Trailer Trash

the Weekender (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!  Heading out the door to run with the local running group- looks like a a 12-14 mile loop through local trails- chilly here- 15 degrees; they say it's going to warm to 40, but I call bullshit!  They've said that the last three days and we've barely made it to freezing 

qotd: on the menu this weekend?  DW has some ribeyes thawing 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Slept in a bit to recover from our 2 parties yesterday.  DW and I ran 6 at Norlo Park with snow coming down.  Not supposed to get any more than 2" here . Our place in Chincoteague is getting socked . There supposed to get over 12" of the fluffy white stuff. Wish we were there. Cousin in Atlanta got 7" and everything is shut down. He got rid of the kids sleds when they moved South. Told him cardboard works great in a pinch.

QOTD:  DW is following Mandy's lead and starting her baking, so cookies are on the menu.  Other than that, we might call out for Chinese.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Off for a run in sunny so cal in a few minute....probably 6 and in shoffs. Then to my favorite sub station and then to my nephews party where they will be serving their favorite sub.

Qotd: see above. And beer.or wine

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Supposedly we are right on the edge of the snow but actually haven't seen as much as a flake here.  Feeling really tired and don't care if I run or not. Just got out of bed about 3 hours ago and ready to head back for another long winters nap.   Going to take a rest day before starting back up with the running program tomorrow.

QOTD:  DW made Lasagna last night with sausage instead of beef.  Tonight or tomorrow night I'll make burgers on the grill.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My first time bouldering at the climbing gym!  It was fun, but my forearms and fingers are toast.  I'm staring out the window at cold and snow, but I'm going to attempt a short run anyway soon.

QOTD: I made veggie burgers last night.  No idea what's on tap for tonight.  Hmmmmm...

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

First snow of the year here. Maybe 2" so far. Started just as I headed out to the trails late this morning. We ended up at Nolde Forest, and there was a nice coating by the time we got there. It seems I end up at Nolde Forest many years for the first snow run. While it's a hilly place, the majority of the trails are smooth dirt/cinder carriage roads, so easy for footing. Plus there are beautiful sections thick with pines, which is unusual for around here. We wandered there like we usually do, typical route with a few variations to keep the run somewhat short. Calm and peaceful, with just the occasional dog walker and deer for company. Oh, and two other trail runners taking advantage of the day. I guess about 8 miles, which is probably longer than I needed to do, but well it was hard to leave since it was so nice.

Speaking of first winter snow runs, I am not super religious but do have a spiritual side. As I mentioned I end up at Nolde Forest quite often for my first snow run. Back in 2011, we had a very unusual first snow, on a Saturday in late October. The trees were still full of leaves and it never dawned on me that was dangerous thing with wet snow. I packed up SirB that day and out to Nolde we went for that first snow run. I heard gun shots in the woods right after we started, which I found odd since there is no hunting allowed at this park. It made me concerned but I kept hearing them so we stopped, not even a 1/2 mile into our run. We were right at a trail junction where we would normally turn to the right up the hill. I heard some cracks again, and thought well that's not gunshots, so what is it? Tree branches. A huge one came down seconds later, right across the trail where we were headed had we not stopped. It would have surely killed or maimed us had we been under it when it fell. We beelined it out of there after that, but I don't know, it's almost like someone or something was looking out for me that day

Anyways, none of that today like I mentioned. Just a perfect first snow run for the season.

QOTD: Saturday slumming it meal... BLT's and soup. Yum!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

16 miles out there today.

QOTD: Today my wife made waffles, a kettle of chili, a kettle of homemade applesauce, some homemade low-carb "crackers", crusts and meat and fixings for greek pizza tonight, some chocolate-covered peanut butter bars, a few loaves of our regular bread (sourdough, whole-wheat, flax-seed), a few loaves of banana bread, and probably something else.

runtraildc

Is it  bedtime yet? It was one of those days, just a whole lot of annoying-- from a clogged dishwasher drain (that I mentioned a week ago), several friends asking for favors-- just one too many tipped the balance, and thus a delayed run, which ended up being a short jaunt around the neighborhood. BUT, I did get a pair of almost new Brooks Ravennas from a neighbor who didn't like them, and the dishwasher was fixed very quickly when I asked if I should call for a service appointment. Works every time. And my run was along the park trail, which was magical in the snow at dusk.

qotd: Leftovers. meh. But I've been trying to limit my grocery shopping to use up food already in our freezer and pantry, and there was a lot. Still working on it. And I'm making challah buns for my race tomorrow and there should be a second pan for us. Though the selection at GC's house sounds much, much better

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh I just love winter (tongue in cheek). First run in the snow with sub-freezing temperatures. The footing wasn't too bad. I doubt we have even 2" yet.

qotd: How about some good comfort food: meatloaf today, maybe pierogies tomorrow

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Had a nice snow run today. Only got close to 2" here, but was fun to run on snow covered trails. Wind was howling, and I was dressed for the right temperature, but not the wind chill.  Brrrr,

Burgers tonight.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Hi all, ran my 10k this morning. My time matched exactly, to the second, last year's race! I felt I ran faster, and conditions were slightly less muddy, than last year, but nope. Exactly the same. It's a fun course though that has everything: road, c&o canal, trails, mud and scenery. I'll be back.

enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks!

runtraildc

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

congrat runtrail!

~ 12 miles yesterday with the running group, about 10 folks- not bad for 15 degrees    ribeye was delicious!  chicken tonight

3.5 miles with DW and Tiny E this evening

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

5.5 Miles. First run in two weeks. Felt both good and horrible at the same time.  It was slow but I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

XT - Many times I've been convinced that someone or something was watching over me.  Been saved more then a few times.

moonlightrunner

Last week was a bust for me. Sick with the stomach flu Wed thru Friday. Big run planned with my race buddy for Sunday. On Saturday she went out for a run and had to turn back due to intense shin pain. She is pretty sure it is a stress fracture, so she is likely out for The Frozen Otter. I am reconsidering the race. She and I were well matched age and pacewise to make a good team. I just don't feel confident about running it without a buddy. I am so disappointed. I know I should go give it a try....but I am not feeling confident.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k