Trailer Trash

Humpdaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice run in yesterday evening, 5-ish miles with some good gain; going to try and get something similar this evening

qotd: cross-train?  nothing formal for me, but I usually get in a fair bit of hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, biking depending on weather- not part of any plan- just fun 

running still accounts for the lions share of miles though

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing yesterday but will get out tonight for a run.  I should have run last night, it was clear with a full or near full moon.

warden - that is an awesome list of cross training activities.  But I agree with you, better done as fun activities than with the mindset of cross training.  But you obviously get the benefit of both.

QOTD: right now focusing on strength training.  I quit the biking thing a year or two ago because I think that may have contributed to my injuries.  Not sure that was the case or just coincidence on timing.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Just chased a few starlings away from my Bluebird house with the .410. Darn bastards flew away before I could pull the trigger .  Getting ready to go out and patrol the lawn for any dandelions that have survived my spraying onslaught of the past several days.  DW just headed for the nursery to buy some new rhododendrons to replace the ones we lost last winter. Spending more money .

Have a few other things to take care of then I'll head up on the mountain for about 14 miles. Yesterday's run was shorter than I wanted it to be. I had planned to do some exploring on a couple of trails I had found. Unfortunately like most of the trails on this mountain they only go for about 1/4 - 1/2 mile then peter out.

QOTD: Always keep saying I need to do some. I'll start then let it fall by the wayside.  The one exception would be the bicycle. Now that it's warming up I'll start to put some miles in on that.

Gator eye

We did 10 this morning and didn't find a single critter to chase or bite. Deer don't count, they're so use to seeing us early in the morning they don't even bother to run away anymore.

QOTD: about the only cross training I get in is some bike riding with my kid once in awhile.

XtremeTaper

About 6.5 miles early this morning at Green Lane. A rare weekday early morning run for me.. I was on the trail at 6:30am. We ran the shorter version of my blue loop and dang I ran it in about the same time as my regular 7 mile version because well it was early in the morning and I suck as a morning runner. All the critters and birds were awake in the woods and the Lady was having a great time fartleking about after them. Everything was awake but me. LOL. Oh, and dang that morning sun is blinding bright shining over the lake when you are running due east. Oh, last night ran 7 over at Coventry Woods. Wonderful evening but it was very breezy. Planet of fitness today at lunchtime.

QOTD: Well, I wouldn't call walking the old springer, walking behind the lawn mower, weeding flower beds, moving mulch, etc. cross training but I suppose it's something. So that and also 1-2 times a week I hit the planet of fitness for a strength routine, circuit weights really, nothing heavy, and some planks and stretches for core.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

Off work a little early today so I headed over to Donald park for a rather warm 8 miles. I take awhile to acclimate to these warmer temps. Later on I'll be running fine in upper 80's but now even 70F drains me.

QOTD--There is official scheduled cross-training workouts with a purpose and then activities. I do a lot of biking, both road and mountain biking. Some would call it cross training but I just enjoy it and I'm not looking for any training type benefit really. Otherwise hiking, skiing, an awful lot of canoeing starting now, etc. 10 day wilderness canoe trip coming up in about 3 weeks. Fun activities and am always active with something.

Actually as my running has been deteriorating do to this aging thing I have found road biking can still give me the endorphin hit and I can pour on the intensity yet so my plan is to cut back my times per week running and upping my biking.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Returned to the track for short intervals, 15 x 200m, 100m walk recovery. Averaged about 3 seconds faster than last week and it still didn't feel hard. Should take it easy the next couple days.

QOTD: I keep telling my self I should do some strength training, but I don't listen very well.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

Another 5 miles in the rainy, soggy Shanghai streets early this morning.  Did an old familiar run that goes along the side of People's Park, down Nanjing pedestrian street and then along the Hungpu river, all selected to minimize intersections with traffic.  Works for the most part. But still interfaces with bicycles and silent electric scooters that can be "startling" and harrowing at times.

qotd: nothing too formal, but some core training.  I also mix up flat running with technical trail running.

tbd.