Trailer Trash

Not running related at all, just good food - Which Pie?? (Read 60 times)

Chnaiur

After reading Each Peach Pear Plum, we made such a pie with the kids, and it was really pretty good. Maybe an option? Probably not differentiated enough though.

So your early exposure to PB is kind of like when Peter Parker got bitten by that radioactive spider? First sick, and then stronger?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I think that's what it is. Now I even eat peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Unimaginable 10 years ago!

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

How about an almond butter cream pie instead?

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

How about an almond butter cream pie instead?

I have always found that almonds don't have much taste, they are so mild. But maybe I'm just blind on that taste bud?

Do you guys think almonds have "enough" distinctive taste to try a pie with them?

Run for fun.

Chnaiur

IMO there is a huge difference between different almonds. The Kirkland ones from Costco don't taste anything, but the (much more expensive) ones at Whole Wallet have a great and distinctive taste.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

adkkev

it's blueberry or nothing at all.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have always found that almonds don't have much taste, they are so mild. But maybe I'm just blind on that taste bud?

Do you guys think almonds have "enough" distinctive taste to try a pie with them?

Try this stuff!  You have to practically pry it away from me.

Running is dumb.

DigDug2

I vote for the blackberry cheesecake pie (and would like the recipe!).  The peanut butter one sounds tasty but maybe too peanut buttery.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Blackberry cheesecake.  But I like neither pumpkin pies nor peanut butter anything.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Mandy, where do you get it?

Try this stuff!  You have to practically pry it away from me.

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy, where do you get it?

Just at Target.  They sell little 200 calorie packets too.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Blackberry Cheesecake

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

I just found it at Wegmans, too. Pretty expensive, $8.69 for the jar, but probably worth it. Almonds are just more expensive than peanuts, I guess.

Are the un-blanched almonds better (read: tastier) than the blanched ones? (Because I noticed the brand uses un-blanched almonds, whereas in some other almond butters, blanched almonds are used). Do the skins add to the flavor, or improve texture (in your opinion)?

Run for fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I just found it at Wegmans, too. Pretty expensive, $8.69 for the jar, but probably worth it. Almonds are just more expensive than peanuts, I guess.

Are the un-blanched almonds better (read: tastier) than the blanched ones? (Because I noticed the brand uses un-blanched almonds, whereas in some other almond butters, blanched almonds are used). Do the skins add to the flavor, or improve texture (in your opinion)?

Yeah, I paid $8 for it (on sale) at Target. It's expensive, but worth it over PB to me.  I couldn't tell regarding blanched vs un-blanched.  All I know is that I've tried other kinds of almond butter and none are as good as that one!

Running is dumb.

Chnaiur

I bought ought some for my long run tomorrow. You are leading me over to the dark side!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS