Trailer Trash

This is Thursday (Read 38 times)

LB2

7 good ones yesterday. I'll probably do 5 or so after work. I have a few errands to run.

QOTD: What are your thoughts on workplace Christmas gifts?

I don't really care about workplace gifts. My wife and I focus on getting our girls and our nephews gifts for Christmas. I'll give cards. I do get my town clerk something, usually liquor. I ask this question because yesterday my boss gave me an AARP bag, the free ones they give away for promotions with the AARP logo all over the inside of the bag. The gift bag was a bag that was given away as a promotional item by the architectural firm that designed our new school. Like I said before, I don't need, or even want a work gift, but give me a fuckin' break. How about a $10.00 gift card to REI or Runningwarehouse? Or how about nothing at all? Nothing would have been far better. We all had a good laugh, though.

LB2

runtraildc

Will get in 3 or 4 easy miles later, before the rain starts.  Then yoga, which I need since I skipped last week and am feeling the effects.

qotd:  Nope, not a fan unless it is a Yankee swap or white elephant exchange, where everyone is on equal footing and humor is involved.  And your example, LB2, reminds me of an in-law who regifts his conference freebies all the time.  Mostly with my sons.  I'd rather he just not give anything.  If it's junk and you don't want it, what makes you think we do?

Is this the Tuesdailies?

The pooch and I had another great 5 mile trail run this hazy gray morning. We saw lots of deer and a couple bald eagles.

QOTD: The white elephant swaps with some humorous items can be fun, but otherwise no.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Hopefully it's only Tuesday, or I'm screwed.

Early run in the fog today.  My familiar trail was unrecognizable with all the fog.  Nice eerie feeling that felt more like Halloween than Christmas.

QOTD:  I'm the boss, and I give a small presents with their Christmas bonuses.  Usually an ornament or something small.  I typically get a gift card to the local Irish pub, and I'm totally fine with that.  The doctor who works for me (or at least his wife) seems to give re-gifts.  One year I got a Christmas plate and in very small print on the back it had the previous year marked on it.  DW and I get a good laugh out of it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD:  I'm the boss, and I give a small presents with their Christmas bonuses.  Usually an ornament or something small.  I typically get a gift card to the local Irish pub, and I'm totally fine with that.  The doctor who works for me (or at least his wife) seems to give re-gifts.  One year I got a Christmas plate and in very small print on the back it had the previous year marked on it.  DW and I get a good laugh out of it.

I need to come work for you AT. Christmas bonus!?!. How hard could it be? It's not like it's brain surgery or anything? Right?

LB2

muppy

Got my walking boot off last week and just did a walk/jog for an hour!

QOTD We don't do presents at work, however my company graciously sends us a $15 gift card for a local grocery store and then provides a self-addressed envelope to mail back to them so they can donate it to charity and get credit.

AT-runner

Tim

I need to come work for you AT. Christmas bonus!?!. How hard could it be? It's not like it's brain surgery or anything? Right?

A Christmas bonus is still pretty common around Gettysburg.  Even the larger employers tend to give something.

AT-runner

Tim

Got my walking boot off last week and just did a walk/jog for an hour!

QOTD We don't do presents at work, however my company graciously sends us a $15 gift card for a local grocery store and then provides a self-addressed envelope to mail back to them so they can donate it to charity and get credit.

Good news and good luck.  Slow and steady wins the race recovery.

LB2

A Christmas bonus is still pretty common around Gettysburg.  Even the larger employers tend to give something.

I think it is nice that you do that. It isn't uncommon down this way, either. But, I work for the state. My wife's school system gives a bonus, most years, in May. That is pretty cool.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

SRD for me.  Icing and taking ibuprofen for my stupid foot.

Is LB magical enough to snap his fingers and make Tuesday become Thursday?  Because that would be really cool.

QOTD: I'm glad my workplace doesn't really do gifts.  We do get one of those Visa gift cards every year for Christmas, which is nice. The longer you've worked here, the more money you get.

Running is dumb.

Watoni

It is clearing a bit now so maybe a wet road ride into the redwoods at lunch, watching for lots of needles and branches ....

QOTD:  I give my assistants gifts, but that is really all we do. I try to get the boys to do a homemade card, and I add a bottle of champagne and a nice gift certificate

Damn, I wish it were Thursday here!

SRD today, definitely not counting volleyball as x-training. Though I do get injured in that sport more frequently than while running.

Side note, my blog was featured on UltraRunnerPodcast.com today.  2nd link from the bottom:  http://ultrarunnerpodcast.com/daily-news-tue-dec-16/

QOTD:  They do a "yankee swap" at my job but I don't participate. I'm already in 3 other secret santa type things anyway.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am going to run 5 at lunch.  Need to not run Earl for a few days due to his limping, so sneaking lunch runs.

QOTD:  Hate it!!!  But I am on the "fun" team and they initiated a white elephant gift exchange so have to participate. I hate the whole idea of forced gift giving, especially to someone you don't even know.  I hate the waste!  Especially with adults.

LB2:  You can't go wrong with liquor and wtf on the AARP bag! Oh just read TT had no idea it said Thursday on a Tuesday, me thinks you are consuming your clerks gift.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I hate the whole idea of forced gift giving, especially to someone you don't even know.  I hate the waste!  Especially with adults.

Preach it, sister!  The waste is what gets to me too.  That and I don't more junk.  We all have too much junk.  And I'm not just talking about white elephant gifts, but most gifts.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Even gift cards could be to a place you never go..mu husband received a starbucks and he doesn't drink coffee..  Plus 10% of gift cards get uncashed.  I got on to Mammonth Mt where I use to ski before I moved North...never cashed it and felt bad as my SIL wasted her money....forget the card...just give cash!!! 

Preach it, sister!  The waste is what gets to me too.  That and I don't more junk.  We all have too much junk.  And I'm not just talking about white elephant gifts, but most gifts.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄