Trailer Trash

What Time Zone Is It Mondaily (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Feeling pretty messed up after a quick trip to Oregon and back.  Some reason the time change on the way home messes me up more than the way out.

Had some great runs and some hikes. Drank way too much craft beer and all in all a nice visit with my oldest 2 kids.  DW gets to go out in a few months for her trip since we decided to split them up this year so kids feel like they see us more.

Dog Mountain - Washington state looking at Columbia River and Oregon

Just a little hill.

Nice view from the top.

Kids and I at Haystacks Rock

Chinatown - Downtown Portland - the city loves a good double entendre.

QOTD:  Monthly mileage for April ?  I'm at 238, which is right where I hoped I'd be.  Big week coming up and then slowly taper.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Fun trip AT... can't go wrong with beers, trail, and family!

Rest day here, but no too beat up after yesterday's 50k IronMasterChallenge. I had a good run out there, a lot of fun too, felt solid to the finish but I did not race very hard, just the last 5k perhaps. I finished in 7:13, pretty close to my 7 hour guess. Slowest 50k ever for me but I figured it would be. The course has a little bit of everything that I associate with PA trails... steep straight up climbs, crazy rock/bouldering on a ridgeline, sweeping views now and then, running along and through creeks and rhododendron thickets, and quite a bit of fun/fast single track trail.

QOTD: 261

In dog beers, I've only had one.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Beautiful pictures, AT!  My brother is living out in Portland now, so I really need to go visit.

QOTD: 13 miles running; 266 miles biking.

Running is dumb.

muppy

Awesome pictures AT!

Nice job at Ironmasters Xtreme!

5.3 fun trail miles yesterday.

QOTD  probably around 50 miles running. I'm trying to slowly come back with my injured foot and working seven days a week doesn't help much either.  On the bright side I probably have about 50 miles pushing wheelbarrels and landscaping!

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Portland rocks! 

My legs are a bit sore from back to back 11- ish mile, 3000' gain runs- going with fast guys on day 2 might have been an error.

Giving the legs a rest today, will strength train this evening

qotd: 130-ish running, 50-ish hiking/snowshoeing- I can say with certainty that the miles snowshoeing were my toughest miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Got in just under 8 miles in rock creek. Amazing the difference in the woods is in the past two weeks. Full blown summer foliage and plants with spring ephemerals dying back.  It was quiet too, unusual for a nicer day.

AT- nice pics

XT- congrats on the 50k

MM & Muppy- congrats on the miles (and best wishes for continued recovery)

qotd: 93 since I didn't run yesterday. It was a strange month, mileage-wise and with spring break and family visits.

AT-runner

Tim

. I finished in 7:13, pretty close to my 7 hour guess. Slowest 50k ever for me but I figured it would be. The course has a little bit of everything that I associate with PA trails... steep straight up climbs, crazy rock/bouldering on a ridgeline, sweeping views now and then, running along and through creeks and rhododendron thickets, and quite a bit of fun/fast single track trail.

I broke 7:20 one time and was thrilled. It's not a PR course. How hot did it get?

The Mountain Creek section is one of my go-to summer trail runs, so I can splash off in the creek on a steamy day.

NorthernHarrier

Back from a little travel myself with a week or so in Utah at Escalante, Zion, and visiting my daughter in the SLC metro area. Managed to knock out a 21 mile epic run in Zion which was a definite 5 star run. Wildcat canyon and the West rim trail down, only saw a few backpackers in the high country and no other peeps until the hordes of folks around Angels Landing. Great run. Lots of long day hikes including in the front range of the Wasatch and some other running though my legs just could never get going again after that long one.

Despite how well my running has been going I am thinking of dropping from the Beaverhead. I just have no enthusiasm for any racing and it screws up my epic run plans. I still have a couple weeks to decide and still get almost a full refund. Something to mull.

QOTD-173

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 5 this morning...summer is here!!! My view spots are gone...trees are filled in.  Going to thne city for work... first thing I packed was my running clothes.  Priorities.

Qotd:118 best month of the year so far.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Easy 4.25 this morning.

QOTD: I was planning on 120, but I ended up with 130. So, I can't complain. I will bump it up in May to around 140 to 150.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I broke 7:20 one time and was thrilled. It's not a PR course. How hot did it get?

The Mountain Creek section is one of my go-to summer trail runs, so I can splash off in the creek on a steamy day.

Hey AT, it wasn't too bad. I think 75-78 at tops sometime mid-day after CP2 at Brickyard/brickhouse whatever that aid station was called. I ditched my shirt there but was comfortable most of the day. Ironically the first few miles seemed the worst with the humidity and warming up getting into the flow of things.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Hey AT, it wasn't too bad. I think 75-78 at tops sometime mid-day after CP2 at Brickyard/brickhouse whatever that aid station was called. I ditched my shirt there but was comfortable most of the day. Ironically the first few miles seemed the worst with the humidity and warming up getting into the flow of things.

Someone said there was a Sasquatch sighting. 

Blueberry Hill and the climb to Hammond Rocks is where Id id my R2R2R training.  I took Jamie down Blueberry, and it's almost as bad going down that steep section.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NH- the saving grace of the Beaverhead is that it is  an epic run (just one that hurts a lot )

Mike

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Gator eye

Rest day

QOTD: 280

NorthernHarrier

NH- the saving grace of the Beaverhead is that it is  an epic run (just one that hurts a lot )

Mike

Very true, on both counts!  I'll be mulling it over.  Plan on running the Alice-Toxaway loop in the Sawtooths the Monday before Beaverhead and that will be a pretty tough 19 miler, not sure if that's a good taper for Beaverhead.   Then backpacking across the road in the White Cloud mountains the rest of the week so if I do Beaverhead it will be a real ugly sufferfest I think.  Oh yeah, also doing the Pawnee-Buchanan loop in the Indian Peaks (26mi) on Thursday Jun 29th a few days before the Sawtooth run. Not sure if my legs are up for everything so if something has to be cut it will be Beaverhead. BTW--want to join me for either of those epic runs? Have campsites already reserved. 

Manged a soggy 10.5 today and luckily got it in between all the rain showers then dropped almost $600 at the doggie camp when I picked up the girls. Ouch!