Trailer Trash

Sunny Sundailies (Read 28 times)

Daydreamer1

Everyone must be out and about today spending time in the sun. Just came back in from lying out on my deck soaking up a few rays. Going to head out on a long road run. Looking at 13+ miles. It can be fun to do once in awhile. With all the power hiking I end up doing I find it's good to get out and actually just run for a long distance. My next race is a very runnable course so I need to be able to keep the legs turning over.

QOTD: Pass

DigDug2

11 miles on fun trails this a.m. - some tough climbs, lots of rocky/rooty stuff, some good runnable sections.  Ran with a group I join occasionally - good time.

NHLA

12 miles  started at Oskar Blues brewery. Brevard NC has a bike path from downtown to the head of Estatoe trail.

Brevard is a running-runner friendly town. They are trying to open a greenway on a closed RR from Hendersonville to Brevard over 20 miles.

The greenway goes right by the bottom of the mt. I live on and it's flat!

PR by 1 min for me today at my road marathon (Santa Rosa, CA).   Cooler temps than usual (60s) plus pancakes and a craft beer festival at the finish line. What's not to love?!  Looking forward to getting back on the trails tho.

Watoni, at least one of your pics yesterday was on Hwy 1 between Half Moon Bay and Pescadero, no?  Looks like you were on a bike. Where to you usually run?

Daydreamer, hope you had a nice 13+ .

Dig, fun trails are good trails.

NHLA that greenway would work well for you. Hope it works out.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

I guess everyone was out enjoying the sunny summer weather.

Today (Mon) is a SRD for me. Spent a nice afternoon yesterday driving up along the coast.  Really picturesque and seeing the little fishing villages is cool, we found a nice place to stop and hang out for a while.  (I won't mention the other part of our drive where we stopped to view the nuclear power plant off in the distance.)

We're now watching the weather again, Typhoon Goni is headed our way after its deadly hit on the Philippines.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

some call me Tim

Hey congrats Gatsby, sounds like you had a great day!

I got in 8 farting around on the home trails today, running along all of the little connecting paths and even the spurs of new trail that don't connect yet so that the gps map would show everything. Eventually I settled down and ran a bunch at goal pace. Just a few more runs (oddly, one of them a mile race) and I'm done till race day.

Watoni

After a school Took a new set of shoes out on my short/steep route. I sense now why they said not to run two days in a row with my ankle Wink

Anywho, it was still fun