Trailer Trash

Turkey Tuesday (Read 40 times)

LB2

I ran a great 10 miler yesterday afternoon. It was my longest run since Pinhoti on November 1st and 2nd. I have been running little 3 to 5 mile runs since then, with an 7.5 or 8 thrown in once in awhile. Yesterday, I really felt inspired to run, and I saw some turkeys.

QOTD: What do you do when you go through extended periods where you don't feel like running?

After a goal race, I usually lose inspiration for awhile until I can re-focus on another event. And that is definitely what happened on this latest funk I was in. I am not yet focused on a race, but I am focused on some mountain running and hunting in April, which helps.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

SRD for me (usually run on Tuesday, but have to work late- I'll shift it to Wed/Thur)

qotd: It might be a function of not running for that long (~3 years), but I don't usually lack motivation to run- occasionally the weather is so bad it takes a little forcing to get out, but other than that I'm usually ready to go- the opposite, not being able to run however is hell

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

5 easy miles on the back roads today.

QOTD:  Happens to me often after a big build up to a race.  I go to some new trails or revisit a trail system that I haven't seen in a while.  It also helps me to look at maps and plan a run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

It would have been a tough run on the refrozen slush without them, but my spikes made it pleasant enough. Marley and I wound up running an easy 3 miles of frozen trail.

QOTD: That generally isn't a problem for me these days.  I run because I like to and don't train for anything.  So there is no post race let down.  There may be a day or two here or there where I feel like a break and I take one.  I am likely to go mountain biking or something on those days.  There may also be longer periods where I am away on a bicycle tour or backpacking trip and don't run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

NorthernHarrier

SRD for me today. Legs, especially my quads are trashed. Snowshoeing, skiing, running, including a hilly,cold 10 miler yesterday have taken a toll. Did do a light workout in the man-cave this morning though. Hopefully back at it tomorrow with a pace/tempo workout early.

QOTD--I have been running for 35 years and I have NEVER lost my desire or motivation to run. Now racing is a whole 'nother matter. I have had periods where I just lost any desire for that but I actually still trained like I was still racing. Love the race specific training workouts but there are a couple huge gaps in my running where there was no racing.

XtremeTaper

Phew.. I am a bit bushed today after watching the Buckeye's bring home the championship last night. Stayed up way to late with post game beers and even entertained the wife a bit dancing to "Hang on Sloopy" with beer in hand when the final nail was put into the coffin. Run today? Sure. The plan is a late afternoon run with the Lady before sunset. Maybe we will hit the rail trail outside of town for something flat and easy that I can run in cruise control.

QOTD: Honestly, I don't have long stretches of time where I don't feel like running. It's sort of like shitting and pissing to me. A normal daily bodily function.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Occasional Runner

Nothing today. I slept in before traveling to Sao Joao da Boa Vista for packet pickup. It's hot as balls here today.

QOTD: What?

hog4life

5 miles this morning in feels like 25. It was nice except when going into the wind.

QOTD,  sign up for another race.

runtraildc

Good afternoon, folks.  Got in 4 miles of intervals on the treadmill.  I'm hoping to get out for another couple miles later tonight.

qotd:  I've been running 30 years and I see a natural ebb and flow to my running.  Some years are better than others, just as some weeks I'm more motivated than others.  Sometimes, other things in life (babies) keep me temporarily from running.  And naturally, after a goal race that I've been focused on, afterwards, I want to spend some time doing other stuff.  In short, I'm in it for the long haul.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

In the city for training so had 2 live 2 hours earlier so don't think I'll get a run in the next two days but will walk the dogs..

QOTD:  i've had these periods but rarely last more than a week...what do I do...feel guilty about it.    I start looking at races.  Recently I set a 6 month goal for mileage and put it on the RA bunny tracker..  It's doing the trick, although I am behind .

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

QOTD: Honestly, I don't have long stretches of time where I don't feel like running. It's sort of like shitting and pissing to me. A normal daily bodily function.

I like you extreme!!

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Recently I set a 6 month goal for mileage and put it on the RA bunny tracker..  It's doing the trick, although I am behind .

Come on, Sue!  Don't let this gimp be ahead of you!

I am planning on 6-7 miles tonight.

QOTD: I have never experienced this.  Maybe a day or two if I'm tired or the weather is shit, but I have never had an extended period where I didn't want to run.

Running is dumb.

some call me Tim

Just 3 for me today, through the unstable base. It's getting better though- 12mpm now instead of 17

qotd: Never happens. Running is often the one thing that can make me feel sane in what is an extended stressful situation with no end in sight. Even when my body doesn't feel like it, my mind does.

Sandy-2

Been crazy busy this week attending meetings.  Haven't run since Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about our dog.  You guys are all great!!!!  We're really missing her, very bummed.  She was a really great dog, she used to love running with me, but then I had to limit her running when she got older (not to mention later on when she had one of her legs amputated).

qotd: I just figure that if I don't feel like running I must need the break. I usu legs amputated).ally get antsy and need to run after a while.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Thanks for the challenge Mandy.....i love challenges!!!!  I'm going to put your picture on my alarm clock to get me out opf bed.

Come on, Sue!  Don't let this gimp be ahead of you!

I am planning on 6-7 miles tonight.

QOTD: I have never experienced this.  Maybe a day or two if I'm tired or the weather is shit, but I have never had an extended period where I didn't want to run.