Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 34 times)

Marley and I had another great 4 mile trail run. We kept it short and easy since I am still a little off from anesthesia yesterday for an endoscopy. The results of the EDG were good.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I couldn't get up and run this morning...needed the sleep more.  Looking to tonight to get it done....maybe.

QOTD: Based upon a certain someone's answer yesterday, Have you ever been in trouble with the law? Or broken the law but got away with it?

Me? No.  A speeding ticket once.  Got stopped through Valley Forge National Park by a park ranger once for apparently swerving - I blamed it on my car not being aligned right.  Otherwise nope not me.  But maybe some of you???

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Second day of school, and one of the boys is already ill. As DH is in Maryland, spending a few days with our oldest son and with his dad, I had to call off work, and it loks like no run today, either. 

TT: hope you'll fully recover soon again!

Run for fun.

Birdwell

Good morning folks!

Got in 5.5 late last night in downtown Salt Lake City. I thought where I lived was hilly, until I ran up and don the Avenues last night.

We're in SLC because kiddo #3 (our 4 month old baby boy) is going under the knife tomorrow morning. Thoughts, good vibes and prayers are appreciated.

QOTD: nothing serious, but there was a stretch back in my formidable teenage years where me and my buddies were detained by police every single day for a two week period during the summer. Every. Single. Day. I'm quite proud of that and the fact that we didn't get arrested or even ticketed during that stretch and parents were only called once to pick us up.

I stopped counting speeding tickets 5 years ago. They're just a fact of life.

moonlightrunner

TT: hope you feel better soon. Glad the test result was good.

Couch: wow...that is no way to start the school year!

Bird: you must have been a very bad boy, indeed!

Boy name: I hope you can get out there tonight.

I am home from work today with pink eye. I was suspicious about it yesterday. Probably passed it on to my family already.

Qotd: A traffic ticket or two. Yesterday I ran a red light and nearly t-boned someone. It was a very close call..and I was not even on my phone! I was eating a burger. Probably getting too old to multi task when driving.

I plan to run this evening. Not sure how far.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

3.1 mile run last night.  The joint seems to have settled down, but now my hip flexor is giving me a little bit of trouble.  Always something.  Anyway, bike commute to work for me today.

QOTD: Just silly driving related things when I was a teenager.  I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in ages now.  :knock on wood:

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

QOTD: Very few minor things, like a parking ticket, two speeding tickets in 32 years of driving. No big stuff.

But when our youngest son accidentally ate one of DH's pills and had to go to the ER, about 2 years after he had climbed up a 6-foot shelf to help himself to some Niquill (all things that DH uses, you'd never find this in my medicine cabinet) and had to go to the ER as well, child welfare investigated. This was scary, as both incidents had been freak accidents, until it was decided we were not neglecting our kids, and we had no fault in the two drug poisonings of our son. Worst time in my life.

But it seems that I'm not lucky with getting away with anything - first time I try, or some unlucky incident happens, I instantly get caught and punished, which has taught me to pretty much stick to rules, and pay attention to what I do.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

Awesome morning for some intervals. This weather is more like it. It's always great that the last few are fastest ones. I should start really thing about dropping this thickness(fat) I have accumulated over the last few years. Might make things a little easier.

Funny, It seems to be just the women that want to hear XT's story.

QOTD--Yes.

Best wishes Birdwell!

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Birdwell: Best wishes for the baby!

Moonlight: yep. But at least, no-one has missed the bus so far  (this is how our school year started last year, everybody missed the bus on the first day!).

Which brings up something from yesterday: the neighbor's girl, it's her first year in high school, missed her bus home, because it was a replacement bus with a different number on the door. OK, this happens, probably to every kid at some time in their school career. No big deal, just laugh it off and move on. However, her mom spammed my daughter's phone for two hours, inquiring how this could happen, trying to assign some fault to someone. Really?

And, we live next door, just pop in, and we'll figure it out.

Some people... 

Run for fun.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Funny, It seems to be just the women that want to hear XT's story.

QOTD--Yes. 

It's the wild side that makes a guy interesting... 

Being a woman, I would not decline hearing your story, too. 

Maybe then I'll share a story from my teenage years (I thought we were counting the adult years only )

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Morning, folks!  Heading out the door for about 4 miles on the hilly trails.  It's a gorgeous morning with heat and humidity coming in later.  Didn't run yesterday so no procrastinating today.

Birdwell-- best wishes and prayers for the baby's surgery today.

Harrier- don't be a tease.  You (and XT) bring it up, follow thru on the story.

qotd:  Yes.  I was stopped as a suspect in an armed bank robbery with three co-workers.  Somehow, we fit the description.  Luckily, the cops figured it out quickly that we were not their bank robbers, but getting surrounded by 5 police cars, lights flashing, guns pulled out in the middle of the business district by the Univ of Washington was scary.   I was just glad it was during the day, and not night.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Early morning meeting...but I could have still ran from 4 to 6 when I just laid in bed unable to sleevp.  May run after work but most likely will go directly to chores.

Qotd:  Drinking beer in a state park $188.  When I was young I did a lot of illegal......One  of which is now legal in  Colorado....  I was pulled over for drinking and driving when I was a kid..the cop Leroy pulled me over in my friends driveway, I was more scared of her Mom waking up then of the cop.  He told me to drive straight home.

good vibes sent to Birdwell's little baby..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

muppy

9.3 rocky trail miles yesterday.

Hope everything goes well for the Birdwell family!

QOTD In my teens and 20's I got into trouble a lot, I think the police just had it out for me! Since I stopped drinking 15 years ago I've not gotten in any trouble, go figure......

Occasional Runner

I just finished a speedy 8 miler at sea level. I love running at low altitude because it really gives me a chance to play with my turnover. Heading back to Utah later today.

QOTD: Yeah, there were a few brushes with the law and I know what it's like to sleep in an orange jumpsuit.

moonlightrunner

Bird...hope all goes well with the baby!

Queen, DC, Harrier...sounds like you all led interesting lives. I was BORING as teen.....I followed all the rules....wait... I am still boring. Smoked a ltlle pot..that was it...no good stories... so I need to hear yours!. That police car/bank robber thing....must have been scarey!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k