Trailer Trash

Priorities (Read 48 times)

Watoni

As I started to mention in another thread, work pretty much nixed Zion for me, but I was hoping to do a shorter distance, pace, etc.

In the midst of all my personal disappointment, we got word my youngest (just turned 9) can compete in CO in slopestyle nationals. We have no expectations other than this will hopefully be fun and inspiring for him. He is a bit nervous but he was the one who wanted to compete and qualify for this.

Anyway, we leave tomorrow am (work cooperated so I can make it too), and his coach put together this little edit for us since I did not get to see him ski often this winter. If you skip through start about 1:30 or 1:40 in just before they get to the park.

Pretty soon he will run faster than me, too

Liams Edit-HD 720p.mov

AT-runner

Tim

Personal sacrifices are nothing when you do them for your kids.  Have a great time and tell him to relax and just have fun.  Nice vid.

I still remember the first time my son did a back flip on his snowboard, I nearly crapped my pants.  Then he proceeded to learn one on his BMX bike, roller blades, etc.  Nothing like having a little daredevil. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Personal sacrifices are nothing when you do them for your kids.  Have a great time and tell him to relax and just have fun.  Nice vid.

I still remember the first time my son did a back flip on his snowboard, I nearly crapped my pants.  Then he proceeded to learn one on his BMX bike, roller blades, etc.  Nothing like having a little daredevil. 

Thank you! I am not sacrificing, as you say. It actually was something that lifted me up after my own disappointment (I was not running the 100 anyway).

The camps they have now to teach kids to do this kind of stuff is unreal. Copper Mountain in CO and Boreal in Tahoe have indor facilities with trampolines, skis and boards with wheels you can jump into foam pits, etc. I think that is the next step for him if he wants to pursue this.

Hey, my bride is fine with all this so who am I to be worried Smile

AT-runner

Tim

The camps they have now to teach kids to do this kind of stuff is unreal. Copper Mountain in CO and Boreal in Tahoe have indor facilities with trampolines, skis and boards with wheels you can jump into foam pits, etc. I think that is the next step for him if he wants to pursue this. 

Yea, I sent a ton of money to BMX camps when my son was younger.  Most of the really cool tricks he learned was from doing it in a foam pit or with a trampoline belt.  Best thing about those camps was the safety factor.  After a few years, he was getting free tuition so he could help out at camp (boy was that nice).  Save up.  Enjoy your trip.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Good Luck to Liam in CO!  Just wait until he wants to go to one of those boarding/training ski high schools.

LB2

He looks very comfortable on the skis. I hope he does very well. I am sure he will.

LB2

Wow that was fun to watch! Hope he does well this weekend.

I always wished I had started snowboarding when I was younger so I could be fearless and do some of those fun tricks. Now I'm just too scared of injuring myself  

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

That's a great video, Watoni!  I hope your little guy has fun and does well Smile

Running is dumb.

Sandy-2

Very cool video.  I thought the coach was gong to crash into a few trees a couple of times.

Good luck to your son this weekend !!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Chnaiur

Thanks for sharing! I showed this to my kids (3 & 5) before school, and they loved it! Thinking of putting the older one in Squaw ski team next year because he loves skiing so much. My youngest wants to live in Tahoe and ski every day...

Good luck to Liam in CO!

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Watoni

Thanks all. Just landed in CO. Success would be for him to have fun and ski within himself. He just turned 9 and is definitely one of the smaller kids (he is about 40 lbs). Having a growth delay makes it tough for him to compete with kids his age power wise, but he still does well in skiing, soccer, running, etc. Of course, he is still better in all sports than I was at his age

Great video! Good luck to Liam.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog