Trailer Trash

Where's the Light Mondaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Wow, the lack of morning light really does make the days feel shorter. did not want to believe the clock this morning when it seemed too dark to be time to get up.

Hope Queen isn't mad at me for circulating her picture. It was too good not to share and I know we were all waiting to hear how she did. Can't wait for the RR.

Jamie - I'm sure she won't kid you at all about beating you to the first 100.

QOTD:  Do you change you running time as the morning light is lost, or stick to the same time? Use a light?  I get out a little later in the fall and winter and only rarely will run in the morning with a light.  If I can'tr get out until the evening, then I'll use a light.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

dhuffman63

Trails

I loved the picture! so I hope she's not mad.

QOTD: I've not worked up the courage to run my rural roads early in the weekday mornings.  I'd have to be lit up like a Christmas tree and even then may not be safe.  There's not much in the way of traffic, mind you, but the ones that I've seen drive by in the am are ridiculously dangerous.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

QOTD:  Not on purpose, but yesterday I found myself getting out the door later than usual.

Even this morning, it was pitch dark out when my alarm went off at 5:30.  I snoozed a bit longer than usual.  Guess we'll have to wait a month or so for the fall back time shift.  Hope to get 4 or so after work tonight.

Looking forward to the RR's!!!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

XtremeTaper

No run yet today and due to dripping rain yesterday I never got the lawn mowed so I need to do that today. Perhaps I can sneak some miles on the local trail at some point today, or perhaps it will rain again and the mowing will get cancelled. LOL.

A few runs this weekend. ~9 miles on the cinder rail trail, section of the SRT on Saturday. Pretty decent effort for me these days, somewhere around 8:40 pace based on time/estimated distance. Always odd running out there on the weekend as there is about a billion more people than I am used to seeing during a run, most of them on bikes. Yesterday was a cool rainy 7 on the more remote part of French Creek. The Lady tagged along and saw nobody.

QOTD: Lack of evening daylight affects me the most since that is my normal running time. No issues with that yet, but it's time to pack the headlight just in case I get a late start or feel like adding a mile or two. I will move some runs to midday and/or do more road running in the dark months. Also have some flexibility at work to get out late afternoon sometimes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I may, or may not, get in a run tonight.

AT: Sue's finish has me fired up! I am inspired now! Love the picture.  She needs to use that as her avatar pic.  I wonder if WS is next.  Doesn't her running group get an entry every year if I remember right?

QOTD: Not really.  I usually run in the dark anyways and don't mind it.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Despite the optimism in the forecast, the rain did not let up at all yesterday. Ended up heading out the door at dusk to get in three miles. I actually felt cold with the light rain. Started coming down much heavier the last few blocks so 3 was just right.  Not sure about today.

One of my borrowed running dogs was put down this weekend. He was my dad's old hunting dog and was 15, with cancer. He stopped running with me about 2 years ago so he had a good life. I saw him last month and it was clear his end was near so I got to say my goodbyes. RIP Dylan.

qotd: What was the question, again? Oh, light. My running schedule usually depends more on family factors than anything else. I did, however, just replace the rechargeable batteries in my BD headlamp so I should be good for the winter.

Awww, RunTrailDC, I'm sorry about the pup.

AT, thanks for sharing Queen's pic.  Captured the moment perfectly!

Dr. Jamie, I'm fired up about running now too!  (Queen needs a WS qualifier before she can get in, even if WS gives her running club a designated runner entry.  My RC gets a DR entry too, since we put on an aid station at WS every year, but per WS, the recipient has to be eligible to run WS, which means having a qualifier.).

Queen, Rio del Lago is a qualifier!  There are still spots open.... just sayin'...

WC, nice miles for you at NC, great job.

I ran 17 yesterday, taking a rest day today.

QOTD: I don't change my running time, I just bring a light and wear a reflective vest.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Tapering SRD today.  Going bananas, I just want to start running already!!!  I’m flying out Wednesday afternoon and the run starts Friday morning.

AT – I hope Queenie isn’t mad since I guess I was your partner in crime in posting the photo.

dhuff – I hear you about running along rural roads in the morning, when I was doing a little bike riding that was the scariest part.

Bert-o – Also looking forward to the RRs.

XT – I hope it rains so you can run instead (more instigating from me, I guess I’m just a tapering trouble maker).

Dr. J – So which one are you going to do? (Speaking of being a trouble maker. . .  )

runtraildc – Sorry about the pup. It is nice remembering the fun runs with them.

Gatsby –for the record, Queen’s finish is a WS qualifier. So which one are you doing? (Yup even more trouble).

qotd: I don’t change the running times mostly because my schedule is set by my working hours, just bring lights.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oh, so sorry to hear about Dylan, runtrail.  Beautiful boy.

I did some biking over the weekend.  Maybe I can still hit a lame 1,000 bike miles for the year.

QOTD: I always run after work.  I never change the time due to the light.  I do hate the lack of daylight though.  It's getting dark at 7pm here now.  Soon it'll be before 5pm. 

Running is dumb.

Ah, thanks Sandy, I was not aware that ML is a qualifier!  Cool, another person to stalk when they do the drawing in Dec.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

Great weekend up here with the fall color just starting. Next two weeks should be pretty sweet and then it's gone.  Got some good runs in and a couple mountain biking trail fixes. Heading home shortly.

Big congrats to George and Sue. Pretty damn awesome guys.

runtrail--that boy looks pretty special. I know he had a good life with good people. My sympathies. You may not know this but I'm a little partial to the breed. 

QOTD--the deceasing light makes no difference but the upcoming snow and ice, well.....

LB2

I ran a little loop this morning in the dark. We got some serious rain Saturday afternoon, and the trails are super muddy. If I get up a little earlier tomorrow, I may add a little distance. I would run in the afternoon, but it is too hot for me!!

AT: I hope she is mad so you can tell her to get over it!!! I doubt she will be mad.

QOTD: No. I run with a light throughout the year. I am far more alert at 4AM than 4PM, but that may be because I get up so early.

LB2

Gator eye

Sue looked pretty good for just running a hundred.

No run today, i had to break out the long johns and mittens for yesterday’s run. Fall is here

QOtD: It feels weird to run in the day light.

To many cars, dogs, people.

really scary stuff I’ll take the coyotes, deer, skunks and possums of the night anytime

Daydreamer1

Ran 5.4 miles yesterday.  First actual run in a long time.  Legs are sore and stiff today.  Just got back in from a fast walk with DW. Did 4 miles.

QOTD:  Almost never run in the mornings.  The lack of light in the evening affects me more then the lack of light in the morning.

moonlightrunner

Gees, Gator! Must be way colder in your part of Michigan! I was up at Hartwick Pines and I think the low was 38.

Sue looked pretty good for just running a hundred.

No run today, i had to break out the long johns and mittens for yesterday’s run. Fall is here

QOtD: It feels weird to run in the day light.

To many cars, dogs, people.

really scary stuff I’ll take the coyotes, deer, skunks and possums of the night anytime

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k