Trailer Trash

August Mileage Challenge: Who will run the least miles but have the most fun in August (Read 28 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Since I failed to reach the mileage goals in the last two challenges, plus it's hot and plus the summer is wrapping itself up I propose we post when we had a good time.  It doesn't have to be run related but it can be...at the end of the month we can see who had the most fun...so go out there and have some fun!!! especially you folks with kids...skip the chores and just go have fun!! 

THEN COME SEPTEMBER WE ARE GOING TO BUCKLE DOWN FOR SOME SERIOUS RUNNING!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Oh thank God. I saw "August Challenge" and I was like .  Two months in a row is enough!  So the fun part sounds ....fun.

No pressure, no frills, no big deal, just relax, have fun - but forget about running. 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Marathon training officially starts in August and you expect me to have fun?  Kimpossible.

ETA: I'm also giving up beer for 18 weeks to really suck the fun out of it.

You people have issues 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Dude!  get off this post...you are no fun!! 

Marathon training officially starts in August and you expect me to have fun?  Kimpossible.

Gator eye

Where is the ignore button on this site?

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Dude!  get off this post...you are no fun!! 

This is not the first time I've been told this.

I do have 1 potential fun activity planned for August.  A rim to river and back at the Grand Canyon.  Now can I post in this thread?

You people have issues 

Daydreamer1

I do have 1 potential fun activity planned for August.  A rim to river and back at the Grand Canyon.  Now can I post in this thread?

Only if you promise to post pictures of the run .   Are you going to do the north side or the south side?

XtremeTaper

I see 2 things wrong with this post. No beer, and 18 weeks to train for a marathon. Do you have no base and have your lost your mind?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

XtremeTaper

I may not run the least miles but I run with the coolest dog ever on an almost daily basis... oh and August is the month of the half wit half trail marathon... adult beverage stops... yay.... and while you are all buckling down in September I plan to be out in Oregon goofing off on the trails. Can September be a fun month too?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

August means my summer goal race is here, 50K in the mountains of Montana followed by 4 days of hiking in Glacier NP.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

I see 2 things wrong with this post. No beer, and 18 weeks to train for a marathon IKR, just following the canned plan. Do you have no base yes, I have a base and have your lost your mind I lost it many years ago?

You people have issues 

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Only if you promise to post pictures of the run .   Are you going to do the north side or the south side?

South rim, north is an extra 4 hour drive for me.  Posting pictures is the fun part.  

You people have issues 

AT-runner

Tim

South rim, north is an extra 4 hour drive for me.  Posting pictures is the fun part.  

We'll be stopping by the GC on our way to the Grand Circle Trailfest in October. DW and I are going to do SK-River-SK.  She's still mad I did R2R2R lat year without her, so payback time.  Happy wife happy life.

Pictures of GC are always welcome, but if I gave up beer for 18 weeks my phone would shake too much to take any good pictures.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My first fun moment of August..saw a bear this morning.  Why he was still there when we came out of the woods with Earl howling up a storm I cannot understand but we came out of the woods and he took off running into the woods.  I consider that fun.  And than my co-worker gave me a freshly made pumpkin donut when I got to work... can this day get any funner??

Xtreme:  I love my dogs but they aren't cool at all!  Ok Jack is cool but Earl is a dick.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

DW and I are going to do SK-River-SK.

I think this is our tentative plan for next March.  I have no desire to do R2R2R and don't want to deal with the logistics of a R2R.

Running is dumb.