Trailer Trash

Short Week Tuesdaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Managed to run 4 miles on some soft trails at Caledonia SP.  Warm out, but no where near what I had over the weekend.

I ended up being the 1st Place Male Finisher at the Sole Challenge 24hr.  Never knew I was in contention since there were no race updates this year (RD and his crew counted laps because they lost the sponsorship money that paid for the timing company,)  With the heat rapidly rising again, DW and I stopped at 22 hours, once we had reached our heat modified goals for the race.  After I was done, I apparently set the mark and 2 guys were trying to catch me but came up just short. It would have been nice to know this, and I probably would have stayed around and walked for 2 hours, but whatever.  I was 28 miles behind my pace from last year and moved up a spot, so that shows you what the heat and humidity did to the field.

Hope Warden made out alright in his opposite weather conditions.

QOTD:  If you're cooking out, is it a smoker, charcoal or gas?  We bought a new smoker last week and I can't wait to try it out.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Congratulations on your race, AT. I won a 50 mile race a couple of years ago thanks to the heat and humidity. I outlasted everyone else. But I knew where I was in the running. Nicely done, sir.

I'll run 4 or 5 after work on the trails around the house. We started our 4/10 work week this week. So, I am off again on Friday.

QOTD: I use charcoal.

LB2

runtraildc

I too, managed to run 4 miles this morning on very muddy trails, but somehow my accomplishment at this pales in comparison to AT's situation/recovery.   The humidity was supposed to be lower, but it felt like a reverse rain, with moisture emanating from the trail.  The trails are also in pretty poor shape after a month of solid rain.

AT- congrats on the win.  Though I'm not sure what walking two more hours would have done except extend the misery.  Maybe not knowing until it was all done was a blessing.

qotd: charcoal, but I'm terrible at it.  Always struggle with getting my coals lit and having enough (or too much).  But I do prefer charcoal over gas, which is convenient though.

Daydreamer1

Not sure If I'll run or bike today. I'd like to run and finish the month strong but I'm having a  toe issue.  My middle toe on my left foot was feeling slightly sore, kind of like I stubbed it. When I checked it out I found that the nail was curling into the skin. Got that cut out before my last run and came home with a bloody sock. Now it's just sore enough that I know something's not right. Probably going to try for 7-8 miles anyway.

AT - Congrats on the top finish. That must have been brutal down there.  Glad I decided not to come down for this one.

QOTD:  Gas. I really, really want a smoker but it just never seems like I have the time to get one and learn how to use it.

Gator eye

Good job AT

Rest day. Going through a few prerace jitters, questioning every move I make, not wanting to screw anything up, i keep telling myself not to second guess things that got decides weeks and months ago it can do no good. We'll see.

QOTD: gas, ain't nobody got no time for no charcoal.

LB2

You "gassers" are cheating yourselves!!!!

LB2

Daydreamer1

I know, I know. The problem I have is time. Just never seem to have the time to spend on getting a good fire going.  And it does take more work so I guess there is the lazy part as well .

AT-runner

Tim

That's why we bought a smoker, I missed the grill flavor.  Now the learning curve begins!  Bought some hickory wood and need to season it before we can experiment. DW has all sorts of recipes from the chef at her work and he gave us a bottle of oil to spray on grill surfaces for the first seasoning.

LB2

I know, I know. The problem I have is time. Just never seem to have the time to spend on getting a good fire going.  And it does take more work so I guess there is the lazy part as well .

Directions:

1. Light fire.

2. Drink 2 beers.

3. Put meat on grill.

4. Drink more beer.

5. Eat.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

ummmm unsure if I will do an after work run or just call it a day...I had a 6 day weekend and I am exhausted!  Getting to old to live like this I guess.

QOTD:  Gas...it's easy and we really rarely use that.  A friend did post a picture of their smoker with chicken on it.  It looked really good but going to stick with the gas...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

works the same on a gas grill. 

Directions:

1. Light fire.

2. Drink 2 beers.

3. Put meat on grill.

4. Drink more beer.

5. Eat.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Nothing yet today.  Took yesterday off mainly due to no time but was a good place for a rest day.  Hopefully I can get in some miles and finish May stronger than I started.

AT - congrats.  Pretty good for an old experienced  guy.  

QOTD: Gas.  Ain't nobody got time to wait for the charcoal to get to where it needs to be.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

works the same on a gas grill. 

Hmmm. I guess it does.

LB2

NHLA

two a day tues. 6 miles this morn. and 6 mile group run tonight.

qotd   got all three. Green Egg natural charcoal   Weber Q  gas   brickman smoker.

Its according to what I'm cooking and for who. 

I only use the smoker for ribs. 2.5 min per side then 2 hours in smoker over beer.

Green Egg is problematic. Natural charcoal not consistant. You never know how long its going to take for red coals so its hard to plan for sides but Egg has best flavor if you buy right carcoal. Mine comes from TX.

Weber Q is SOO easy to cook on. It will hold temp from 220 to 525 degrees. 15 min to heat up 4 min to the side, steaks ready.

AT-runner

Tim

AT - congrats.  Pretty good for an old experienced  guy.  

Thanks, think you were right the first time.