Trailer Trash

Warm Wednesday (Read 17 times)

runtraildc

Last warm day here for a week or so, after the cold front moves in. Ended up with 4 miles in the woods yesterday afternoon as the rain held off. Much better than the gym. Also had another close encounter with a very large buck protecting his harem. He looked very healthy (fat) with a very large rack. Deer management in this park starts next month--I told him that, too.

qotd: Need to start baking for the holidays. What's your favorite? In the cookie category, mine are the sugar cutouts and peanut blossoms  made with the dark chocolate kisses

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 3-ish miles in with DW and Tiny E- about 6” of fresh snow- Tiny E looked like a pine marten loping through the snow 

DW goes to yoga tonight, so just the boys- probably 4-ish miles

not warm here- 12 degrees this morning

qotd: DD has been really strict with her paleo diet, so I’m probably shit out of luck for baked goods 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Brrrrr, definitely not warm here either.  Our cold front moved in yesterday and it's been crazy windy and bitter ever since.

QOTD: Thank you for the timely question!  I was just talking to DBF about what kind of cookies I should make this year.  I personally love the sugar cutouts (with LOTS of frosting) and I also make these chocolate cookies with an Andies mint that melts on top to frost the cookie.  Everyone gobbles those up right away.

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Rain is done and it's not too cold.  Something real short tonight.  My 2017 in 2017 team is in the finals.  That is two years in a row.  I think it must be me .  We'll see how it turns out but it means lots of running between next week and the end of the year!!

QOTD: I like the chocolate kiss cookies.  Never really knew what they were called.  I just know they are good.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

QOTD: I like the chocolate kiss cookies.  Never really knew what they were called.  I just know they are good.

Peanut butter blossoms!  I was thinking about making some of those too.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run yet but brought my stuff to either run at lunch or go to the gym.  I was up early but it was to help the hubby load some stuff.

QOTD:  Ginger cookies.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

OK you posted DD the other day and I thought you were visiting your daughter.  Now I know your DW is on Paleo so I am thinking you got your DD and DW mixed up.    Or is that how they do it in Montana.    How's your wife's diet going?  Have you lost any weight?

got a nice 3-ish miles in with DD and Tiny E- about 6” of fresh snow- Tiny E looked like a pine marten loping through the snow 

DD goes to yoga tonight, so just the boys- probably 4-ish miles

not warm here- 12 degrees this morning

qotd: DD has been really strict with her paleo diet, so I’m probably shit out of luck for baked goods 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

typo- fixed   it’s DW, she’s lost close to 25 lbs- I don’t think I’ve lost any weight, but should jump on the scale

to be fair, she’s very strict with it, I’m not- for example last night it was chili- mine had beans, cheese and sour cream- her’s didn’t. the night before was spaghetti and turkey meatballs- mine was over whole grain pasta w/ Parmesan cheese, her’s spaghetti squash and no cheese

I am getting more fruits and vegetables for sure and any grains I’m getting are whole grains (brown rice, etc) so probably good for me too

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Visited my orthopod again today. I am a frequent flyer there this year. Knee has fluid again after being drained 2 weeks ago. It's crazy. He still thinks it's just residual issue from the surgery and arthritis but we are getting close to 4 months post-op. Next step is to get insurance approval for Synvisc injection so I guess in a week or so I will get the knee drained again then an injection. Then rest he says for 2 weeks.

After the ortho visit a short run with the Lady. 3 miles on the local Sprogel's run trail. Colder here too. Skullcap and gloves weather.

QOTD: Plain old butter cookies with frosting and sprinkles. I am not a baker though so rely on others.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

No run at lunch toady. We went and cut down a Christmas tree.  DW likes big trees, so it's about 8' 10" tall. Our ceilings are 9'2" tall, so just enough room for an angel.

Not very motivated to run right now. Still deeply upset that my 48hr race has been cancelled. Looking at options, and we might head to NJ for the 3 Days at the Fair, or stay i PA and do Montour 24hr.   really like losing a friend, since I was a sponsor and did this race for the past 5 years.

QOTD:  Warm cookies.  Don't care what they are, just as long as they are right off the cookie sheet.  Said this before , but DW trained as a pastry chef while in college and she makes the best cookies. No recipes for her, always from memory, so they can vary slightly from season to season.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run at lunch toady. We went and cut down a Christmas tree.  DW likes big trees, so it's about 8' 10" tall. Our ceilings are 9'2" tall, so just enough room for an angel.

Not very motivated to run right now. Still deeply upset that my 48hr race has been cancelled. Looking at options, and we might head to NJ for the 3 Days at the Fair, or stay i PA and do Montour 24hr.   really like losing a friend, since I was a sponsor and did this race for the past 5 years.

QOTD:  Warm cookies.  Don't care what they are, just as long as they are right off the cookie sheet.  Said this before , but DW trained as a pastry chef while in college and she makes the best cookies. No recipes for her, always from memory, so they can vary slightly from season to season.

Just show up on that weekend and run laps by yourself - for 48 hours!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

DW trained as a pastry chef while in college and she makes the best cookies.

Welp, that's it.  I'm going to AT's house for the holidays.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Welp, that's it.  I'm going to AT's house for the holidays.

Welcome anytime.

She doesn't start baking until 2 weeks before Christmas. Someone eats the cookies too soon. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

She doesn't start baking until 2 weeks before Christmas. Someone eats the cookies too soon. 

This sounds familiar in our house too.  Men. 

Running is dumb.