Trailer Trash

Tuesday? (Read 21 times)

LB2

I ran a fast one this morning. I overslept and decided to run a fast mile this morning. I did it in 6:30. That isn't too fast, but it was faster than I expected. I'm trying to get back into a rhythm.

QOTD: I have nothing...

LB2

Sandy-2

Nice mile LB2 !!  That's one more than I'm planning to do.  I will go to the gym after work to do my stretching/core stuff there.

qotd: I got nothin' too.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LB2 - Great mile!  That must have felt good to let 'er rip.

7 easy on trail tonight.  I'm starting to see green stuff poke through the ground.  That tells me two things.... ticks and poison ivy.

QOTD:  Speaking of mile (and seeing who's paying attention), has anyone raced a beer mile?

I have not, but it's on my bucket list for sure.  My running bucket list is getting shorter, so perhaps it's not too far away.  I'm pretty certain I'm well trained.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

LB2 - Great mile!  That must have felt good to let 'er rip.

7 easy on trail tonight.  I'm starting to see green stuff poke through the ground.  That tells me two things.... ticks and poison ivy.

QOTD:  Speaking of mile (and seeing who's paying attention), has anyone raced a beer mile?

I have not, but it's on my bucket list for sure.  My running bucket list is getting shorter, so perhaps it's not too far away.  I'm pretty certain I'm well trained.

Well, it sort of did but sort of didn't..

QOTD: I have not run a beer mile. I'm scared of what might happen.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run this am but did walk the dogs...wish I could of video this but...Jack was walking in the creek, I called him so he turned around and started coming to me.  There was a rock in the middle of the creek that he spurn over...as in not go up on hind legs but jumped almost straight up on all four and cleared the rock.  It was so frigging cute...that dog just tickles me!    Old man gone so I will run after work.

QOTD:  I thought about it but I really can't slam a whole beer at once.  I did organize a moon run Sunday night so pretty sure I will be running with at least a few beers in my by than.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 4 in the woods. Lots of blow downs from the storm last week.

Bert - Tics, Fuck those little bastards.  Burn them all.

QOTD:  No, but I have had a beer during a race. Pretzel City Sports events regularly have Adult Beverages at their last AS, and in the Marine Corps Marathon, someone was handing out beers at mile 22. I grabbed one and drank 1/2 of it. tasted great.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice 5-ish miles with Tiny E yesterday evening. our snow yesterday morning was gone by afternoon. Tiny E loves the snow, every little bank of snow we came across he had to roll in it (also had to roll in some green, fresh deer shit!)

I also saw a Pasque flower (crocus),wasn’t fully bloomed; it’s our first flowering wild flower her- only a month and a half late 

strength training this evening

qotd: never have, I’m afraid I’d puke 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Planning on a very short neighborhood run after work.  In shorts and a t-shirt!!  (Sorry, that's still a novelty to me at this point in the season.)

QOTD: No, and I doubt I would/could.  I'm horrible at chugging.  I mean, I'd give it a go, but it would take me a really long time.  Also, I really hate puking, so I would stop before I puked.

Running is dumb.

XtremeTaper

Walked about 2 miles last night with the sticks. Wanted to practice some but the course was crowded and I ended up golfing with 2 young crackpots. My old man swing was keeping it down the middle and one of the young dudes said he was tired of following me off the tee. So I let him go first on the next tee and he duffed it about 100 yards. Me and his buddy laughed at him. I teed off first the rest of the way in.

Planet of fitness nonsense at lunch today. Will get the Lady out to the local trail this evening for 5-6 miles.

QOTD: Nope, and no plans to either. I am not a big fan of chugging beer, nor am I good at it. Have had beer at several Pretzel City Race like AT. A small cup or two always led to good finishes.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Gator eye

Went with 8 this am, minus Mr Jangles. He's was alittle stiff standimg this morning so more time off. He was not happy with my decision.

QOTD: no but think I might try one, maybe a race of one

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

4 mile progression run yesterday and slogged through 3.4 miles today

qotd: never raced a beer mile and never will unless my tastes change dramatically. I know it sounds like blasphemy here, but I don't like beer.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I know it sounds like blasphemy here, but I don't like beer.

Well, it looks like we have to kick you out of the group now, George. 

Running is dumb.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

4.25 miles.

Had to leave from work 5 minutes early to satisfy the work inspector (can't stay late when he's in the house), so I tucked on that extra .25 mile.

Berto: Does that QOTD relate in any way to your modified race nutrition plan?

wcrunner: Maybe you call yourself just "special needs" in terms of beer - welcome to the club, I have to have gluten free beer, which limits the choices down quite a bit. I think they can't kick out special needs runners here. 

QOTD: No, never have. I think it would activate my overflow mechanism.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

How about a wine mile?  I might be able to do that.

4 mile progression run yesterday and slogged through 3.4 miles today

qotd: never raced a beer mile and never will unless my tastes change dramatically. I know it sounds like blasphemy here, but I don't like beer.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

The beer they served at the race was made with wheat and then processed to remove the gluten...it didn't go as far as saying gluten free.

4.25 miles.

Had to leave from work 5 minutes early to satisfy the work inspector (can't stay late when he's in the house), so I tucked on that extra .25 mile.

Berto: Does that QOTD relate in any way to your modified race nutrition plan?

wcrunner: Maybe you call yourself just "special needs" in terms of beer - welcome to the club, I have to have gluten free beer, which limits the choices down quite a bit. I think they can't kick out special needs runners here. 

QOTD: No, never have. I think it would activate my overflow mechanism.