Trailer Trash

Freedom Friday (Read 19 times)

runtraildc

Here's to folks on the brink of a long holiday weekend (hoping at least some of you have Monday off).  No run, thought it was perfect earlier. Will get in 4 today, hopefully before the heat kicks in.

qotd: Weekend/Holiday plans? Nothing exciting for us, as of now. Swim meet tomorrow then we're looking at cars. One seems pretty promising, so fingers crossed. 2 'new' cars in less than 6 months for us, which is excruciating in my opinion. I take car buying seriously, so this is a PIA.

AT-runner

Tim

No runs today or for a week or two.  Orders to rest the knee.  This is my first running related injury in 17 years (previous knee injury was from slipping on ice) and I'm not happy about it.  I plan on a bike ride tomorrow in the heat and humidity.

I just hope I don't become a whiny mess like Jamie, Mandy and NH when they were injured (I'm totally bating them here )

QOTD:  Will be keeping up with 24Hr World Championships from Belfast NI.  A friend Laurie Dymond is running as alternate but can get an AG award in 50+.  Bheran (from Ultrarunnig RA Forum) is also running as a 50+ alternate.    Besides that I'll stay far away from Gettysburg as 154th Reenactment is going on this weekend.  I work Monday.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Hey, guess what. No run for me today. I'd whine about it but don't want to get called out by AT. I plan to ditch work early this afternoon and get in a round of golf. See if I taught myself anything last night. In other stupid news I threw my name into the Pinhoti100 race. I am on the wait list but pretty high up there, so I guess my chances are good. You do stupid things like this when you are not running I suppose.

QOTD: Sucks, I am on-call this weekend and also next week but I get relief on the 4th. So no big plans. Hang out by the pool, walk the dogs, and hope I don't get paged.

AT - Hey, at least you have a diagnosis and a plan. You might miss some of the hotter and worst deer/horse fly weeks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Another looooong weekend on tap here. 12 hours today, 24 tomorrow, 12 on both Sunday and Monday nights .  I own a BMW therefore I must work to afford the parts .

Hoping to get in a 5-6 mile run tonight after work.  Should have called off and did back to back long runs, but I need the money.

Runtrail - Happy car hunting.  I've really come to hate the process and always walk away feeling dirty like I've just been rolling in a manure pit.  I like my new Impreza sport but of course they came out with lower financing on them in June then I got mine at.

AT - Whine, wine, wine, wine. Next thing you know you'll be meeting up with Mandy and doing a bunch of bike touring and camping. Then it'll be showing off your biker legs and new bike .  (with the way my ankles are feeling I might join you)

XT- Doing the Karl Meltzer speed golfing thing?

QOTD: As above it'll be all work and little play for me until the afternoon of the 4th.  DW is also working over that time as is DD. DS has flown off to an undisclosed location for the next month or so. His employer doesn't want him to announce ahead of time where he will be.  If I wouldn't have offered to work Monday night I'd have the holiday off and all to myself.

AT-runner

Tim

qotd: Weekend/Holiday plans? Nothing exciting for us, as of now. Swim meet tomorrow then we're looking at cars. One seems pretty promising, so fingers crossed. 2 'new' cars in less than 6 months for us, which is excruciating in my opinion. I take car buying seriously, so this is a PIA.

Last 2 we bought were at a place that doesn't haggle. They list the price, and that's it.  They also put up MSRP and Their Price so you know what you are paying for..  Then at trade in they give you a Kelly Blue Book print out with your car's price.  It was actually a pleasure dealing with them (Fitzgerald's Auto malls  - there all over the pace).

Good luck.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - Hey, at least you have a diagnosis and a plan. You might miss some of the hotter and worst deer/horse fly weeks.

That's what one of my running partners said, but added no spider webs.  He also reminded me that I usually cut back in July anyway.

I'm just happy it's not arthritis related.  All my research last night shows it probably related to the hip flexor problem I had before the race, and I was favoring that which causes more strain on popliteus muscle while running downhill.  The 48hr has a fair amount of accumulative downhill running, and that did me in.

jonferg67

Endless trails

No run for me this morning either, although I may try to get a few miles in

tonight after work. Tomorrow is travel day to Quebec City, it's also Canada

Day so that may be interesting.

runtraildc: I feel for you, car buying is a PIA. The best experience I ever had was buying

a Saturn with DW years ago, no negotiating.

AT: Just to hold you over until Mandy, Jamie and NH pipe in; a few running-related lame

excuses. My feet hurt, it's too cold to run, it's too humid, running is hard, it's uncomfortable, messes
                up my hair, sweating is unattractive, I have a blister, running shoes are expensive, I'll look silly.

QOTD: Leaving early-ish tomorrow morning for Canada. Plan to eat, relax, sight-see and run. Looking

forward to checking out Montgomery Falls near Quebec City.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: Just to hold you over until Mandy, Jamie and NH pipe in; a few running-related lame

excuses. My feet hurt, it's too cold to run, it's too humid, running is hard, it's uncomfortable, messes
                  up my hair, sweating is unattractive, I have a blister, running shoes are expensive, I'll look silly.

You forgot one - "It's Bad For Your Knees".

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

going to hit the trails with Tiny Elvis after work- probably 3-4-ish miles- should have run this morning, it was in the upper 40's, low 80's this evening

our long range forecast looks dismal- starting Monday they show mid 90's for ten days straight  , normal highs are upper 70's

qotd: have to work Monday- they need to change the holiday to Independence Day and always make it a three day weekend!  I think I'm taking Tiny E into the mountains this weekend for his first backpacking trip

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A local friend took me over the first 3k of the Powderface course. The climbs are still a worry, but the trail is in great shape and very runnable.

qotd: Powderface 21k tomorrow, then hiking in the area for the next three days, possibly Banff and Lake Louise.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I did a quick 4 miles after work today, it was hot but I felt good for some strange reason.  Tomorrow morning is going to be a torture chamber, low is supposed to be 80 at 5am tonight. It's summertime I guess.

Not sure I mentioned this but my DD is doing a thru-ride of the Colorado Trail on horseback.  She's part of a group of 5 girls and 6 horses.  They are just going to pleasure ride and take about 4 weeks to do the 500 miles from Denver to Durango.  They step off at the trailhead tomorrow morning.  They'll sort of skirt both the Leadville and Hardrock courses.  I'm going up to meet them a few times over the last week to resupply at some of the more remote segments, sort of between Saguache and Durango. I'll get to do a little 4wd action and when I get to the trail I'll park and run backwards on the trail to meet them and jog along with them back to the jeep. Win-Win. 

runtraildc - good luck on the car shopping.  I bought a Civic recently and really like it, I did a lot of on-line pricing before I went in and when they saw the prices I had they just gave me their best offer which was pretty good I guess.

XT - nice on going back to Pinhoti, I spoke with LB2 and he said that the RD told him that they were going to free up some more entities so you'll probably get off the wait-list soon. You, LB2 and I are all Pinhoti alumni.

qotd: Nothing really. Just some chores around the house, going out to dinner, catching a movie, etc.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Hey, guess what. No run for me today. I'd whine about it but don't want to get called out by AT. I plan to ditch work early this afternoon and get in a round of golf. See if I taught myself anything last night. In other stupid news I threw my name into the Pinhoti100 race. I am on the wait list but pretty high up there, so I guess my chances are good. You do stupid things like this when you are not running I suppose.

You should have no problem with getting in. He did not expect it to sell out so quickly, and he increased the number of runners. I think everyone will get in at this point. I just don't know what the limit will be. It will be good to see you there.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Sandy - I've never done Pinhoti, have thought about it a time or two. Sort of the course I like, point to point and all. The only disadvantage for me is the longer nighttime as opposed to a spring race. My buddy ran it once. Faster guy, well under sub24 but can't remember his exact time.

LB2 - Just hoping I don't come off that list too soon. Still wondering about my knee. But I thought I'd better get on the list just in case I want one more shot at WSQ and 16 tickets. You know the thing I swore off in my dnf.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Sandy - I've never done Pinhoti, have thought about it a time or two. Sort of the course I like, point to point and all. The only disadvantage for me is the longer nighttime as opposed to a spring race. My buddy ran it once. Faster guy, well under sub24 but can't remember his exact time.

That is my bad. I told him you had run it. I thought you had run Pinhoti before.

LB2