Trailer Trash

Eclipse Mondaily (Read 17 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Don't burn you eyes looking at the eclipse.  DD#1 has been camping all weekend in Oregon and they have a big party today for their 100% coverage.  We're supposed to be at 79% blockage, but it will still be fun to experience.  I have glasses that I bought when I was in Oregon in April. They were in every store's checkout area, and I got 4 pairs for $10.  I could probably sell them for a nice profit this morning.

No run today.  8 planned or tomorrow.

QOTD:  In honor of Gatsby's 3rd place Cube + Balls, what was the best (or funniest) thing you ever got at a race. Was it an entry item, an award or a raffle?

Trailfest gave out Finisher Arrows that were hand made by a Navajo family.  If you completed all 3 races, you also got a hand made quiver for them.  Long story, but only 1/3 of the arrows were done ahead of time, so we had to wait several months for them.  A few weeks after they came, the family that made then was killed in a car crash as they were heading to a race to set up a table to sell their jewelry. They were hit by a drunk driver.  Very sad, and the arrows are now proudly displayed in out sun room.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

SRD for me today.

We're going to see 66% eclipse today. I have my glasses all set to go. Someone I know works at the local school district observatory and gave us a couple of pairs of glasses a few weeks ago.

qotd: The folks at Tejas Trails usually give out funny awards, like tin cutout chicken lawn ornament statues, etc.  I somehow managed to get two age group awards over the years, one was an Aztec-style pot with a leather holder (they wrote the award info on the back with a sharpie), and another was an iron business card holder with a little engraved thing glued on with the award info.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

SRD today. I did get in a much needed long run on Sunday AM. It was 5 hours of running with no breaks. Okay, I did walk one hill, but I don't even know why I walked that hill. I think I just needed to slow down a little bit. It was a decent pace with some fast stuff out past 20 miles, and I feel find today. I do have a little bit of quad and hip soreness, but it is just about what I would expect from a 5 hour run. I could have run this morning, but they would have truly been junk miles. Plus, I hit the snooze 3 times before I even realized the alarm went off.

And from yesterday: Congratulations on a great pair of balls, Gatsby.

QOTD: I really haven't received any weird or strange things at a race. I have gotten surprises at races. I won my age group at a trail half one time and had a horrible race. I think it was back in 2012, which was a year that was both great and horrible: First 100 mile finish; first (only so far) 100 mile DNF; first (only so far) AG win.

The strangest piece of swag I know of at any race is at the Cane Field Classic, which is a series of three races in one day. I think it is like a 5K, 10K, and something else, not a half or a full. Anyway, if you sign up for all three races, you get a cane knife, which is basically a machete with a blade that gets bigger from the hilt and squares off at the end. It was/is used to cut sugar cane. The race is held around Port Allen, La., which is just across the Miss. River from Baton Rouge. It is run through standing cane fields.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Day umpteen million and two of no running. Walked the beasts around the block this morning, and will take the Lady out to the trail this evening so she can wander free while I walk 2 miles or so. ITB was crazy sore and swollen this weekend but seems to be subsiding. Weird, wasn't painful when walking though. Patellar pain remains for the most part. Doc says I have some arthritis in the knee, mix of high and midgrade levels. Contemplating future as hobby jogger.

Congrats to the racers and bromance/adventurers this past weekend!

QOTD: Best swag, folding camp chair from the Hat 50k run. Race fee wasn't that high either and all participants received one. Funniest I guess would be half wit half horses ass trophy for AG placing.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: Best swag, folding camp chair from the Hat 50k run. Race fee wasn't that high either and all participants received one. Funniest I guess would be half wit half horses ass trophy for AG placing.

PCS has great awards.  I have a one of Ron's pigs from Mudfest for 3rd place Masters Clydesdale.  Pays to be fat and old.

muppy

5.1 trail miles yesterday, was so slow the deer flies had no problems keeping up with me!

QOTD At a local turkey trot I was given a paper turkey to turn in and I got a bucket full of car wash stuff from the local auto parts store.

LB2

5.1 trail miles yesterday, was so slow the deer flies had no problems keeping up with me!

I thought the deer flies had subsided here until I got popped a couple of times around daylight yesterday morning. I found one dead one with me in the shower. I don't know where he came from.

LB2

Daydreamer1

SRD.

It's been a crazy day at work so far. Now if the sky begins to darken in the middle of the afternoon then..........................................................

QOTD:  I've seen some interesting things given out but when you're old, fat, slow and don't train right all you can do is look and not touch.

AT-runner

Tim

View in Gettysburg. Used eclipse glasses over my phone lens and set manual focus on infinity.

Gator eye

6 this morning

QOTD. I got a stick for my first 50, thinking about going back and doong it again if this stupid foot holds together

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Should goout for a joggy jog but ummmm.  Unsure.  Had a good time at Marquette.

Qotd:  A coupon fir free running shies at he local running store.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄