Trailer Trash

Fridaily (12/1/17) (Read 16 times)

LB2

I ran a fast 3 this morning, in a little under 24 minutes. That is fast for me. Also, it is the first decent run I have had in quite some time. I have just been in a total running funk. Hopefully, I have turned the corner and will be back in a good place.

QOTD: What is the month of December looking like for you as far as running?

I have race on the 16th. I was signed up for the 40 miler, but dropped down to the 20 miler. November was a total joke as far as running is concerned. I'm looking forward to running as fast as I can on the 20 in two weeks. Maybe I can salvage the year with this one.

LB2

Sandy-2

I confess....   I lied yesterday.  What do they call it now... an alternative fact?  Anyway, I didn't run after work yesterday, just felt like hanging out after work and not running.  Therefore I must amend yesterday's mileage 167 to 162.  I know, the horror.  Whew, Now, I feel better.

I did run 5 mi this morning, so I actually shifted my normal Friday SRD to yesterday.

qotd: I have the HR lottery tomorrow and then I'm doing that "accidental 100" next weekend. After that I'm planning on chilling for a bit.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy- fake news! 

Got in 4-ish miles yesterday with DW and Tiny E.  Had a little bit of drama- we took a trail that I had never been on (it's not an official trail, but well defined).  It crossed a couple of "official" trails heading up, eventually I could see that it would ultimately join a high ridge trail.  DW complained a little about the steepness, but we were almost there.  There was a fork that I waited a little for DW and told here we would take the left fork- less climb and it was headed for the same trail.  I got to the main trail, but no DW.  Elvis and I backtracked, still no DW- she must have headed down is all I could think.  We picked up the pace, but still no DW.  We made it back to the truck and still no DW.  Oh yeah it's dark now and I have the only headlamp.  I head up the steep ridge trail thinking now that she must have decided to take the higher trail.  I called her cell phone and she answered, but couldn't here me- repeated that several times as I kept climbing- no luck talking.  I see a light coming down the trail and figured I could ask this person if they had seen my wife- it's my wife with her cell phone light picking her way down the steep trail- phew!  I politely asked her not to do that again 

Looking at 4-ish mile this evening.

qotd: the usual for me, probably mostly hiking weekdays with a long run thrown in on the weekend; most likely some snowshoeing trips as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Morning trailers. After a hard end of month push to get my mileage in, my legs want a rest and my brain wants something different. With that in mind, it's a gym day with some strength work and yoga.

MT-- Umm, I think it is you that should be promising not to do that again! Glad DW found her way and she thought to use her 'flashlight'.

qotd: Just a couple of low-key races. One is a 10k along the c&o canal that you can bring a loaf of home baked bread for the entry fee (otherwise it's $10). The other is a holiday lights run, about 5 miles, thru DC and all the monuments. Ends at a bar with a great raffle.

Daydreamer1

Ain't been running, ain't been walking, ain't been doing much of anything from a dedicated exercise standpoint. I am getting an ab workout rolling around under the car doing all the grinding and cutting. .

The only reason I bothered to post today is to cry about the Montour 24 hour being changed around.  Looks like they are switching to May 11th and starting in the evening. 24 hours only, no 12 or 6 hour options.  Not sure I like it but apparently it's getting too much for the RD to handle so I won't complain too much about it.

Sandy - Good luck in the lottery.

Warden - So what did you have to do to make it up to her for leaving her behind , or are you still in the dog house .

QOTD:  Somehow I'm going to have to try to get interested in running again.  Don't know how that will go for this month. The next 9 days is still deer season. After that I'll be working more since I pushed all my extra time into the last part of the month.  Then I need to finish my car project and several other things. Not looking good for running.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I didn’t leave her behind , she decided to take the tougher route, but without telling me!  She apologized, she could see I was a wee bit antsy when I found her.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. A bit of knee soreness from too much road running (that's my explanation). Tomorrow, not sure what I'll run, but Sunday I'll be in the woods. DW and I are meeting up with another couple and having a group run.  I'm not a fan of group runs, but we'll see how it goes.

LB - Run a new trail or hook up with a friend for a run. It might get you unfunked (new word, I saw it on the news).

DC - monument night run sounds fun.

Warden - Wowsers .  I've had that happen and it's not fun. DW took a wrong turn and kept going. We had bad cell service and I couldn't get her. I was finally able to get a text through and we were able to meet up.

Sandy - You can sleep with peace now. All sins are forgiven.

Mandy Dreamer - You can still post if you don't run. We are here to make you feel guilty about not running.

QOTD:  No races, just running and trying to add some speed work in.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice trot this morning with two others and the mutts of course.  My last two runs have been pretty nice..hope it last for a while.

QOTD:  Pretty much the same as always; attempt to run more consistent.  Not training for anything so long runs can stay in the 10 to 15 range.  We are going to Joshua Tree next week to camp and run a bit.

Sandy:  Don't you have two lotteries this weekend.  You know I had a feeling you were lying about your mileage! 

Warden:  Wait you asked her not to do it again???Didn't you not wait for her at the intersection???  Number one rule you wait at intersections on new trails!!! Was your wife a wee bit mad?   Oh, just read your rebuttal...she was in the wrong...very stressful.  Still waiting at intersections helps!

runtraildc ^^that's what I said!!!^^^

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

yup waited at intersection, said this way- she decided to freelance and take the other trail, but forgot to tell me- one of the rare times I was actually in the right 

I’ve drug her through a lot of hellish hikes, so this could simply be a little payback 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

LB2 – you can come over to TX and run a loop with me at Brazos next weekend, seeing how slow I'm going these days is sure to give you a boost!!!!

mt – yeah I guess it was fake news.  Very very glad we were not reading about a lost trail runner this morning. Payback is a bummer sometimes, but I’m sure that the score isn’t even yet (at least in my case my DW could do that quite a few times before we’d be closely considered even).

DD – Thanks for the lottery luck, I’m gonna need it, fingers crossed.

AT – Thanks, I’ll sleep much better tonight.

QoN – There are two lotteries tomorrow, but I’m only in the HR one. Your sixth sense about my mileage is why I confessed, I know that there is no messing with The Queen !!! 

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Very tempted to take a rest day but didn't want to start the month in a hole with 0 mileage for the day. Expected a sluggish 2-3 miles with the way I started off, but found myself moving into 2 minute surges for a fartlek run after the first half mile.

qotd: Hoping to get my mileage back to a more suitable level but it could be hard with a week long vacation visiting my DD in Florida over Christmas.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.