Trailer Trash

Weeping Wednesday (Read 16 times)

Daydreamer1

Weeping because the week is half over, (and I work the weekend) and It's already the 9th of the month. Where the heck does the time go????

Planning on a bike ride with DW probably about 25 miles then do some stuff around the house. Planning a evening run in the dark when the moon is coming up.

QOTD: How does your body react when you take some time off from running or any other exercise including just cutting your miles way back.

I haven't been running very much lately and really haven't replaced that with the bike as much as I should have. The first thing I notice is weight gain to the tune of 3-5 lbs. I think it's mostly water weight but I certainly feel fatter as well even though I've adjusted my calories downward.

The second thing that I notice is that I get restless legs. While it's worse at night and they just want to jump around it happens during the day as well. Just getting up and walking will help it during the day but not at night. Stretching does help some. It's almost like they are complaining that I'm not taking them for a run or ride.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

• squeezed in some weight training last night; up early with 5.5 miles on the trails 

qotd: it usually means I'm injured and that puts me in a really sour place or it's elk season and that puts me in a great mood ; fortunately my few injuries allowed me to do some cross training- strength training, biking etc

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I had to cut it short this morning, 4 miles.

QOTD: I probably gain a little bit of weight, but I definitely get the restless legs. I don't really know what to do to fix that.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Rest today.

I had a dream last night and my best friend who died years ago from ALS was in it.  Got to work and had an e-mail from his wife saying she can't believe it's been 10 years today since he passed.  I'm not big on remembering dates of events, so it was pretty weird that I had a dream with him in it since I didn't remember today was his 10th anniversary.  Makes you wonder.

QOTD:  This is my first lay off in a while, and cardiovascularly I feel pretty good. The soreness I get is from the knee injury, so I can't really comment on changes.  When I do scheduled cut backs, I drop my total miles but still get in the occasional long run just to maintain fitness.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nothing so far but plan on gym at lunch and run with Mutts after work and sushi...the old man is gone so nothing should distract me from running...except maybe the beers. 

QOTD:  It gains weight...I have actually taken a week off when on vacation and have felt great when I got back to running.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Got up and did 10 mi this morning. I've decided I should get serious for my Oct run. I have a good base, but need to ramp it up a bit. I even updated my training schedule!!

It was warm and humid between the distant thunder storms this morning, luckily they stayed off in the distance. But it was tropical.

qotd:  I usually feel pretty good and can use the time off. But I also get "jumpy legs" with time off, but also even when I'm training. Drives me nuts at night sometimes.

tbd.

NHLA

8 miles  Davis Mountain sort of a fat short mountain with a flat top. Nice run. Used to be lovers lane in the 50s thru 70s.

Most of the locals where conceived on this rd.

Qotd jumpy legs here too. I walk to the  bottom of the mountain and back at night.  Only 1 mile 300' drop and climb.

And sleep in guests room with cat. Somehow he knows when I'm hurting.

NorthernHarrier

Home now after an intense day and a half of working around the shack. Found myself high on a ladder with a light chainsaw cutting branches to improve my lake view and wondering why I do such nonsense especially right before a mountain trip. I'm getting way too old.

Thanks for all the good words regarding my Springer. She seems to be doing ok right now so that's nice. I think we people always apply human emotions to these things when often the animals just roll with misfortune and keep on truckin'.

Nice run yesterday on the rolling mt. bike trails but so far nothing today as I had too much stuff to get done. Maybe tonight as I would like to get some tempo/intervals in, if not 1st thing tomorrow.

QOTD-My body reacts like it's thankful for a little rest. I don't need a layoff to put on weight either. My weight gain is simply a product of no self control around the table and even when I was running 50mpw I would still gain weight if I didn't push myself away from the food.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

QOTD-My body reacts like it's thankful for a little rest. I don't need a layoff to put on weight either. My weight gain is simply a product of no self control around the table and even when I was running 50mpw I would still gain weight if I didn't push myself away from the food Spotted Cow.

fixed 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

10 miles on state game land trails yesterday.

QOTD If  at some time off to rest up after a big race, my body feels better afterwards.   If it's time off from an injury, that usually sucks!