Trailer Trash

Thursdailies (Read 15 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

It's Thursday!  Slowly inching our way to the weekend.

I ran 4 miles last night.  I feel so out of shape.  Trying not to have any setbacks is really hard.

QOTD: If you could wave a magic wand over your body and have it be 100% like new (cure any chronic aches and pains, cure diseases, cure cancer, cure toothaches/cavities, fix any weird issues like bunions, etc.) -- would you chose to use it now, or save it for later in life?  You only get one use of the magic wand and it must be used on yourself.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Warm, I mean hot here today and yesterday. About 90 again is the forecast. It happens.

Plan is for 10-12 miles tonight at French Creek. I am planning a run into sunset and then darkness for a bit of night running practice. At least that is the plan. 8 last night at Green Lane. Still mucky out there in places from last weekend's rain. Sort of funny, Saturday I ran out there layered up in 48 degrees and rain and last night shirtless in 88 degrees with high humidity. Sort of slogged the last few miles, but ran into some friends the final mile. Hadn't seen them out there in ages.

QOTD: I have some knee niggles now but I am keeping that wand for something more severe.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

heavy rain kiboshed my run last night; did meet with a couple of guys who are also doing the Bob Open going over possible routes, bail options, etc

we just got a big storm that dropped 2'+ of snow in parts of the Bob, being just a week out it doesn't paint a rosy picture. in addition to the more than plentiful snow pack, high flows are going to be a significant obstacle as well

going to try and get 5-ish this evening

qotd: I'm definitely saving that wand for down the road 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Yesterday's run ended up being a little longer than planned even though it was hot, hot, hot.  If I remember right it was only a short week or so ago that I was complaining that cold was making it miserable to run, now it's miserable from the heat. Just can't please some people I guess .  Not sure what today will bring. AT this point I'm thinking about going up on the mountain this evening and running into the dark.  If that occurs it will be about 10-11 miles. If I stay close to home it will be 6-7.

QOTD: On one hand it would be nice to have a stomach of iron and strong stable ankles. That would allow me to run long and strong now when I'm young enough to do so. (I'm assuming that the wand only cures the illness, aches and pains, and doesn't push back old age).  At the same time I can deal with my issues now and can foresee the possibility of  more severe problems that could limit my activity later in life.  I think I'll be in the camp of saving it up for later. Never know when that stroke, badly broken bone, cancer or other issue may jump up at you.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Did I just read 2FEET of snow, from MT? 90 plus here in NY. I ran first thing

this morning, 4ish and it was already hot. The bugs are back, and they are

hungry!!

QOTD: I have psoriasis that I might use that wand on. It doesn't hurt or really

bother me, but it's been a source of embarrassment for 20 years.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 7 miles at easy pace on a logging road. Right hip still sore when I sit but didn't feel too bad while running. Probably some iliopsoas tendonitis since it bothers me more when sitting. I was hoping to get to the race feeling 100%, but not planning on letting this slow me down.

90° when I finished.  Pool is 62° and yes, I jumped in. Nice way to wake you up.  

QOTD:  The hip will heal (I've had it before, but it's been a while) so I'll use the wand on my right shoulder.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this morning or last night but I did walk the dogs.  I am also getting out of shape and fat! (she says while eating a poppy seed muffin)  Brought stuff for a noonish run and have boot camp at gym tonight.

QOTD:  First thought was yes I would use it to get rid of my tendonitis in my heel but since probably a month running break my cure it I will save my wand for something a bit more scary.  What was your answer Mandy?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Man, I'm using the wand now.  Maybe I just have more issues than you people.  LOL.  I'd love to "start over" with a brand new body with no problems at mid life!  I could get hit by a bus tomorrow; I don't know if I'll get cancer in 20 years.  I'd rather have some guaranteed awesome years now.

Jon - I have psoriasis on the back of my scalp.  No one can see it, but it's really annoying.

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Isn't it a shame that something we have no control over embarrasses us. 

QOTD: I have psoriasis that I might use that wand on. It doesn't hurt or really

bother me, but it's been a source of embarrassment for 20 years.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Spoken like a youngin! 

Man, I'm using the wand now.  Maybe I just have more issues than you people.  LOL.  I'd love to "start over" with a brand new body with no problems at mid life!  I could get hit by a bus tomorrow; I don't know if I'll get cancer in 20 years.  I'd rather have some guaranteed awesome years now.

Gator eye

Got out for 10 this am and because this is my friday, tomorrow I'm going to start out in the dark and run into the sun rise. I really need to practice my day light running.  It's been a long winter.

QOTD: I'm putting the wand away for future use.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Spoken like a youngin! 

I'm tired of having so many issues!

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Mandy - That's a good one... claiming you are at mid-life already!

XtremeTaper

Ran 7 miles at easy pace on a logging road. Right hip still sore when I sit but didn't feel too bad while running. Probably some iliopsoas tendonitis since it bothers me more when sitting. I was hoping to get to the race feeling 100%, but not planning on letting this slow me down.

90° when I finished.  Pool is 62° and yes, I jumped in. Nice way to wake you up.  

QOTD:  The hip will heal (I've had it before, but it's been a while) so I'll use the wand on my right shoulder.

AT - Instant ice bath! That's about the temp of my pool right now too. If I ran from the house today I'd jump in it too. After the shock, it must have felt awesome. Not sure of the temp at Fuller Lake a few weeks ago but I took the plunge after the Ironmasters.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Isn't it a shame that something we have no control over embarrasses us. 

Indeed.

Read this somewhere; "First rule of life. 1) You will be given a body, you may like it or

hate it, but it is yours for the duration."