Trailer Trash

More Snow Mondailies (Read 31 times)

Marley and I had another great 5 mile trail run. We waited for it to warm up a bit, but it was still 9 F when we set out. At least it was calm.

They are calling for some more snow starting this afternoon.  I am looking forward to the predicted 4-8".  I think that is a pleasant amount of snow if we actually get it.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers- have the day off so will get 14-ish in this afternoon in the hills

qotd: your current shoe?  I'm still running Pear Izumi Trail N2's, I'm on my 5th or 6th pair- "if ain't broke..."

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Snow? It's going to be 77 degrees and sunny here today! Smile  Went hiking in the mountains yesterday and today we're going to go for a bike ride. Arizona is amazing!  I feel like I've time warped into summer.

QOTD: I've been wearing my Montrail Mountain Masochist for many years now and still love them. Pearl Izumi EM H3s on the road.

Running is dumb.

QOTD: Brooks Cascadias.  I am on my 7th pair.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD: Brooks Cascadias.  I am on my 7th pair.

QOTD: I've been wearing my Montrail Mountain Masochist for many years now and still love them. 

I see a trend on the "if ain't broke" theme 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

I see a trend on the "if ain't broke" theme 

Yeah, there is something to be said for being able to just grab a pair of new shoes and already know they work for you.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I have taken the last 4 days off of running.  My legs were rebelling a bit.  I think they did at the right time as temps were ridiculous this weekend.  Woke up today to 0 on the thermometer.  That's just not right! So I will pick things up again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Mandy - you have to rub it in huh? You're only allowed to do so if you provide some pics.

QOTD: Hoka Stinson Trail and just picked up a pair of Asics GT 2000.

Have a great (hopefully warm) day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Happy President's Day, trailers!   Got in a brisk 3.5 miles a bit ago.  I waited until it got out of the single digits, but it was still cold!  And it felt much harder than it should have, especially for the distance.  I'm going to chalk that up to the cold.  I have a double planned, so I'll get out for another 3-4 tonight, ideally when the snow is starting to fall.

qotd:   My cascadia 7s are my favorite.  Looking forward to the 9s going on clearance soon.

AT-runner

Tim

Resting today.  10 mile run in DC along the Rock Creek Trail and around Haynes Point.  Then we walked over 8 miles to and from The Mall from Georgetown.  Sunday's run was cancelled due to extreme winds, so walked some miles on TM with elevation.

QOTD:  Altra Lone Peak  2.0

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

some call me Tim

I woke up this morning to -12.. I'm not sure I've *ever* seen it that cold around here. I may get out on snowshoes later, but it made me glad I actually got some time in on the treadmill yesterday... a run that went exceptionally well. I just felt so light and was listening to Gojira and grinning the whole time.

qotd: Inov-8 Trailroc 255, I'm on my second pair. Nice middle sized lugs and plenty of room in the forefoot.

sugnim

Hi all. I have the day off work today. I took my son to the open gymnastics floor for a couple of hours and will do some hiking with him later.

QOTD:  Pearl Izumi EM2 on the trail and Asics 2000 on the road.

NorthernHarrier

9.3 on hilly, icy roads today. Single digit temps, felt balmy after the last couple days but it will be plunging down again the next 3 days. Persevere I suppose. And whine.

Snowshoe race yesterday went great, smoked my time from last year on the same course. Pretty sure that has more to do with the snow conditions than suddenly becoming a beast. 6th out of only 24 peeps. Small friendly crowd, a good event where I know a few of the people that put it on and a couple other participants. Froze my ass off afterwards drinking beer and chatting it up. Temp at race time was 5F.   I'm thinking of doing another one or two of these.

My sister lives in Tucson and she'll always give a call when we are sitting below zero and they're enjoying that beautiful weather. I always return that call come summertime when they are Africa hot.

And it's snowing again. 

Daydreamer1

Finally feeling a little better today. I fell asleep at work for several hours yesterday morning, then slept most of the night as well. Gotta love a job that allows you to sleep if you're not busy !!!!  Then I came home and went back to bed for another 3 hour nap. Still tired but at least I don't really feel sick anymore. Not sure if I had a touch of the influenza, some walking pneumonia or just the general creeping crud.

It finally hit 15 degrees here. Think I'm going to head out in a bit for 4-5 miles. That should knock the crap in my lungs loose.

QOTD:  Currently trying to wear out a pair of Hoka Bondi B's, The Hoka Mafates and NB 1210s are waiting for things to warm up a bit and I'll start using them on the trails again.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

NH - congrats.  You may have said before and I missed it but how long/far are your snowshoe races?

DD - in a 12 hour shift, how many calls on average do you get. BTW - I was just reminded of a story from years ago when I was working at a D & A facility in Hbg.  We had to call for paramedics for one of the guys.  I forget what the issue was.  But he had to be carried out of the house from the second floor.  The dude was HUGE.  I mean he was a very very large man.  The stairs going down were very narrow.  I felt terrible for the paramedics trying to get him out.  I think he was conscious but not able to walk well.  I am sure that is not the kind of fun you want!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

-24 this morning..... Yeap back on the treadmill for 4. Mr Jangles is feeling left out and getting quite upset about all mt treadmill miles lately