Trailer Trash

Wacky Weather Weekender (Read 23 times)

LB2

Headed to Clark Creek Recreational Area to do some climbing. The place has no altitude, but it has some serious climbs up out of the creek bottoms. It is truly unbelievable that an ecosystem like that is located in SW Mississippi.

QOTD: How do you get most of your hill work done?

Usually, it through volume of mileage/time on the hilliest areas I can find near home. But I also go to Clark Creek and Clear Creek recreation areas to get some trail miles from time to time. And, like I did in 2014, I'll join a gym for a few months that has a great TM with some good incline and decline.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Headed to bed for a few hours. Stomach is feeling a little unsettled. Hope I'm not getting the bug. Last night one of the other medics was in a patients house and without any warning threw up all over the litter .  At least there was no patient on it yet.

After I get up I'll head out for 5-6 miles if I'm feeling OK, then head back into work.

LB2 - My wife had relatives up in Hot Coffee (The Collins area). Got out in the woods up there a few times and they do have more hills than one would think considering it's the deep south.  No real long climbs but the stuff is steep enough that you can easily flip a four wheeler.

QOTD:  Go up in the mountain and run up and down the damn things. I'm cursed blessed with a lot of uphill and downhill stuff. The closest things that I have for trails are either up hill or down hill. Anywhere between 5-25% grades. If I want decent trails with some rolling or flat terrain I actually have to drive at least 22 miles.

AT-runner

Tim

Snow and freezing rain coming again.  Supposed to start any minute now even though last night they said around 12 to 1.  DW is still hobbled up but many walk while I run.  She's deciding.  Her ankle is in the green-gray phase now. Not pretty.

La La Land was pretty good. Hit a local Irish pub afterwards and had a Guinness or three.

LB - nice one on ex-girlfriends movie. I almost spit out my oatmeal.

Sandy - good luck at marathon.  It's been 13 years since I've run a road marathon. Time flies. Also I don't believe you had to Google Supergirl XXX.  Don't let your DW check your browser history. 

QOTD:  I have a hard time finding a flat run. Hills are everywhere and I can choose how steep I want at any time.  On Thursday run, the first 2.75 miles goes up just over 900'.  It's an old logging road, and we run that one often when looking to push a hill.  Some of the steeper trails are practically unrunnable (for me, anyway).  I took Jamie on one a couple years ago (Blueberry Trail from Ironmasters course) and it 500' in just under a mile with big rocks to step over. You can't get a rhythm going to run it because of all the switchbacks.  I used that trail to train for R2R2R and Pikes Peak.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

As soon as I bet off this stupid thing I'm going to spend some time ckeaning the house.  Having a girls night Sunday for runner friends...making Lasagna and then watching unbreackable.  Plan is to run long today around noonish at least 16 but may do tomoorrow if I get carried away with  cleaning....also have the yard to pick up tomorrow.

Qotd:  Hills aren't a problem here.  Question should be where do I go to run flat so I can feel like a runner again.  My morning run has me climbing 500 feet in less than a mile (until I found a new trail) but can't say I actually run it.

LB:  In case you don't see it on yesterdays post my advice to you is to get over Sum Yung Ho you have been talking about her for years and thats not so good for your marraige.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All.  The weatherman said we would see a significant improvement starting yesterday- yesterday we started the day off at -12 with a high 6 - not what I would call a significant improvement; this morning it's -13 with a forecast high of 17- I'm not a meteorologist, but I have to say bullshit- no way we're warming up 30 degrees    My guess is yet another treadmill session.

qotd: back in the day- in galaxy far, far away, when I used to run outside, I was typically getting 1200- 1500' in my 5-ish mile runs (much more on longer runs); when I really wanted to focus on hills I have a brutal hill repeat spot that gains a little over 1000' in .8 miles, three times of this up and down (I'm here to say the down is almost as bad as the up!) and I feel I've gotten my money's worth of hills

speaking of money's worth- Supergirl XXX.............. 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NHLA

9 miles DuPont Forest trails.

LB2 there is a grand canyon in MS.  Its called Red Bluff. Near Silver Creek MS.

qotd  I live on Echo Mt. Davis Mt. is on the rt. and Hebron Mt. on the left. In three miles you can climb 800' to 2300'.

I have to drive 20miles to find an 8 miles flat spot.

runtraildc

Hi trailers. Got in 6 miles with the group this morning. They closed the pools in anticipation for a freezing rain/snow/ice storm that has yet to materialize, so no swim meet or practice and I could get out before I lost ambition. Was a brisk run and felt good.

qotd: We have lots of hills, not mountains. And lots of rolling terrain, which is harder for me than long slogs uphill.

AT- going to watch 'Sing Street' tonight based on your comments yesterday.

Sandy-2

An easy 2 mi run to loosen up today.  The pressure is off for any sort of push for a fast time tomorrow (not that I was going for it), since it will be warm and humid.  It'll be more of a training or a fun run for most, me included.

Also I don't believe you had to Google Supergirl XXX.  Don't let your DW check your browser history. .

Yeah, that will be the ultimate joke, getting in hot water over the browser history for Googling questionable movie titles. By the way, any idea how difficult it is to find an 'adult film' with a plot? It wasn't easy. 

qotd: there are no hills around here, it's either parking garages or the stair climber at the gym.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

LB2

Well, I just got back from our little adventure. I got some good climbing done. I finished an hour ahead of the rest of the folks in our group, and I stopped several times and sat down to wait for them. The two guys with whom I rode over with are pretty experienced there, and they wanted to show the other ones a good time. They told me not to worry about waiting for them, so I didn't wait too long at any one stop. The trail was slick, and I had a blast. I got back to the truck and did another mile or more out and back. I'll call it 7 miles, but it could have been 6 or it could have been 8.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Got out earlier than normal to run ahead of the forecasted freezing rain and sleet. So far still no precipitation.

qotd: Most of my runs are on gently rolling hills. When I want or need something more challenging I drive to Valley Forge NP or Ridley Creek SP where I can also get in some trail running.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

Nolde Forest run today with the Lady. We wandered about the trails for about 12 miles. Nice winter day. Temp about 32, grey skies, no wind, a few sleet sprinkles. Plenty of hills at Nolde. The first 2 miles about 500-600 feet then you bounce up and down from there. Easy trails, more like carriage roads so the footing is easy.

QOTD: No need to seek out hills here. It's a matter of choosing rolling, hilly, extra hilly unless I hit the rail trails.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

By the way, any idea how difficult it is to find an 'adult film' with a plot? It wasn't easy. 

So how many did you have to watch before you found one with a plot?

Just got back in from about 7 miles on icy, slippery roads. My little lay off and reduction of mile the past two months has my legs struggling on anything over 5 miles .

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

well we almost got into the 20's, we hit 6 ; I'm certain they will be right tomorrow

5.5 on the treadmill

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

I'll get out for five today, probably take the dog to slow me down. I feel pretty frisky.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

-9 here this morning, calling for a high of 20    if it even approaches anywhere near the teens I'm going to try and get a run in

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √