Trailer Trash

Tic Toc Tuesdaily (Read 22 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got out this am for 7 pretty good miles.  Temps are perfect for running.  I really love the transition from summer into fall - temps dipping at night and then generally nice during the day.

QOTD: Anything physically you are dealing with right now?

Me, I always have ITBS (edit: this should be IBS - I have not have ITBS in a few years and they are just a little different )  that I am dealing with and only seems to be getting worse as I get older.  Otherwise I am feeling pretty good.  Still monitoring these "injuries" in my legs that are not completely gone but mostly I am doing well with it.  I feel overall healthy (knock on wood).

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Morning, trailers!  Yesterday was a wash-- I managed a couple of miles on the treadmill (that was all I could tolerate) and some strength training.

Jamie-- now that the competition has begun to look pretty fierce, do the rest of us have to pick sides?  Team Monkey's ass (her words) or Team Queen?  tough choices here.

qotd:  Nothing, other than lingering stiffness in the ankle I sprained two months ago.  It usually clears up by now.  Perhaps this is a sign of age?  It is improving, albeit not as quickly as I'd like.  However, this is the worst of my complaints so things are pretty good!

XtremeTaper

Good morning, well nearly good afternoon all.

About 6 miles last night on the Green Lane trails. We ran 2 laps of what I call schoolhouse loop. Fairly cool weather. I wore a shirt for maybe the second time this month. Something similar this evening. Maybe a Coventry Woods run.

QOTD: Feel pretty good, a bit of creaky knee syndrome in the left knee but nothing major. It comes and goes. Knock on wood.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

No run so far, just a lot of walking miles.

QOTD: A headache? 

Run for fun.

Daydreamer1

Planning on either a run or bike ride later today. Kind of depends on what DW wants to do. So something between 4.5 to 20 miles either pedaling or running.

QOTD: Just my right ankle. It was good enough that I hadn't been thinking about it, now after my race it's a little stiff and sore.  Other than that I'm feeling really good.

Daydreamer1

QOTD: A headache? 

If I had the morning that you did I think I'd have more than a headache.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I've been feeling funky lately but when I woke up this morning at 7:19 and laying next to my husband all I could think about was Jamie!  I didn't want to run and felt I deserved to chill but damn that Jamie.  So I got a quick little 3 in this morning while Jamie kicked my ass at 7. 

By the way the dogs were an complete pain in the ass this morning.  Sniffing and stopping and sniffing and stopping dueling piss stops etc!    I ran around my neighbors woods and was passing a tree closely and saw something so I turned and looked and it was an outdoor camera.  I think they got a real close up of me.  We have had a bear cruising around so I am sure that is why they installed the camera.  Not because of trespassers.   

QOTD:  I need to lose 5 pounds and I'm old.

Couchie: Stress induced headache!  Have a glass of wine.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NorthernHarrier

Yeah Mr.Jamie, this is the perfect weather period. Sadly, it just goes so fast. Got in 7 on the twisty mtn. bike trails of Cam-Rock this morning. Such a nice place to run that I don't go there enough so I think I'll start putting that into a fall routine of once a week there.

The half marathon on the shores of Lake Superior near Marquette on Saturday was spectacular. One of the prettiest race courses I have ever ran. Good runnable sections, a couple big climbs, and plenty of real technical spots. Perfect blend. I ran hard but alas slow and finished in about 2:40.

QOTD--geriatric runner syndrome. (grs)  It's progressive. 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Probably going to a rest day today: I ran 6 days last week- usually run 4, so going to throw in a couple of rest days this week (did bike commute to work though)

qotd: knock on wood, good to go!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

The half marathon on the shores of Lake Superior near Marquette on Saturday was spectacular. One of the prettiest race courses I have ever ran. Good runnable sections, a couple big climbs, and plenty of real technical spots. Perfect blend. I ran hard but alas slow and finished in about 2:40.

I've had my eye on a few of those half marathons up that way for the past several years. I wanted to do one when we visit relatives in central MI but it never seems to work out. Maybe someday.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me too was hoping this would be the year but a niece just got engaged so that dictates when I go home...unless she waits a whole year. 

I've had my eye on a few of those half marathons up that way for the past several years. I wanted to do one when we visit relatives in central MI but it never seems to work out. Maybe someday.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I've been feeling funky lately but when I woke up this morning at 7:19 and laying next to my husband all I could think about was Jamie! 

This has so much meaning! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NHLA

Rest day. I was so tight I was hard to put sock on.

qotd  hurt my foot running 10k. I can run but it's sore. Should be OK soon.

some call me Tim

Gosh, what a beautiful day! I got out on the road for a change of pace today for 9.5 on a loop I haven't done in a while, did some more earthwork and got the girls off the bus. Marie, you've been on my mind all day. I don't know what I'd do! But so glad to hear they're just knuckleheads who need a dose of perspective.

Not sure who to root for in Queen vs Knave, so just go go go to the both of you!

qotd: 1 angry quad. I really should take a rest day.

DigDug2

6.5 at lunch.  Beautiful weather here.

QOTD:  Not really.  A little rundown lately but just trying to work through it with good clean livin'.