Trailer Trash

Zion 100 RR and Pics (Read 65 times)

Occasional Runner

Gotta have more cow bell!  Congrats on being vindicated.  As always I enjoyed the race report.  I'm curious...do you write the report while you run, make mental notes, or just go by recollection?

I got that same question during the race. I make mental notes while I'm out there and I sometimes draft sentences in my head while I go. But if I don't get to the report right away, details fade quickly. Even now, when I go back to older race reports, I realize how much detail I had forgot. I started my blog so I could have a decent record of my races. I never even intended to share it with anybody.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Thank you for sharing this and all of your races with us.  The time you spend on these reports doesn't go unnoticed.  It's fun to see your side of these events.  Great job making Zion yours this year.  Do you think your change in race scheduling helped? Your change in living location and running in the Wasatch? A more determined approach? All of the above?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

Well done, Kelly. Well done, indeed. Congratulations.

LB2

Sandy-2

Great race and report.  I liked the part about the cow bells.  Had a similar thing happen at Pinhoti, I thought I heard people talking and yelling up ahead and hoped it was the finish line up in the distance, turned out it was feeding time for a bunch of hungry cows.  The finish line was still a ways off.  Made me laugh at myself.

BTW, I know I don't have to tell you, but, unless the aid station person is wearing a belt buckle or wearing a warn-out race shirt from a previous year, I don't trust the info 100%.  It is totally great that they are helping out, but sometimes they don't know where they are in the course (mileage-wise) and they don't know how far it is to the next aid station.  Sounds like the person was right on in telling you how to get to the start/finish, but not necessarily how to get there following the race trail.

Congrats on a great run.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Paiged79

Great race report as always Lace!  Glad you were able to get payback for last year.  I wouldn't mind running Zion in the future, looks beautiful but very difficult.