Trailer Trash

frigid fridaily (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Just kidding. 30* is not frigid, but by the comments around these parts, you'd think that we're living in the antarcitic. Maybe snow later. Lots of excitement around here.

Holiday lights run last night was fun. We stuck with the fast group so we'd get back to the bar in time to get seats and a beer. And we saw Tom Hanks and his wife, Rita Wilson on the red carpet for a  premier. (The Post). Just missed seeing Meryl Streep, which I'm bummed about. I'd share pictures, but I cannot seem to get them to work today. I also won a bottle of anti-stink laundry soap in the run raffle. Overall, a good night.

qotd: Maybe we've asked this in the past, but it's been awhile. Most famous person you've seen? Or would like to see? For me, Tom Hanks was pretty far up there. I'm not usually a big fan of any celebrity, but I think his reputation as a good human, as well as an actor, puts him there for me. I also saw Bono from U2 close up leaving a concert.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  I ran 5 miles on Wednesday night.  Walked last night.  Not sure about today.  Maybe nothing.  We're heading to the climbing gym tomorrow morning.

QOTD: Ummmm.  I have a couple of sports related ones, I guess.  I was friends with the daughter of Brad Childress (NFL coach) for a while in middle school.  I played basketball with Darrel Bevell in my front yard as a kid (NFL coach.)  I'm related to Rick Majerus (college basketball coach, RIP.)  That's about it.  I've never seen a high profile celeb out in the wild.

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

I'll do 2 mi after work again tonight.  I think we'll have cold rain so it should be 'fun'.

qotd: We met President Bush (the father) at Gallery Furniture in Houston years ago.  He shook our son's hand.  It was right about this time of year, rumor had it that he was there buying two recliners that he was having delivered to an elderly care center as a Holiday donation.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I failed to get up this morning and run but I will run later.

QOTD: Not sure if this counts but years ago when I lived outside Philly, I went to a Sixers game (basketball) with friends during Allen Iverson's rookie year.  We were driving into the complex when this person in a nice Jag pulls over to get into the turning lane in front of us.  We kindly let her in.  We somehow connected with the lady in the Jag once we were parked and entering the arena.  It was Iverson's mother! So we chatted for a bit and what not.  She offered for us to meet her son after the game and gave instructions to wait somewhere (possible the same place we were talking to her).  So after the game, we waited...and waited...and waited... Nothing.  But we got to meet Iverson's mom so that counts for something.

Otherwise I don't think I have met anyone famous.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

No run today. Woke up with bad cough and all congested and head feels like it wants to explode.  Run tomorrow am, and hopefully clear me up a bit.

Being sick reminds me - where's Gatsby?  last we heard from her, she had pneumonia.

QOTD:  Met the Queen last year in Utah. Queen of Nothing, that is, does that count .  After that, Jack Nicklaus (golfer) is my favorite celebrity meet.  Met him at Congressional Country Club in DC before the 1997 US open.  My Dad was with me and he was a huge Nicklaus fan. He was very nice to talk with and down to earth.  My dad died a few years later, so it's always a nice memory.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

We had a nice 5 miles out at the lake late yesterday afternoon. Wintery cold, brisk but not freezing. Maybe high 20's? Still shorts weather. The light snow from overnight was still on the trail for the most part and it felt like a December day should feel. Half way into the loop ran into a trail running friend of mine, so he joined me and the Lady for the rest of the run down to the sweet section of single track along the lake. We ran into another trail runner down there who of course stopped to pet the Lady. We all commented on what a great afternoon it was for a run on the trails. Cold, snow, little to no wind. Perfect.

Today. Had knee drained (again) and synvisc injection. So no run today, tomorrow, the next day and the next day and the day after that. Will try to be good and take 2 weeks off. So next run will be when I'm down in GA. Can pickup cross training stuff next week the doc says. So last night's run was a good one.

QOTD: Well I didn't meet them personally, but the first year I ran Boston we had dinner at this Italian place called Pappa Razi. Great food, anyways, sitting 2 tables away were Derek Jeter and then A-Rod came in just as the food arrived. It was sort of funny watching the scene. Jeter was flirting with the attractive hostess, claiming to be looking for a good club, and A-Rod was telling autograph seekers to take a hike. We were close enough to hear bits of the conversation.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Today. Had knee drained (again) and synvisc injection. So no run today, tomorrow, the next day and the next day and the day after that. Will try to be good and take 2 weeks off. So next run will be when I'm down in GA. Can pickup cross training stuff next week the doc says. So last night's run was a good one.

Good luck!

Did they set you up for 3 injections, or are they doing the 1 and done?

Hope it helps and gets you running again.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

GC100k

Ran on the inside track today for 3rd day in a row. I'm a wimp about cold.

QOTD: Flew with Bruce Springsteen and band in 1978. They flew coach. I sat next to a band member and Bruce was behind us. He was quiet but politely signed autographs and stuff. Stevie Van Zandt never shut up the whole flight. Clarence wasn't on the flight but met them at the airport wearing a yellow three-piece suit with no shirt.

Ran into Larry Bird on a sidewalk in Boston in 1991. We exchanged a "hey".

XtremeTaper

Good luck!

Did they set you up for 3 injections, or are they doing the 1 and done?

Hope it helps and gets you running again.

AT - SynviscOne, single injection. I'd sure like to get back to more normal running.

GC100K - not really cold yet. It hasn't dropped to the single digits yet!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

3.5 more wintery miles yesterday evening with Tiny E- another fresh inch of snow added to about 4-5”, temps right at 20

this evening undetermined as of yet- 3 or 4 miles or the gym for strength training

qotd: I’ve briefly (very briefly) met Jeff Bridges and Michael Keaton- different times, different places- both have residences here in Montana. Jeff Bridges frequents Chico Hot Springs frequently, as do we. They have a bumper sticker that says “Chico Abides” 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Yesterday started out really windy and I just didn't want to face that for a run so I was going to hit the elliptical then walk some on the treadmill. Around 3:00 I looked outside and saw that the wind had died down. Decided on a 5 mile jaunt that turned into 6 miles then by the time I was done I got in 7.22 miles . I like when things go that way.  Quads are tired and sore though today. Damn I deteriorated fast when I take a layoff.  At my one part time job today so if I get out on time it will be an elliptical session most likely with some weight lifting.

QOTD: I did a standby for Bush 43 during his reelection campaign. Saw him from a distance but not close enough to talk or shake hands. Had Marine one not been able to fly him to the airport (the weather was closing in) we would have been the first vehicle behind the limo in the motorcade.  Other then that I've met no big shots.

My dad was always meeting people it seemed. Presidents, congressman, CEOs.  He was actually on a first name basis with the founder, President and CEO of Weis Markets. We used to haul a lot of local produce into their warehouse and somehow he got to know all three.  It was like that with several other companies where he went to. Never could figure out how he did it.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am...  but I did mop the floor.  Office Christmas Party at my house tonight  will probably be hung over tomorrow. 

Starting Sunday I am going to be a super healthy and active human ...I swear!!!

QOTD:  Mike Ness from Social Distortion came to my house once.  I saw Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chile Peppers at a swap meet.  I'd like to meet Oprah, I'd like to be her dog sitter.

XT:  Good luck not running...and on the knee.  You gotta do what you gotta do.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄