Trailer Trash

Ultimate Direction Highline Pack (Read 43 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I've used the UD Wasp for several years and since I had 2 broken zippers I was looking for an option that could hold more fluid for longer unsupported runs.  The UD Highline has a 96oz bladder + can hold 2 bottles for 44oz more.  There was a big sale on Amazon and I got the $119 pack for only $59.

3 runs with it so far and pretty happy.  It took a while to get it set up properly for my long torso, but has little to no bounce (at my slow speeds).  Still not a fan of the bladder design the UD uses and the bladder is a bit awkward to get at, so this might be hard to use for races (if you want to get in and out fast).  I do like that I can carry 2 bottles with Tailwind and water in the bladder (or vice versa).  It comes with a molded plastic framesheet that I removed to make it more comfortable for running.

Anyone else use this pack?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

It looks like I'll be using it this summer if all goes well. I had looked at this last fall, liked the features but didn't like the price. Now I log in, see this post, go shopping, and there's one on the way. At least I hope so. Amazon said it was their last one so I guess it's possible someone could have ordered right before I did.  Darn it AT, your getting me to spend money  !!!!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

nice looking pack

that would have been handy for Joshua Tree last year; nothing like 40 miles in the desert to remind you how important adequate hydration is Big grin

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Darn it AT, your getting me to spend money  !!!!

Sorry, Dd1, but glad you got in on a pretty good deal.

Daydreamer1

Sorry, Dd1, but glad you got in on a pretty good deal.

I paid a little bit more then you. Mine is coming direct from Amazon. Some of the third party sellers were a few dollars cheaper but I've had some problems recently with third party sellers not shipping stuff out in a timely manner.

I was glad that you posted because I would have missed this and knowing my luck the price would have went up as we get into spring.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I don't have one, but it looks like a great gadget for the long unsupported runs into backcountry. For races, you can always use a pack with a bladder that's more easily accessible, or handhelds, if you are planning on utilizing the aid stations. Too bad I don't really need a new pack now, it's a steal!

Run for fun.

LB2

What about front pockets? I like the bladder with the two bottle option. In most cases, two bottles will get you where you need to go if it is the next aid station. However, it only takes one incident of a two bottle distance becoming a three bottle distance to make you seriously think about hydration options. I made a fateful decision once where I decided that no aid station was more than two bottles away. I took two and opted to put a few extra food items in the slot for my hydration bladder. That morning, I looked at the weather. I looked at the hydration bladder and thought, "It might be a good idea to fill this bladder with ice instead of leaving it in the vehicle and filling the space up with some peanut butter crackers..." I had plenty to eat, but nothing to wash it down with.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

There are 2 zipper pockets on the side that you can reach with the pack still on.  They can hold gloves or a smart phone, etc.  Along the front straps there are 2 pockets for gels, and I found 2 gel block packets fit very well in each.

LB2

I like that.

LB2