Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 37 times)

runtraildc

Morning!  A measly 3 miles in downtown Newark this morning.   Rutgers campus improved the scenery, but only slightly.  There's a park a few miles away, but I've been told it is 'too far', and not so safe.  I'll hopefully get in another couple of miles on the treadmill later.   Don't be jealous.

qotd:  pass

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning Trailers,

After work I'm looking to get 10k on the 5k course I'll be racing on Sunday.  Also will be an opportunity to try out the new NB MT1010 v2's that came in a couple days ago.

runtraildc: If you're willing to drive (~30-40 mins north) I can point you in the direction of some real trails...let me know.  Oh, and yes certainly be careful in Newark

QOTD: What would you order for your last meal?  I'd probably go with a lamb gyro made by the street cart guy that sets up by my work, or possibly crab au gratin...no wait, steak topped with crab au gratin.

**Ask me about streaking**

sugnim

Good morning.  I got a nice 5 miles in this morning with the dog--nothing eventful, just blissing out to some music, running along the river trail before the sun came up.  They finally fixed & re-opened the trail that goes from my house past my work so my bike commute this morning was so much better without having to deal with cars.

QOTD:  I guess it would depend on how I know it's my last meal & what I'm dying of.  I might just want some toast, or I might want some soup, but in any case, I'd want to make the meal myself.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

QOTD:  I guess it would depend on how I know it's my last meal & what I'm dying of.  I might just want some toast, or I might want some soup, but in any case, I'd want to make the meal myself.

You are a death row inmate (innocent of course)

sugnim

You are a death row inmate (innocent of course)

Hmm . . . In that case, I want something really stinky.  Boiled cabbage with refried beans and roasted garlic and onions and lake trout.  I will eat it until I am completely stuffed to the point of bursting.  Since I'm innocent, I may as well make my captors suffer while they take my life.  Heehee!

muppy

Will do 6 tonight

QOTD I would have to go with Tortellini Alfredo, my first job was in a restaurant and they made this, then put in oven to brown the parmesan cheese on top, so delicious!

runtraildc

Thanks, Jzilla!  Unfortunately, I'm car-less so am dependent on what's most nearby.  And for the next day, it's pawn shops and empty storefronts....  I know most of NJ is far more natural and beautiful than my current spot, which may be adding to my frustration!

runtraildc: If you're willing to drive (~30-40 mins north) I can point you in the direction of some real trails...let me know.  Oh, and yes certainly be careful in Newark

qotd:  Steak and fries.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So Couch inspired me yesterday to get up early and see the sunrise...somehow I lost all inspiration by morning.  I looked at the dark trees and the lisght sky and thought...I'm not running in those woods in the dark.  Then proceeded to sleep in.  So run planned after work.

QOTD: Mmmm don't make me hungry.  First I am definitely having a really good glass couple bottles of Red Wine with dinner.  You know the really good stuff I can't afford on a regualr basis.  Then  filet mignon, with Alaskan King Crab on the side and a big bowl of butter to dunk it in.  Dessert is chocolate mousese.  Since it's my last meal I am going to skip the vegis, ok maybe some garlic mash potatoes.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Well, I'm about 3 weeks into my new job and feel comfortable enough to dork

around on the forums during lunch. Don't tell HR.

I was out the door by 6:30 for a run, I walked around the block to warm up, took

a few steps to test my calf and... no go. It was killing me all day yesterday after

doing 5 in the morning, last night I iced/rolled/stretched and it felt better this morning

but not good enough to run. Hopefully it'll be better by Saturday, I haven't had a 20+

mile LR in months.

QOTD: My great-grandmother's Spanish rice, my mother's lemon pie, and my grandmother's

kale soup.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Thanks, Jzilla!  Unfortunately, I'm car-less so am dependent on what's most nearby.  And for the next day, it's pawn shops and empty storefronts....  I know most of NJ is far more natural and beautiful than my current spot, which may be adding to my frustration!

qotd:  Steak and fries.

Debatable (As a PA boy I hated on NJ for the first 27 years of my life...now I live here)

jonferg67

Endless trails

Morning!  A measly 3 miles in downtown Newark this morning.   Rutgers campus improved the scenery, but only slightly.  There's a park a few miles away, but I've been told it is 'too far', and not so safe.  I'll hopefully get in another couple of miles on the treadmill later.   Don't be jealous.

qotd:  pass

I hate the treadmill, but I'd still choose it over Newark. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

Low_O2

Hello all.

Got in a nice sunset run up to the Sandia crest with the dog last night. 7 miles with 1800 ft of gain. Felt really good and was able to run the entire climb for the first time since I started running that trail. Probably something close to home tonight.

Qotd: Tough one, but I think I would have to go with a big Prime rib steak.

Hi all,

I am in a rut. My training is not going well the past couple of weeks and I hate being off schedule this much. Though I can only blame myself for being so busy.  I'm planning to get about 7-8 miles in tonight and hope that it kick starts me back to where I should be. I MISS THE TRAILS!!

QOTD: Probably a really really good bacon cheese burger with fries and a lot of booze. This is my go-to race recovery strategy as well Big grin

Sandy-2

DD had a little trouble with one of her horses yesterday, was thrown off but managed to catch it and ride on.  But while that was happening she was passed.  She rode another 70 miles after the incident in hot pursuit of the new lead rider, so I'm guessing she wasn't hurt.  She did another 100 miles yesterday (note that includes vet checks and transitions to a new horse every 25 miles and they can only move between the hours of 7am to 8:30pm).  Since us runnners' understand miles I figured I'd give you approx distances she has done so far:

Day 1: 75 mi

Day 2: 66

Day 3: 100

Day 4: 83

Day 5: 100

I guess I should add that they are not following a trail, they have a GPS point for the the Horse stations 40 km off in the distance and they a page-size map with some features noted as a guide.  They then have to pick their way through the terrain themselves while on the fly.

So the current status is....  they are stopped for the night, my DD is exactly 3.8 miles behind the leader and they have about 200 more miles to go.  The riders in 3rd and 4th are riding together about 30 miles behind my DD.  The epic battle of the Mongol Derby continues.

As you can imagine I had a little added adrenaline to burn off this morning.  Did my paltry 5 miles at a pretty good pace considering it was humid as hell and about 80 deg here at 5am this morning.  With all this night time excitement my taper is going to hell in a handbasket...

qotd:  I guess a steak and mashed potatoes.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

I had a miserable hot and humid 2 hour run today.  Legs felt shot from the start, I fell twice on wet boulders and to top it off I swallowed a spider (after running through countless webs).  

QOTD:  I still consider myself a Marylander, so it would be an Eastern Shore Platter - 2 crab cakes (Old Bay seasoning, of course), some Silver Queen corn and fries. My beverage of choice would be Full Sail sessions Lager (from Mt. Hood River, OR).

Is anyone else following Sandy's DD's Mongolian race?  Pretty coll stuff.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!