Trailer Trash

Dirty Girl Tuesday. (Read 23 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Heading out for a long run on the AT.  Someone turned the humidity switch off, so hoping for a good day.

Made a purchase yesterday with my Business Debit Card, and my Office Manager sheepishly asked what a charge for "Dirty Girl" was for?  Had to explain about gaiters and why trail runners use them and that this was the name of the company. It was a very funny exchange. Anyway, new gaiters for DW and I are coming in 2-3 days.  When they arrive, I think I'll have to show her the package to convince her. 

I'm secretly hoping the title gets out some or our lurkers / lost posters.  Hope all is well.

Welcome home Sandy!

QOTD:  Any recent running purchases or do have you eye on anything?  See above.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I drank coffee this morning and watched the tropics. I'll run 4 after work.

QOTD: I have not bought anything lately. I think the last thing I bought was a Flip Belt, and I bought that last year. I am about ready for a new pair of shoes. I am sort of halfway waiting for the Hoka Stinson ATR 4. They say the toe box is supposed to be wider; we'll see. The original Stinson was my favorite shoe in terms of cushioning. But, I could not run very far in them because they blistered my big toes after about 4 miles.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got in a nice 5-ish miles this morning; just the very slightest sliver of a moon- must be very close to a new moon

qotd: bought a pair of the new Pear Izumi N3's- fit is exactly like the N2's (which for me is near perfect) but with a little additional cushioning; just saw a post the other day that PI will be phasing out all of their shoes save biking shoes- time to stock up!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

qotd: bought a pair of the new Pear Izumi N3's- fit is exactly like the N2's (which for me is near perfect) but with a little additional cushioning; just saw a post the other day that PI will be phasing out all of their shoes save biking shoes- time to stock up!

I saw that, too. I thought they had a pretty good thing going with the running stuff, but I guess someone is crunching the numbers and saw something different.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Getting ready to head out for 7-8 miles on the road. Don't have the time to hit the mountain before work.

Jamie - Yep I have three jobs.  Worked at Hershey Med for 12+ years then switched to Pinnacle but stayed at Hershey part time. Then I was taking some classes at HACC and was only working on a part time basis so I also started working for Susquehanna Twp EMS.  When I went back full time at Pinnacle I stayed part time at the other two places. It was easy to pick up time at both part time jobs when I was working 24 hour shifts. Now that we lost those it's a lot more difficult to fit it in and I'd like to leave Susquehanna. The problem is I'm not sure what the potential merger between Hershey and Pinnacle will bring so I hang on there. I really only have to pick up one 8 hour shift every three months there so It's not too bad and I rarely do more than 2 shifts a month at Hershey.  There are a lot of people in this business that work at 3-4 and even 5 jobs. Some have two full time jobs and still work another part time job which is just crazy.  I probably average about 48 hours a week which is down from the 55 hours I used to do.

QOTD - No recent running purchases but I will soon be picking up some shoes. My Conquest's have over 800 miles on them and are starting to feel like it. My gym shoes are over 500 miles. The Mafate 3s are falling apart with only 380 miles on them. I'm gluing them back together every other run.  So I'll probably be picking up some of the Bondi 4s in time for Tussey Mountainback.

This was my most recent purchase. My old cyclocross frame had broke so I picked up a new frame and built it up using a combo of old and new parts.

The old seat was shot, the post a ugly silver so I spent $170.00 on the post and seat. Look nicer now.

It's even labeled for me .

XtremeTaper

Seven last night on the rocky side of green lane reservoir. The Lady was farting around again. Either the smells are good this time of year or she is getting tired of the sun and heat. She ran better on the back portion than the out. Today, I might give her a break and go run a trail tempo over at Coventry Woods this evening.

QOTD: Nothing recently. I should stop by the LRS soon just to say hello. I still have some miles to go on my Lone Peaks though.

AT - I hope you bought matching arm panties!!  LOL. Thanks for the tip the other day about Ramona Falls. I think we will try to hit that place on our way to/from Bend.

LB2 - Last thing you all need is more tropical moisture.

Warden - I hate when shoes change, worse yet when your favorites stop being manufactured.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2 - Last thing you all need is more tropical moisture.

We should be okay on this one.

LB2

dpc3

Run cut short by a bear attack this morning, Pearl and I got in 5 with the last 2.5 a quick march back to the house. Like LB yesterday I barely made it. It could have been ugly.

A wise man once said "Never trust a fart, especially while trail running!"

QOTD: Couple pairs of shoes Altra Olympus and NB 1210's.

Speaking of Gaiters I'd like your opinion on the Dirty Girl gaiters.

LB2

QOTD: Couple pairs of shoes Altra Olympus and NB 1210's.

Speaking of Gaiters I'd like your opinion on the Dirty Girl gaiters.

What Altra's and how are those 1210's?

I responded to that question about gaiters, but the ones I had were Inov8. I heard the Dirty Girls were good; they Inov8's were, too.

LB2

dpc3

Altra Olympus 1.5

I like the NB, they are a bit stiff but for my mid range runs of 10-20 they work great on these loose sandy sometimes rocky trails.

LB2

Altra Olympus 1.5

I like the NB, they are a bit stiff but for my mid range runs of 10-20 they work great on these loose sandy sometimes rocky trails.

I may get a new pair of Olypmus 2.0, but I hate paying that much for a shoe. I may wait for the price to drop a little. The 1 and 1.5 are both great, but I like the grip on the 2.0. If you have sharp turns, you can really bust it with the 1 and 1.5.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

So popped out of bed and got 7.36 miles done...it was good.  Have been suffering my heel ankle pain most likely tendentious for probably 3 years now.  So began the run and the heel felt pretty good so was thinking maybe time off isn't so bad.

AT:  The title got me excited.  How dare your office manager question how you spend your money!!!  She must like your wife. 

QOTD:  Well I do have my new watch which I like a lot and it finds the satellite quick.  No longer sticking it outside while I dress, shit, and (still not locate) prep dinner, do laundry, (still no locate) wash the car sweep the floors and still no locate so run with out it.  The purple color is growing on me.  I am planning on investing in some races.

DD: Ha Ha...the name seems to fit you.  hmm sorry I looked it up and it actually means rude and bad tempered...I thought it meant grouchy.    I call my dog Surly Early.

Xtreme Taper:  Have fun in Oregon..give me a report on best running towns to live in...we are thinking of moving there in a couple of years.  And seriously why do they change a great shoe!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ended up with 15 miles on the AT as an out and back. Never saw Karl M.  One of my best runs in a while, so now 'm convinced my bad runs have been due to the humidity / dew point and not my aging body.

AT:  The title got me excited.  How dare your office manager question how you spend your money!!!  She must like your wife. 

No, she was concerned because she thought it was a fraudulent charge since it was exactly a $50 charge to "Dirty Girl". That bought DW and I both a replacement pair of gaiters.

Dreamer - nice ride. What pedals did you put on?

LB and dpc3 - I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on the new Olympus'.  I love the 1.5's and I might bite the bullet soon since they are getting up in mileage.

Warden - I had not heard they were dropping the running section. I have a pair of N2's that I like.

XT - Enjoy your trip.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dpc3

I never pay full price for Altra Olympus, I use leftlanesports.com or theclymb.com I think the most I've paid is about $75.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Re: Dirty Girls- I like them, a simple and light gaiter (on my second pair, first pair saw about 5000 miles). If I know I'm going to be in much snow I go with a different pair, but for 95% of my trail running these work.

They dont have to many styles that are very "manly", but for gals I think they have nearly 50 choices of styles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √