Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 33 times)

The woods are becoming more bare, but there was still some color for our 5 mile trail run.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

Still resting, but I figure I already have over 100 miles in for November and its only the 5th day. i think I'll be okay. I did develop Celluliltis in my right shin and started antibiotics on Monday. I am doing better by the minute and really feel like running. Other than that issue, I would already be running. I know I am itching to run, and that is a good sign.

QOTD: Have you started looking at your 2015 races yet?

Yes. I am thinking of doing Pinhoti again. I really liked it a lot.

LB2

Gator eye

Did six with the mutt this morning, pretty uneventful.

QOTD: there is one the first weekend of January I am thinking about besides that no

NorthernHarrier

This is a rest day for me. Have done some core work and flexibility stuff while sipping the java and I'll do some weights and elliptical tonight probably while sipping some ale. I also sip a lot of diet Mt. Dew during the day. Jeesh, no wonder I'm always peeing.  Tempo/pace work on tap at sunrise tomorrow. I like those workouts.

QOTD--Well, not much of a racer these days but I am putting together schedule of snowshoe races I'll be doing in Jan/Feb. Otherwise there is this mtn. bike, trail run triathlon near my shack I have been doing which is fun.  There was talk the other day of Moose Mt. marathon and that just could happen which would be cool.  While I am currently entered in an event in Montana for summer I am now looking at a very challenging mountain 50k with generous cutoffs the week before. That is a real possibility if I can drop a few pounds. My last hurrah I'm thinking. Who knows?!

Even not being much of a racer these days it is still fun looking at the event calendars.

Morning, all. I'll go out for about an hour after work.  I went to the trail film fest last night and it was fantastic, very inspiring. Especially for us east coasters who don't get out West very much. Rainshadow Running put it on, and they definitely did a great job of promoting their own races. I'd always wanted to run the Gorge 50k/100k and now I want to do it even more.

QOTD: Yes, I'm signed up for Hyner 50k and I'm planning to sign up for Laurel Highlands 70.5 when it opens.

AT-runner

Tim

URD for me.  Going to a funeral for a long time patient today over lunch.

QOTD:  Planning a few running adventures, as I don;t race as much as I used to.  R2R2R in the works for April, and will lilely do the Sole Challenge 24hr in May.   Looking for a race somewhere in the PNW when I can go see my kids and run.  John's 200 mile race looks like fun.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

moonlightrunner

Are you considering the Yankee Springs Winter Challenge? I just signed up for the 50k.

Did six with the mutt this morning, pretty uneventful.

QOTD: there is one the first weekend of January I am thinking about besides that no

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Occasional Runner

Did an awesome 6 mile tempo run this run and really pushed the pace. Then I hit the gym for a while for a much needed core workout. When I got back home, I decided to skip going into work, grabbed the dog and went into the mountains for another 10. It was an awesome morning.

QOTD: I already have the majority of my race schedule planned out and I'm registered for a ton of great races. 2015 is going to be pretty great.

dpc3

12 mile ride with 1000 ft ascent

QOTD: Heading to the Dr.'s today and hopefully given a timeline as to when I can run again. Once I know that Races will be penciled in for 2015.

Gator eye

Are you considering the Yankee Springs Winter Challenge? I just signed up for the 50k.

Sure is. I'm planning on signing up the day of because if there is a large amount of snow and cold as last year I might not go. I finished last year but swear I was 5 minutes from freezing to death. After the finish I spent ten miserable minutes trying to remove my shoes off my extremely cold and cramping feet so I could go into the warm cabin. (No spiked shoes allowed in the cabin)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Heading out for some relaxing miles in the fall forest. Nice and warm, a "shorts and T" kind of day - still. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts, before the 7 or so months of winter begin.

QOTD: I was just about to start a "2015 100-milers" thread, anyone participating?

I'm thinking of signing up for Massanutten 100 (lottery), and some other 100-miler. Maybe ES100 again, for redemption (attempting a sub-30hr finish time), or a similarly tough course. Tussey Mountainback 50 just for the fun of it (trying for sub-9hrs), and to taste the new course (I've run all legs of the new course, but never all together in one run).

LB2: I am eying at the Pinhoti... 

Run for fun.

Watoni

UID (unscheduled injury day) -- In a freak accident, my 9 year-old -- the same one who freestyle skis and has soccer footwork I never had -- tripped when he was walking behind me into the polling station yesterday. He managed to slam right into my sore ankle, it twisted, my Achilles yanked, and I ended up in a pile on the floor. I think my recovery horizon is a bit longer now ....

QOTD: Well, setting aside this latest setback Wink A lot will depend on my mom's health, but I have started fantasizing about 2015 being a year of great trail racing.

Thoughts thus far:

2/7/2015 Sean O'Brien 100km -- lots of elevation gain (about 14,000 feet), not too far to travel

March/April is interesting -- I have really thought about doing Transgrancanaria in early March -- I would need to be in killer shape by SOB for that.

Otherwise I would really like to do the Zion 100 in April.

After that I need some races -- not doing WS, Lavaredo is sold out -- a nice June or July 100-miler would be nice

The Bear hopefully in the fall

Gator eye

The 50k might be what I decided to do too

• Are you considering the Yankee Springs Winter Challenge? I just signed up for the 50k.

XtremeTaper

Took a half day for some personal stuff this morning and that included a nice run with LadyB out on the trails of Coventry Woods. We did my twisty turny out/back up and down the hillside for a total of 9 miles. Felt good. Mild and pleasant and peaceful out on the trail today. I seem to be running well and with ease right now. Also stopped by the LRS to see if my new pair of LonePeak trail shoes had arrived but they are still on back order. Probably could find them online but I like to support my LRS. Picked up a pair of Altra Torins (road shoes) to throw into the mix. Do you notice a theme here? My personal stuff revolves mostly around running.

QOTD: We will to see how things go with the WS lottery. If I strike out again, probably Laurel Highlands Ultra in June or maybe man up and throw my name in for Massanutten again. I like to run long that time of year (May/June). I think we are volunteering at Massanutten again though. Heck, that's more fun the running the damn thing. LOL.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

moonlightrunner

The 50k might be what I decided to do too

I am excited about the race. I went out last weekend to run the course. Pretty sure I missed some of it...my sense of direction and map reading skills suck. I will go back again before the race...after gun season though. Hoping for some snow...but not tooooo much!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k