Trailer Trash

Not running related at all, just good food - Which Pie?? (Read 60 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I bought ought some for my long run tomorrow. You are leading me over to the dark side!

That's how I got hooked on it!!!!  I had just finished a 50K and was chatting with some other people and they mentioned they fueled with the 200 calorie packets and gave me one to try.  I feel for you!  You'll soon become an addict Smile

Running is dumb.

Chnaiur

Scary... I'm bringing some packages but also putting some in tortillas. Will let you know what the outcome is.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Woohoo, good news! I won the pie contest (and a $25 gift card)!! Cool

Thank you so much for all your ideas, tips and suggestions, I put them to work.

I made a chocolate hazelnut cream pie (I did not dare going for the peanut butter cream pie, as I thought someone else might also bring one, but in hindsight, it might even have been better, as there was no other peanut butter cream pie, and the chocolate hazelnut cream pie was less sophisticated, but what the heck, as long as it worked out). I forgot only one thing, realized it on the way home... I HAD NOT TAKEN A PICTURE OF THE PIE. Black eye So nothing to show here now, sorry. Even the crumbs were polished off the tin.

Just for your imagination: Graham cracker crust, thin layer of Nutella spread onto it, Nutella-cream cheese filling, topped with whipped cream, drizzled with Nutella, and sprinkled with toasted hazelnuts. One piece should easily be worked off on a 10-mile run.

Thanks again, everyone!

Run for fun.

Congratulations!  Kinda sounds like the Almond Joy Pie I made a few years ago.  (I wrote about it on my food blog, which is now neglected: http://ovenstobetsy.com/blog/?p=121).

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Almond Joy pie sounds wonderful. We'll have to exchange some recipes.

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

You seriously need to try and find a way to SHARE with us.  Not the recipes but the actual PIES!!! Oh and congrats by the way.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

You seriously need to try and find a way to SHARE with us.  Not the recipes but the actual PIES!!! Oh and congrats by the way.

If it all works out and I'll have to run the Stone Mill, I could bring one pie with me - or two. Shocked

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

If it all works out and I'll have to run the Stone Mill, I could bring one pie with me - or two. Shocked

For me, 1-2 pies sounds good.  What about everyone else? Big grin

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

For me, 1-2 pies sounds good.  What about everyone else? Big grin

Oh, I thought I'd have the 1.875 pies, and you'd get one piece. Who cares about anyone else, if it's pie? Wink

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Don't forget, DS and I will be at a TBD aid station.  We'll take one pie.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Actually, this would be a great idea, to have some pie for our team at an aid station. You think this is within the rules?

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Don't tease

Congrats on the win!

**Ask me about streaking**

mecrowe

Computer Geek

I'll have 3.14 pieces of pie please   :-)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Holy hell I want some Nutella pie.  Sounds amazing, Couch!

Running is dumb.

Jeff F

Free Beer

Hard for me to give you advice...I only like two kinds of pie.  Hot and cold...