Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 37 times)

After a few days of thawing the trails are still snow covered. We took advantage of that to do a 3 mile moonlight trail run. By the end of the run the pre dawn glow was kicking in.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Gator eye

We got 8 road miles in today. The snow and ice has turned to slush and mud, I got a least a month of pavement ahead of me.

QOTD: have you ever taken a nap during a race?

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

will head out for 6-ish this evening, weather has been heavenly!

qotd: my longest races have only been 50k- so no napping 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Morning all,

Just got back from a trip to Park City, Utah and in a slight depression because of how gorgeous the Wasatch are. I would move out there in a heartbeat if I wasn't committed to the idea of starting a family near my family.

Looking forward to getting back into heavy training this week. I'm still a bit sore from snowboarding on real mountains though.

QOTD: No, but my longest race was 50 miles....didn't seem necessary.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A little run thingy tonight.

TnC - pictures of your trip?

QOTD: Literally...no.  But figuratively....I think I have lost myself for periods of time.  One day when I run a hundred, I can see myself curling up on the side of the trail for a nap.  Just seems natural.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Last day in Puerto Vallarta...going to run down the beach in a bit.

qotd: nope, probably never will, my races are too short..  Plus i am nit much if a npper.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Waiting for DW to get back home and we'll head out for 10 miles together.  Trails are still a mess here and rain expected later today and tomorrow, so they'll be all snowy / muddy for a while.

T&C - Did you stop in at the No Name Saloon and Grill?

QOTD:  Yes, during my first 24hr event I took a short nap, but didn't last too long because I couldn't stop shivering.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NorthernHarrier

Rest day here but a decent workout in the man cave except for having to work around camping stuff strewn all over. Leave for the gulf coast in a few days and I'm trying to figure out this luxury of car camping as opposed to my more normal type camping I'm used to. A cooler and chairs??? Blasphemy! 

Tempo/pace work planned for the early hours tomorrow and back to using a headlamp I guess.

QOTD--No.  I'll never run THAT far.

Still haven't recovered from daylight savings...skipped my AM run, will be doing it on my lunch instead. Planning on 1 hour. Meaning I'll be skipping strength again, but I suppose easing up on that may not be a bad thing in the weeks leading up to my race.

qotd: I sleep on summits a lot, but not on arunning race.

sugnim

Good morning kids. I had a nice little 4 mile run under stary skies this morning. No one else was out on the trail. It was a nice start to what will be a long day. Immediately after work I have to head to rehearsal for Phantom--performances start next week. It should be fun, but these next 2 weeks will be a little crazy.

QOTD:  Nope, and I probably never will. The longest race I've done was 13.1, and I don't really have the desire to do anything longer.

Daydreamer1

Just got home from work so a short nap is in order. After that I'll try to decide if I want to drive up to the mountain and battle the snow or just stay around the house. Either way I'm looking at getting in 8-10 miles today.

QOTD: I'm still trying to figure out how to get my stomach to cooperate with running 50k. If I ever go above 100k I certainly wouldn't rule out the idea.

LB2

I have Mayor's court and a town meeting after work, so I won't get a run in today. It is another SRD; however, I am afraid that the next three days will be URD's because of the weather.

QOTD: I don't get sleepy when I run all day and into the night and into the next day. So, no, I have never taken a nap during a race. I have heard of people just lying down on the side of the trail and napping. I have to work hard to finish a 100 mile race, so I stay pretty focused on moving forward at all times, which is part of the reason I love that distance. It is hard, and you don't know what is going to happen to get in your way.

LB2

LB2

Just got back from a trip to Park City, Utah and in a slight depression because of how gorgeous the Wasatch are. I would move out there in a heartbeat if I wasn't committed to the idea of starting a family near my family.

I know exactly how you feel. It is hard to beat the beauty of Utah. It has everything I love.

LB2

QOTD: No, and probably never will.  I don't race long enough distances.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  We're all chatty here early today Smile  I'm planning on running easy and short after work today.  Last night I took my bike off the trainer -- woo hoo!  Hoping to get in a ride this week while the weather is cooperating.

QOTD: The farthest I have run is 100K, so that wasn't a long enough day to need a nap.  I did pace from 8pm - 9am during a friend's 100 miler and when she took a nap at an aid station, I also rested/laid down for a while.  So I guess I've napped during someone else's race, but not my own.

Running is dumb.