Trailer Trash

Frozen Iguana Weekend (Read 18 times)

Daydreamer1

Nope, ain't my Iguana that's frozen but I saw they are dropping out of the trees in Florida .

Another day of Negative numbers on the windchill. Currently the wind and temps are battling to see who gets the highest numbers and the wind is winning resulting in wind chills of below 0.

Really wanted to run today but it's just one thing after another and I'm so far behind on what I need to get done that I'll be lucky to get in a walk on the TM.  Hope to get in 5 miles but that's probably a pipe dream a this point.

QOTD: Whats going on in your neck of the woods as far as family activities and on the menu?

It's my weekend off but I'll be doing a lot of work from home crap and continuing education. Might get over to see my parents tomorrow night.  DW just made some Taco Soup and I'm going to steal some before I start working on my car project.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

15.5 miles with the local ultra running group- always humbling 

mini heat wave here- got into the 20's this morning!

qotd: DW and Tiny E are out on the trails as I type; we have some chores to do today, but will hit the trails tomorrow- probably snowshoeing;

not sure what's on the menu, but I'm damn hungry 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Broke my non-running streak and got a run in with the group this morning. Only 5 of us showed, which is about 4 more than I thought would show. The wind had calmed down a bit so it wasn't too bad. However, 4 was my limit.

qotd: thawing out a pipe in our back bathroom. It's the sink drain and it seems to be holding rather than bursting right now. We're about 36 hours from above freezing temps so fingers crossed we get it thawed, or it doesn't get worse. little DS has a HS swim meet, then ski club so there was driving around for that. Tomorrow is going to be more of the same. Not too exciting around these parts.

Sandy-2

My DD and I did 22 mi this morning. Perfect weather, 30 at the 6:30 start, then about 55 at the end. Low humidity, no wind and sunny. Sorry all you guys who are suffering thru tough weather this weekend.

We did the new Rocky Raccoon 100 - 25 mile loop, but skipped a 3 mi out-n-back section on a dirt road. The trail was really nice, the new loop was made to avoid some washed out trail and bridge damage left over from Harvey.

qotd: see above and now my DW and I are watching Football. But I’m just about to wash the cars (exciting I know!!!)

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Running bare minimums with the cold. 3.7 today in 12F but the wind wasn't as bad.

qotd: no family activities in my area ever. I need to travel for those. If I feel lazy it'll be a frozen dinner, otherwise pork and rice.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Had friends over for game night and stayed up way too late!!! 1:30 am so even though I kinda slept in I felt like shit all day.    Did walk the dogs.  Now buffalo wings and beer, back home for movie or Dexter.  Tomorrow long run, shooting for 14.  Even though we own too many cars to count itvappears I have no car tomorrow so either run from home or rely on the kindness of strangers (running friends) to puck me up.

Qotd:  Please see above  oh and I made tortilla soup fir the party last night...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran on TM again yesterday not due to weather, but no time to get to woods. Chilly 10 miler on the trails today. Was making tracks on one of the unnamed MTB trails. Had to really pay attention to stay on trail. Also pretty slippery and I wish I had my yak trax’s for a few places. Every 10 steps felt like it only moved me 8 steps forward.

QOTD: more work on apartment. Hitting final stages. Ate out at our local Irish pub and they had “scallop and smoked Gouda Mac and cheese” as an appetizer. Was pretty delicious with a cold pint. Soup tonight, think beef vegetable.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

An easy 4 mi this morning just to loosen from yesterday. I’m now in  really serious taper mode. 

Sounds like some good food out there. Yum. We went out to a local place last night, but it changed ownership and had gone downhill, we probably won’t go back.

tbd.

XtremeTaper

A couple of short trail runs this weekend. A frigid 6.5 yesterday on the snow covered trails out by the frozen lake. My buddy came with me (and the Lady) for the run. Took him to the cold sport, where NW wind blows straight across the lake (er, frozen lake) at the end of the loop. Always the coldest spot out there in the winter and it was nasty yesterday with the cold gust. The low teen felt warm after we got away from the spot. Had to break my streak and wear running pants yesterday.

Today, a balmy sunny 11 with no wind meant shorts weather again. A slow but rather nice 5 out at Coventry Wood. It was so still and silent out there. Incredibly silent. Then we saw a red tail hawk towards the end of the run flying low in the woods making a racket. As we drove out from the trailhead, same hawk was carrying away a squirrel for dinner.

QOTD: Lazy weekend. Watching some of the wild card games and made a batch of sloppy joes. Spicy, with some siricha mixed into the sauce. Made my bald head sweat.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Tiny Elvis got out today snowshoeing for about 4.5 miles; no one has told Tiny E that he's not a Huskie 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Daydreamer1

Ended up just putting in time on the elliptical last night. Not real happy with that as I wanted to run in the real cold stuff but I only had a quick 30 minutes to do something and didn't want to waste any time getting dressed for the weather.

Did 6.45 miles at 17 degrees with a moderate breeze today. Felt like crap before heading out. Fell pretty good now.

Even though we own too many cars to count itvappears I have no car tomorrow

Hmmmmmmmm.........................Do you actually live at my place?  I thought 4 vehicles for two people would be enough but somehow I'm down to two and one of those is a little gimpy a times.

GC100k

A couple hours on the AT with my son, very nice.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran 14ish miles on the AT and side trails up in the mountain.  It was excellent.  Blue skies, 2-3 inches of snow, and temps rose to the teens.  I thought for sure I would be out there by myself but I had to quickly grab my gear and hit the trail at the trailhead to get in front of a very large group of hikers.  I kind of knew where they were going so I assumed I would hit them on my way back down the mountain.  I did.  Most were unaware of trail etiquette as I had to go off trail to get around them even after announcing myself.  Saw a couple of runners and even a couple of mountain bikers.  I absolutely love running in the deep woods when there is a blanket of snow on the ground.   If you stand still, you hear...absolute silence.  It's an amazing thing!

Not feeling great right now.  I don't know if the cold took a lot out of me or if I am fighting something.  Temps should start to rise this week though and the normal 30's for this time of year should actually feel good.

GC - what parts of the AT did you run this weekend? And what parts do you normally run?

QOTD: Saturday was filled with basketball games.  DD had a game at 9, DS2 at Noon and DS1 at 3pm.  This will be our Saturdays for the next 2 months.

Have a great start to the week!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

GC100k

GC - what parts of the AT did you run this weekend? And what parts do you normally run?

We started at the Susquehana River just north of Harrisburg PA and headed east.

I'm usually in the Cumberland Valley PA and down to Pine Grove Furnace SP.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran with the group today and in the first 2 mikes I thought I was going to die!  I coukdn't catch my breath and just felt weird.  Some in the groups were chatting away and I thought WTF!  Then a guy next to me said I feel weird... so That made me feel better.  During this time I also said fuck a 100 mile race!  I don't know if it wasthe cold ir the altitude or both.  Anywho I felt better after our climb.  We ran 15 and it was tough in the end.

warden: Don't pop Tiny E's bubble!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄