Trailer Trash

look at mother nature on the run on this Sundaily (Read 37 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sorry can't get Neil out of my head yet   going to get in 5-6 miles later today, 30's this morning, high in the low 50's- perfect!

qotd: arm sleeves?  at first I thought they were a gimmick, after using them I like them   they take up very little room, super lightweight and easily removable (and pretty easy to put back on if need be)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

slosh

I'll test out the legs for the first time later today.

I I just got done cheering for a half & marathon that goes a block from my house. That's always fun and gets me motivated. I saw my old high school football coach and ran with him for a 100 yards. He's probably upper 60s and still in great shape. He was a great role model.

Qotd: never tried them. Curious to hear the replies.

runtraildc

4 miles on the paved trail with a friend.  No one was out - it seems as if everyone is pretty well bunkered down in this weather.  The rainhas finally stopped and we may get sunshine tomorrow.  Looking forward to that after a week of rain, wind and gloom.

qotd: Never tried them, but after running in long sleeves this morning, but didn't really need them, I'm left wondering if sleeves would have done the trick.  But I don't think I need anymore running gear. 

LB2

I just did a little speed workout, short but fast. Legs are not even sore this morning after yesterday's run.

QOTD: I haven't ever tried them.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Cool, damp and dreary here in Pa.  Hopefully Jamie is having a good time at the Blue's Cruise. Sounded like the trails were going to be muddy.   Planning on doing 7+ miles later this afternoon. Some of that will be walking with DW.

QOTD: In the cycling community we called them arm warmers and I always wanted a pair.  I've learned to make do with my long sleeve jerseys. When It gets hot, just roll up the sleeves. What I really need is some leg warmers. Yesterday's run was 6.3 miles at 49 degrees. My knees hurt for 30 minutes after I finished. They hadn't hurt all summer. That's what cold weather does to my joints .

some call me Tim

Bout to get outta here for 10 on the road and we'll see how my beat up legs handle it. For now I'm working a little more on this year's cider press and spinning After the Gold Rush. No apologies necessary, Warden... old NY albums are a perfect soundtrack for this time of year!

Blues Cruise is today? Go get em Jamie!

qotd: I've gotten a few pairs as branded race swag. They're totally practical, but I guess I'm too vain to wear them. I think they look ridiculous, on me at least, and in most cases when the temp is on the edge, I need light gloves more than I need more sleeve.

NorthernHarrier

So far our Autumn has been fantastic weather wise around here. Ho-hum, another beaut today.  Did a little over ten last night in some new shoes. Had to cut it a little shorter than planned as I forgot a headlamp and crap, it's getting darker earlier. So far for today I spent the morning grouse hunting and have been working in the woods since. Still plan on either another run or some mtn. biking.  Peak fall color looks to still be a few days off but it is still amazing.

Daydreamer--49F is NOT cold. Sounds perfect.  Lucky thing you live in tropical Pa. 

QOTD--Never wore, never want to. I have purposely not entered a couple races as those were the entry perk. I avoid trendy stuff and as a trail runner I don't try to make fashion statements. Long sleeve tech shirts are fine when a little chilly and if warm I roll up the sleeves. I usually head out underdressed anyway as I tend to run hot and can't remember the last time I was actually chilled on a run.

NHLA

10 miles Champion Hills. 40mph wind and rain so mother nature was against me but it was beautiful. Yellow poplar leaves blowing around.

We have been lucky. Haven't lost power. One big poplar fell across Hebron rd.

qotd  never tried them.

XtremeTaper

Oh to live on, sugar mountain...

8.5 miles today on the cinder packed rail trail outside out town. I haven't don this run in ages. Something about the sameness of it all but I sort of felt like something without hills would be good today. So on the flat trail I went. Reeled in every runner I saw, which really isn't saying much, but did negative split the out/back. I can tell the issue with any speed on my part right now is lack of turnover practice. My legs just move so fast any more. I have more in the tank, but not in the legs.

QOTD: I coined the term arm panties for these during a stretch of taper madness some years ago. So those are arm panties, not arm sleeves. I have never used them and have no plans to do so. They do look good on the ladies. Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run for me today, as I have the feeling that this bronchitis might be turning into pneumonia. Pain in my lungs, feeling tired and short of breath. I might see the medicine man tomorrow. 

The he dreary day turned into a wonderful sunny evening and clear night - and I am feeling terribly sorry for myself for not being able to run.

QOTD: Never tried them. With my very thin arms, I am not sure they'd stay up.

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

I never run with music, but there are times when I get "... hey hey, my my..." stuck in my head.  A good tune for the long 'grind'.

I plan to run after work today (Mon).

qotd: always thought they were not for me, but then I brought a pair that I got as swag at WS along on a fat ass 50k I was planning for a trip to Italy.  (I figured if I was going to wear arm panties they might as well be a "manly man pair" from Western States).  Anyway, I wanted to take something warmish for the upper peaks, but didn't have a lot of extra room in my suitcase and I didn't feel like carrying too much on the run.  They actually worked out well for all the reasons mentioned in mt's original qotd.

tbd.

Watoni

Bike ride today

QOTD: Yes. I will state I do not get the resistance of the trail running community on this. Many things runners wear look ridiculous. As a cyclist I am used to ridiculous garb so I suppose I am already beyond hope, but arm warmers are among the most practical things you can have on a bike, especially in the mountains. You heat up on the climbs and then chill on the descents. Being able to regulate easily and turn any jersey/vest combo into long sleeves is key. Of course, if it is really cold, a jacket is nice but then you can also ditch the arm warmers. I left my jacket at a feed stop accidentally during a Pyrenees tour and I would have never survived the descent back into France when the weather went from sunny to 36 and pouring without it. I also used them in the North Face 50k when it was pouring in connection with a rain vest. That was definitely my best ever performance in a race, and being comfortable and not having to stop to add subtract layers helped. Just sayin'

XtremeTaper

Hey Watoni... I googled moeben arm panties and came up with this... that looks like some bad weather! UV Rays I suppose.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ut6tPUEfRXY/TyB4xQuf5oI/AAAAAAAAK0M/pwGeZjXXXPk/s1600/Moeben+Arm+Sleeves.png

Seriously I am just having a bit of fun here. Whatever works, works. I still won't wear them though.  Big grin

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Where is Mandy when you need her?  I am pretty sure she once posted a picture of XT in arm panties.

Seriously I am just having a bit of fun here. Whatever works, works. I still won't wear them though.  Big grin

Watoni

Where is Mandy when you need her?  I am pretty sure she once posted a picture of XT in arm panties.

I was thinking more like this ....