empty when I pulled in and when I got back to the car, but while I was out running, someone left me a note.

Looks like at least I'll have someone waiting to meet me in Heaven.

Gator - That attitude would never fly in my house with DW.  I'd be a dead man.

Queen - Too bad your husband doesn't work on car; oh wait, never mind. 

Dreamer - I've gained weight from fluid retention too.  Damn beer.

Daydreamer1

Looks like at least I'll have someone waiting to meet me in Heaven.

Just reading that made me wonder,,,,, HWJT???   I'll bet it wouldn't be in all caps .

AT-runner

Tim

Just reading that made me wonder,,,,, HWJT???   I'll bet it wouldn't be in all caps .

If it were a text, all those caps would mean he was yelling at me.

NorthernHarrier

Heading over to the DNR office right now to get '17 trail passes, park stickers, new fishing license, etc. This will be painful $ wise but I am an advocate of user fees so I shouldn't complain too loudly. Do Madison's 10k route right after that since I'm not too far from there. More roads. 

Saw on the Beaverhead roster that Scrapster is entered in it. Remember her?  Should be fun bumping into her out there.  Someone else here was talking about entering Beaverhead awhile back too. Wonder who it was and if they ever did.

QOTD--DW and I go out to eat often incl. last night at our favorite brew pub. We'll leave tonight for the amateurs and stay home. Bought her a great card and my favorite chocolates.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Heading over to the DNR office right now to get '17 trail passes, park stickers, new fishing license, etc. This will be painful $ wise but I am an advocate of user fees so I shouldn't complain too loudly. Do Madison's 10k route right after that since I'm not too far from there. More roads. 

I just did that painful trip last weekend.  I still need to buy my dog park pass though.  Damn dog park Nazis.  You running again?  That's great news!

Running is dumb.