Trailer Trash

Mad monday (Read 24 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I did not run Saturday or Sunday.  Just sucked for running this weekend.  No time Saturday, yesterday wasn't feeling well.  Oh and it's been raining for like ......ever.  Still raining.  But that's not why I am mad.  I was supposed to see the ortho today for an apt I have been waiting weeks for.  They called me today to reschedule because the doc is "in surgery".  Assuming that means is performing a surgery not the patient.  I know it happens but still.  Arghhh!!!!!!! 

Anyways, how are you doing?

QOTD: What gets your blood boiling?

Have a great Monday!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out for a short run on some trails near Leadville. Awesome hike to Timberline Lake yesterday. Too many loose rocks to run it and DD#1 wanted to hike. Last mile went up over 800' and then we turned a corner to a beautifully alpine lake.

Heading to Mt Evans later and then drop off our daughter at a friend's house in Denver. It's been great seeing her.

Happy birthday, Queen. I hope you have a great day.

QOTD :  I don't get steamed much, but I really don't like slow service at a restaurant. I usually let the server know I'm not happy, but not in an angry way.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Plan today is planet of fitness routine at lunch and some splashing about on the trails after work.

I had a pair of 7 mile runs this weekend, fairly slow, very cool temperatures. Cool enough to take the Lady out again. She seems fine with the cooler temps. The 7 yesterday was at the Birdsboro watershed trails and I had not been there since June I suppose. Looked like they had lowered the water levels of one of the reservoirs substantially. I guess on purpose maybe to alleviate flooding later as with all the rain I'd expect it to be full or overflowing? The trail I ran yesterday a short section of trail built over a creek had completely washed out and disappeared. Other small creeks you could see piles of rocks and dirt that had washed down the hill sides during flooding this summer. So much rain this year.

QOTD: Litterbugs.

Dr Jamie - Oh, man that suck about the appointment. Hope they put you at the top of the list.

AT - Isn't Mt. Evans the 14k'r you can drive up nearly to the top? Slacker.  Tongue

Queenie - Happy Birthday!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

First Monday after Labor Day so the LRS Monday evening walking group is over for the year. I'm hoping some of the diehard walkers will still show up, but if not I'll slowly run the course trailing way behind all the rest of the runners.

qotd: Not too much will get me steamed now, but idiocy in the work place is one of the reasons I finally retired as corporate policy changes made it more and more difficult for employees to provide great customer service.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

runtraildc

Hi all. Bailed on the HM yesterday. My carpool and I had a very brief conversation at 5 am and we decided the rain wind and subsequent misery (aka chafing) was not worth it.. He's much more hardcore than me and I took it as a sign that even he did not want to run. It rained all day. It wasn't a potential PR, or a goal race. And really, I wasn't well trained for it even. So I did a late day loop around the neighborhood to get in my daily run. Today is a gym day, but it's also the start of swim practice again so I might run during that instead, and check out the creeks.

qotd: Everything, if you ask my kids. My recent top pet peeve that gets me venting in the car are the people that back into a parking spot.. Fine, if you're the only one there, but when you're holding everyone while you make you're 10 point turn in your giant SUV.... grrr. damn snowflakes.

LB2

Slacked off last week due to a cut on my foot and a bruised knee. All is good now. I did run 8 miles on Saturday AM; I cut grass and did yard work Sunday. Today, I decided to try to get back on my 3 day weekday run and 2 day weekend run schedule. Monday is a rest day.

QOTD: I don't get too upset very often. But if I do get annoyed, it is normally when people blow things out of proportion, which seems to happen a lot now. People seem very quick to say someone needs to resign (and never be allowed to work in any field whatsoever again) or be arrested over the slightest thing that happens, regardless of the facts. The extreme rhetoric out there right now is just insane. A good example is the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. Listening to some, you would think this guy is a Nazi war criminal. I have literally heard things like, "If he is confirmed, people will die!!" Anyway, I try to avoid the nonsense by reading, listening to music, and running.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

probably strength training this evening; also getting gear together for CO

qotd: getting behind the wheel usually does it for me 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Today's a SRD.

NH and AT, so jealous that you both are in places that I'd rather be right now.  Sorry to hear that the pizza place in Leadville was closed/crazy, but I guess it's the best one for miles around. Enjoy Bear Creek and Mt. Evans, respectively. AT, nice to hear about your visit with your DD.

Sorry Dr J, but I went to my Ortho guy this morning just to make sure my knee wasn't something serious.  I would have canceled the appointment because it feels fine now, but my DW made me go.  After an x-ray and a bit of poking and prodding the Dr said I have a touch of lingering tendentious and that I've been doing the right stuff to get it better and that I'm good to go run 100 miles if I want to. He also said my knee x-ray looked really good (good spacing) and that obviously all my running over the years hasn't been bad for me.

qotd: nothing really gets my blood boiling these days.  But I will say that dumb drivers do drive me crazy but not to road rage levels.

tbd.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning all,

Did the HM yesterday.  Very pleased with the results...1:36:33, which is a new PR for me by at least 5 minutes (I haven't gone back and looked at my old races).  Last year was a 1:45:XX.  I cramped really bad at the almost 7 mile point (and thought maybe my appendix had burst), which looking back I blame on eating a GU gel with no H20.  It only lasted a minute and I got right back on pace.  Very pleased indeed!

QOTD: People with a "me first" attitude...driving, line cutting, etc.  There's a lot of that where I live.

**Ask me about streaking**

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Wowzers! Nice job.  Keep that up and you might just qualify for Boston.

Morning all,

Did the HM yesterday.  Very pleased with the results...1:36:33, which is a new PR for me by at least 5 minutes (I haven't gone back and looked at my old races).  Last year was a 1:45:XX.  I cramped really bad at the almost 7 mile point (and thought maybe my appendix had burst), which looking back I blame on eating a GU gel with no H20.  It only lasted a minute and I got right back on pace.  Very pleased indeed!

QOTD: People with a "me first" attitude...driving, line cutting, etc.  There's a lot of that where I live.

DC - sucky weather indeed to run in assuming you had/have the same as PA.  DW's co-worker ran our local HM yesterday.  I am anxious to hear how she finished.  She is super speedy and running Boston in 2019.  DW asked me yesterday how this weather would affect running.  I said it all depends on which way the rain is coming down.  Smacking in the face then maybe not fun.  Light rain or any other direction, probably no affects from it.  The temps were prefect running weather though.

Happy Birthday to the Queen! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

jameszilla- congrats on your pr!

queen- happy birthday!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Plan was to wake up and run 12 but didn't....maybe tomorrow...crap!

QOTD:  Politics and people who like to YELL about politics.  For awhile my father was watching politics and wanting to "discuss"  them.  You was fanatical about them...kinda like a bible thumper.  I would try not to make eye contact with him.  When Palin didn't run it broke his heart and all faith so now he quietly watches the news and feels no need to "discuss" with people who don't care, aka me.  Years later and now the DH is in this mode...  now I have to hear it everyday from him.

runtrailDC:  Remember SueM...she lives somewhere around the bay and posted pictures of the water....stormed looked pretty strong.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Dr Jamie - Hope you can get rescheduled soon.  Frustrating, indeed!t

AT - Glad you're having fun out there... you picked a good week to head out of town.

runtrail - Sorry the weather turned like that, but yeah, I'd probably bail too under those circumstances.

jamezilla - Great job and congrats on that half!!  What's your goal for NYC (if you have one)?

Sue - Happy Birthday!  So you're a Virgo, eh?  ....I'll just leave it at that.

I've been MIA over the weekend because I've been feeling deathly sick (figuratively).  This time of year or when weather drastically changes, I get hit with BPPV (that calcium build-up in the inner ear thingy that makes you feel dizzy and want to throw up all the time.... fun!).  So no running.  Feeling better today thankfully, so might go out and battle the torrential rain for a few miles.  More fun!

QOTD:  I try not to let things make my blood boil, but when I encounter that "me first" attitude that jamezilla mentioned, then I do feel the blood pressure rise a bit.  I just need to keep myself calm, since I do carry a rather large knife under my seat.  Don't judge, it's for lawn work. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy Birthday, Queenie!!!

Running is dumb.

Gator eye

Yeah it’s the Queens birthday! I think I’ll celebrate with a few cold beers!!!

What? Its the best reason I could come up with for drinking beer on a shitty Monday

rest day.

QOTD: rude people and this stupid iphone Im trying to type on