Trailer Trash

Good Luck Mandy - Saturdaily (edit) (Read 48 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow Monday and a speedy recovery.

Heading out to the trails with DW for a 20 miler.  Temp is now 15 degrees, so no more procrastinating.  Big snow coming tomorrow.

QOTD:  What is the longest time you have been sidelined with an injury?

For me it was 3 weeks following surgery on my right knee.  I slipped on ice during a 50K in 2010 and tore a meniscus.  I ran up until the surgery and was able to run 3 weeks after.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks, AT!  I have to be at the hospital at 6am Monday - great way to start the week!  I will be sure to post and let you guys know that I made it and didn't die on the operating table.   However... PLEASE TELL ME IT IS STILL SATURDAY!!!!

As for today, I will head to my favorite trail.  Tomorrow I will just squeeze in a quick road run, because I won't have the time to do much else.

QOTD: Ummmm, almost 2 years now.  If we want to just count the months I was totally inactive, that was 4 months before I said, "Fuck this crap," and starting running again because I wasn't healing at all.  But from the onset of symptoms till now, I'm coming up on the 2 year mark.

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I didn't realize that was coming up so soon, but isn't today Saturday, so it's the day after tomorrow?

MTA:

QOTD: I think the longest due to injury was about 6 weeks with a torn meniscus in my left knee. It probably should have been longer, but I was anxious to get back into running, also young and headstrong.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

NorthernHarrier

I can deal with the voices I have been hearing but crap, now I'm losing entire days. I lost Saturday somewhere I think.

No running for me today. My old legs are tired and it's like winter out there.

Mandy--what is/are your favorite trail(s)?  What's your last meal gonna be?

QOTD--twice for femoral neck fractures and without looking up the actual records I'll say it was about  3-4 months each give or take with a painfully long and slow restart.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy--what is/are your favorite trail(s)?  What's your last meal gonna be?

Overlode at BM.  Take the detour up toward Brigham Park and look out North toward Devil's Lake over the grassy field.  Sit on a bench at Brigham Park if it's nice out.  (Not gonna do that today.)   Turn around.  After heading up that hard hill and passing that house on the right in the distance, don't cross over the road, but instead head down that sort of access road that's closed off to the bottom of the creek area.  Go up that rocky hill with the little bridges.  When back up top, turn left on the short grassy double track loop and run up that hill toward the bench.  Then go back to the car via the mountain bike trail.

My last meal is supposed to be small and low fat.    Suppose I should eat something good tonight then!

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers.  I'll hit the treadmill this afternoon, hopefully a 1.5-2 hour session.  We're pretty much screwed here for running- temps well below zero and we're closing in on 2 feet of snow (in town, double or triple it in the mountains).  Too cold to snowshoe or ski (but plenty of snow!)

qotd: I had a disc injury in my neck two winters ago- nerve damage in my left pec, shoulder and tricep- went from doing a 100 pushups to not even being able to do one, I was back to running in about a month, but well over a year gaining strength back (wasn't even really a strength loss, but nerves not firing properly-which equated to a strength loss)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I know I am a bit jetlagged today and there are times I lose days while up in the air, are you guys trying to play a trick on me?  Isn't it Saturday?

Whatever day it is today, I went for a slow and easy 15 miler.  After 4 days off, my abdomen felt really good today.  Although I had to "baby" the calf a bit by going slow.  I just need to keep it mellow for a while.

qotd:  I had a back injury that bugged me for about a year, I was still running, but it really killed me all the time.  I got it checked out and went to PT but nothing helped, then all of a sudden something went "boink" and it was gone.  Don't know how I did it in the first place and don't know what fixed it. but in between it was not fun.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

6.1 with HATRs in Mercer park. 18*F with screw shoes. Mostly along the paved bike path, but took a few turns into the woods.  Legs were a bit stiff still, and was trailing badly and lost them.  Turned off onto the trail to the dam expecting to meet them at the usual place, but they had stayed on the bike path instead.  Caught them on the way back. but they were still too fast. After a pit stop at the marina I met California Pete (who had run an extra segment to make his daily mileage), and ran back with him the rest of the way, legs finally loosened up.
                  10.46, 11.04, 11.58, 12.25, 15.37, 9.18 (last .1 at 9.09)

Good Luck Mandy!  Since you are in pretty good shape (other than a torn labrum, that is), you will recover quickly, much easier than the Drs are used to.

QOTD:  I took about 6 weeks off for AT problems, cutting back running to a minimum.  Took more than a year to really recover, and still don't trust it.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

NorthernHarrier

Mandy, that route you described I actually did a few weeks ago on a whim except heading into Brigham.  I rediscovered that twisty trail with the bridges and I thought it was great. Hadn't been on it in ages.   I am guilty of going to the usual trail systems and running my same routes once I have put things together. Need to just free lance out there more, go left when I usually go right kind of thing. Exploring and re-exploring are good times.

Wishing you well for Monday.

sugnim

Good snowy morning all.  The snowdrifts are up to my waist, and the lower areas have snow up to my calves.  After yesterday's necessitated "run" through that blizzard to work, I will not be out in that stuff today.  I did some jump roping and calisthenic exercises in my living room this morning.  The highlight of that was doing 15 pound overhead baby lifts with a giggling boy while jumping and running in place--good stuff!

QOTD:  I haven't been sidelined by too many injuries, though I've had my share of illnesses.  I'd say the longest was when I first started running--I just headed out and ran until I couldn't run anymore.  Then I developed Achilles tendinitis and plantar fasciitis and found out you are supposed to ease into running a little slower.  I was out of running for a few weeks.

Good luck, Mandy!

Chnaiur

Morning! No running today, and had to cancel ski trip because my oldest came down with a fever last afternoon.

The best part of the whole thing is that the kids were really, really sad we had to cancel skiing. This means they really love it!

QOTD: Lost 15 months to Achilles Tendonitis.

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

jonferg67

Endless trails

Well apparently AT has started day savings time and we were supposed to move the calendar

one day forward, so happy Sunday trailers.

Good luck, Mandy, keep us posted. It's just a walk in the park, no big thang.

I managed to get in a 20 miler this morning, mostly on dirt roads and cranberry

bogs since the trails are still a mess. I felt pretty good throughout, I needed that!

QOTD: I was out for about 3 weeks after meniscus surgery, I was surprised that I

was able to walk after only 3 days, but I still took it easy for a few weeks.

Occasional Runner

27 trail miles this morning. I saw a lot of buffalo and antelope on the trail this morning. A storm front rolled through so it was windy as hell with intermittent rain, but it was still a great run.

QOTD: 6 weeks back in 2010 when I first started running. It would have been much shorter but the doctors couldn't diagnose it. I haven't been injured since.

AT-runner

Tim

Haha, looks like my mistake sums of the kind of week I'm having, but I really don't want to go back to work a day early.

DW and I finished 20+ miles on some ice and snow covered trails (yea, for screw shoes).  All the footprints were iced over so it was like running in a crater filed.  We left the AT because of all the prints and made our way to some less and non traveled trails, so not sure of actual distance, but I know we hit at least 20 miles.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Watoni

Working, but hoping for a run before it gets dark. Working until 2am does not make it easy to get up a 6am to run.

QOTD: Been hit on my bike twice, once by a trash truck in NYC and once by a belligerent Porsche driver. Each one resulted in several weeks off, and many months of rehab. Lucky to be alive, though, so I am not complaining