Trailer Trash

Anyone using LaSportiva shoes? (Read 23 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I won an auction last night for a free pair of shoes (and a free local race entry Big grin); looking at their line-up the Ultra Raptor looks like it would work for rocky/technical terrain.  Anyone using LaSportiva?  the Ultra Raptor by chance?  Was wondering about fit, I need a roomy foot box or the shoe isn't going to work for me.

Opinions welcome!

Thanks in advance.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

My go to trail shoes are the Raptors. They renamed them the ultra Raptors and raised the price but they look the same. They can handle anything and I could run all day in them. I can certainly endorse them but I am not real familiar with the rest of their lineup.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice! Lucky you Smile I have a pair of the Wildcats. Nice and roomy toe box. I've never tried any of their other models though.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

Well, I have way had many Sportivas.

I really like the Helios (I have run 50s and Leadville in those). They are light and really good on fairly technical terrain, but are not good mixed road/trail. The lacing system of late has been problematic for me post-ankle sprain -- it is the least technical of their lacing systems (almost like a normal tennis shoe). I am looking forward to the Helios SR, which hopefully addresses this.

Other than that I agree the Raptors are good for any terrain (as are the Bushidos). The Ultra Raptor has a leather(-like?) heel that has tended to give me blisters. Many people say once you break them in that goes away. The Bushidos are very stiff out of the box, but break in a bit and are fun. That said, I would go with the URs or the Helios. URs are heavy, but that is not an issue for me.

Since you run in N2s I believe, Sportivas would be nice since they are better on technical terrain.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Thanks all!  I ordered a pair of Ultra Raptors, I used Running Warehouse's "how does it fit"- I wear a size 10 in Pearl Izumi, they had me order a 44 which equates to about a size 11

I've got a couple of races planned for next year that have a lot of rock/talus, they should serve me well for those Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √