Trailer Trash

Why is it Still Winter Wednesdailies? (Read 39 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Bella and I ran 6.4 miles last night.  I thought it was supposed to be warmer than it was and was very under dressed.  That was a cold run.  It's a SRD for me today.

QOTD: You've just won a lifetime supply of the last tangible thing that you bought.  What did you win and are you happy with it?

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

Planning 175 miles for later today.

I'm in Brazil, having breakfast with Keith Straw this morning, listening to him give me a speech about how dumb I am for not registering for the Grand Slam. I've known Keith for as long as I've been running and he's a man that I listen to. So...looks like I'll be doing the Slam.

QOTD: Coke Zero? Yeah...that's ok.

sugnim

Good morning all. I just returned from a dark five-n-a-half miles along the riverfront trail. I must have passed at least 6 old dudes with long white beards smoking at different points along the way, which is pretty odd.

QOTD. The last thing I bought was some milk for my son. If I won a lifetime supply, that would be pretty handy.

Lace: have a great time in Brazil!  That sounds fantastic!

Marley and I had a nice 4 mile trail run on icy trails.

QOTD: Dog food and Frontline for Marley.  Both are expensive so yeah, I'd be quite happy with a lifetime supply.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

runtraildc

Morning!  Have 4  miles planned.  I'm going to wait until some of the ice melts before I head out.  My legs feel a little beat up from the treadmill (is that even possible?) so I'll be taking it easy.

qotd:  Ethiopian takeout.  Since it included three different orders, I will be happy for a while.

Hey Mandy, the photo link on our home page doesn't seem to be working (Just a blank in that space).   I haven't been able to see that lovely pic for a bit.  Or is it just my computer., perhaps?

Got in 5 cold miles last night, and will get in 6 tonight. Not sure if I want to run outside again tonight or on the treadmill. I hate the wind.

QOTD: A Dunkin' Donuts veggie flatbread breakfast sandwich.....definitely would get sick of those after about a week.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran just under 3 miles last night under a starry sky.  It was cold but I could have stayed out a long time.  I had to be careful because I kept looking up for long periods of time.  A couple ice patches almost took me out.

Lace - Good luck! I wonder if Keith will be wearing his tutu for this race? I have never formally met him but in my first ever marathon, he raced by me in the first 1/2 mile in his pink tutu, pink tank top and holding a fairy wand and my thought was "There is no way a guy in a fairy costume is beating me".  Little did I know he was (and is) a very good runner.  I never saw him after that.  Don't judge a book by its cover.  

QOTD: A lifetime supply of cream soda?!? No thanks.  Once a year if just fine by me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Occasional Runner

Lace - Good luck! I wonder if Keith will be wearing his tutu for this race? I have never formally met him but in my first ever marathon, he raced by me in the first 1/2 mile in his pink tutu, pink tank top and holding a fairy wand and my thought was "There is no way a guy in a fairy costume is beating me".  Little did I know he was (and is) a very good runner.  I never saw him after that.  Don't judge a book by its cover.  

Yeah, he's planning to be wearing the tutu. He's going to be in the back of the field, running with the RD and a few other Americans. He's pretty apprehensive about this thing.

NorthernHarrier

I start a little later for the next 3 days so I don't have to get up at a ridiculous time to run, thankfully. So I slept in a tad, for me anyway and did a road tempo run of 6.2. Traction was a little iffy at times and there sure is more traffic and people out and about than my usual early start.

Registered last night for 3 more snowshoe races over the next handful of weeks in the north. Kinda fun and helps dealing with this winter thing.

runtrail--I don't get the picture either on our desktop or my laptop. Thought it was just me with an old guy and technology issue.

QOTD- CRS again. I think it was a 6" sub in a meal deal at Subway yesterday. Yeah,I think that would work.

AT-runner

Tim

4 or 5 on the horsey trails on the battlefield over lunch.  Might be a bit icey still.

Kelly - good luck.  What's with the different distances?  I see 135 and 175 listed as race distance, is there a choice?

QOTD:  DW and I went grocery shopping, so can't really pick one thing, but looks like I'll have plenty of lettuce, eggs and milk.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Kelly - good luck.  What's with the different distances?  I see 135 and 175 listed as race distance, is there a choice?

Just 175. The race had always been 135 miles until this year. For political reasons, we're being prevented from finishing in the town that the race had always finished in, so they had 40 miles to get to a suitable finishing area.

AT-runner

Tim

Just 175. The race had always been 135 miles until this year. For political reasons, we're being prevented from finishing in the town that the race had always finished in, so they had 40 miles to get to a suitable finishing area.

Awesome, that sounds like something Dave Horton would do to one of his races.  Have fun, and represent the USA well.

Here's the link Trailers so we can follow along with encouragement.  Brasil 175

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Finally a day off. Working 15-16 hours a day is getting old and exhausting fast. Need to run a few errands then heading out for a run on the road. It will be at least 4.5 but I want to get in 8+. It all depends on how cold it is when I get out. If I don't get a full 8 in I'll finish on the treadmill.

Sugnim -- 6 old dudes, all with long white beards and all of them smoking?   Kind of makes me wonder what you were smoking before the run .

Lace - Looking forward to the RR.

QOTD: Four deep fried cheese cubes on a stick. The only place I've seen these is at the PA Farm Show food court. The last time I had some was 3 years ago. They're OK, but not something I go looking for anywhere else so I really wouldn't want them.

LB2

Five after work.

QOTD: A pair of Altra's. Yeah. I am happy with that for sure.

Lace: Good luck down south!!

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Will run with group tonight on the fricking road....or blow it off and run when I get home on my road which is better than a sub division. Or may even hit TM...mandy has put a fire under my ass challenging this old broad!!

qotd:  chicken burritto...was pretty good so I am ok with it.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄