Trailer Trash

Free Fridaily (Read 22 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Been MIA this week.  Busy busy busy. But I have my streak intact.  Had a nice trail run in the snow last Sunday - about wrecked my ankles as the snow drifts in some places were almost up to my knees.  But I had a blast.  So been running minimal this week.

QOTD: I got nothing (which is unusual...)

Have a great day/weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I'll probably do somewhere between 4.5 and 6.5 after work. It just depends on how I feel. Yesterday evening's 10 miles really beat me down. I started pretty well dehydrated and hungry. Then, I had a good bit of direct sun, a headwind (both ways), and it was hot. I struggled on the back 5 for sure, and I shouldn't struggle on a 10 mile run. But, I did.

QOTD: What are your weekend plans?

I'll wait for this horrible weather to pass tonight and into the morning. Once it passes, I'll start checking fields for turkeys. I don't really like to hunt like that, but I'm not sitting in a lightning storm at daybreak, either. And I am definitely NOT missing the opening day of turkey season. I'll probably cover 4 to 6 miles on foot tomorrow, with shotgun. And yes, I count that mileage. I need to incorporate more walking in my training anyway, even if it isn't a focused effort at keeping a decent pace.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Hit the trails at French Creek last night with the Lady. Snow is mostly gone from the trails, with the exception of the high point on the Mill Creek trail, though there was still a solid coating in many places in the woods. Eerily calm and quiet out there... no wind no noise. Spooky in a way. I guess we ran about 6.5 miles but it is pretty slow. Will look to get a similar distance in at Coventry Woods tonight.

QOTD: Not sure on tomorrow. Wife has mentioned a desire to go to the art museum in Philly. Maybe we will do that. Long run on Sunday on the trails at Blue Marsh. We will do the 23 mile loop.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.

Got my REI rebate $163 .  Now tie to go shopping!  How did everyone else do?  I know some of you hit it big with their credit card rewards.

QOTD:  After work driving 1/2 way to Hilton Head.  Then short run in the morning and finish off the drive.  We have week 12 for a timeshare and we go down this time every year to visit DW's parent's who live in the retirement community of Sun City. A lot of walking and running and a trip to Savannah at some point and plenty of reading on the beach.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

rest day here.  Will get in some yoga to work out some sore spots, but that's all.

qotd: Well, they say warm weather is on it's way so some running (including a 10k low key race on Sunday) and gardening. Looking forward to spending a lot of time outdoors.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Got my REI rebate $163 .  Now tie to go shopping!  How did everyone else do?  I know some of you hit it big with their credit card rewards.

I got a whopping $7!  However, I did sign up for their credit card the other month and received my $100 gift card.  So I used my gift card and the 20% off coupon and my huge dividend of $7 to buy a new tent this morning.  Plus I'll get 5% back from the credit card.  So all in all, I got the tent for almost half off.  Woo hoo!

And good morning!  I got nothing, like usual.

QOTD: No big plans this weekend.  It's supposed to rain, rain, rain.  I'll watch a lot of basketball, do some baking, walk the dog, etc.

Running is dumb.

Daydreamer1

Just finished up test driving my BMW after putting in a new radiator.  Now it's off to the gym. Legs feel pretty decent after yesterday's 9 mile run. Gotta get the mileage up and I should go long again today but also am determined to keep to a gym schedule. I'll do some lifting out there and probably a short run on the TM. It's chilly and dripping some rain so I'll be able to tolerate running inside.

No REI rebate.......................but I just found out that I gave a interest free loan to the Federal government to the tune of $622.00 last year. I'm sure the state gubment will take some of that back from me .

QOTD: For the third weekend in a row I'm working . Last weekend was due to a shift switch I did then helping out the fine folks at my one part time job. This is my normal weekend to work and it's supposed to be really nice tomorrow .

DigDug2

8 on the roads this morning, trying out a new pair of Mizunos that arrived yesterday.  Less cold than earlier in the week, 30s, great running weather.

QOTD:  I'll be figuring out all of the electronics on my new (to me) SUV - it's a 2012, but apparently things got a lot more complicated between 2005 (my last car purchase) and 2012.  Or more accurately, my wife will be figuring it all out and explaining it to me.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Well if I would have dragged my ass out of bed (it was too cold) I would have beat the rain but I didn't.  I than weighed myself as I always do and I have broke through the ceiling.     Delayed vacation weight gain I think.  So gym planned at lunch and maybe just maybe run after work.

QOTD:  Nothing...I will do a 14 to 16 long run on Saturday in the rain.   as that is the day the hubby is off doing something.

Jamie:  It's Friday you can also resort to the what are you doing this weekend for the QOTD?  What's for dinner is always a good one too to give us ideas.  Of course last time that was asked most folks were microwaving TV dinners!!

AT:  Enjoy...you win with best weekend plans.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

We did 8 in a cold rain/sleet this am. LB not feelin abit sorry for ya dealing with the heat

qOTD: looks like cold rain all weekend so nothing but watchin the rain drops out the window.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

weekend plans? Why didn't I think of that?

QOTD: Some family get together(s) Saturday.  Probably some more work on my basement.  Maybe a little running.  Maybe a nap! So really just another boring weekend.  But I like boring.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

the perfect running weather streak continues; nice run yesterday evening- low 50's with very little wind

I'll either strength train this evening or if the grandkids are up to hike up to Mt Helena

$405 REI rebate; what's a little sad can't think of too much to get- I've sometimes waited until July and had them cut me a check, we'll see

qotd: plan on back to back runs of 12-ish miles; finish my taxes

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

5 mi at lunch today.  Lucky we have showers in our little workout room complex, the showers suck though, but better than nothing.

Qotd:  our little section of town is having a community garage sale, so I'm putting a few things at the end of the driveway.  Probably just put a "free" sign on the stuff - saves me hauling it off to the donation center.  Sunday I'm flying up to Nashville to start my hiking trip with my DS.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

NHLA

10 miles Crail Farm Rd.

qotd  12k trail race tom but not sure if you can register on race day.

4 miles easy today in the rain.

QOTD: 25-ish tomorrow in the Marin Headlands.  Basically a modified version of the Marin Ultra Challenge course.  Last long run before Lake Sonoma on 4/15.  Otherwise, the usual chores (grocery store, laundry, yard work, cleaning).

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR