Trailer Trash

Sweltering Sundaily (Read 24 times)

Sandy-2

2nd half of the b2b 20's done.  A very tough grind but it was better than yesterday. A little cooler to start, but just as humid.  Then the sun started blazing, lowered the humidity, but temps spiked.

i did discover a little wading pool when I came around the corner there were about 5 Korean runners in the knee deep pool (actually it's more like a fountain).  LOL. They were a bit surprised when I got in and then shocked them further when I immediately sat down and got the water level up to my neck.  Then they all started laughing really hard and doing the same thing.  By the way the water is a spring fed thing and the water was freezing.  Felt great!!!  It got my legs back under me for the last 5 or 6 miles home, kinda saved my ass.

Congrats Sue!!!!!!!  Nice run, even without Earl no less!!!!!!!

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Off to work, then a run later. Looking forward to that swelter!

Took the boys to the pool yesterday, then they camped out in the back yard. I woke up early today, and the birds were singing beautifully. I wished I was out running!

Sandy: Great run, must be hard with that humidity. Any news on the typhoon?

Queen: Congrats, can't wait for the RR!

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Yeah, the typhoon turned east and hit Japan. Once over land it weakened pretty quickly (plus it wasn't a big one to begin with).

We weren't affected at all over here. Just a very warm day.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

AT-runner

Tim

Ran a another steamy run this morning.  If you get up early it's humid and if you wait it's over 90*, so you can't win.  I was down 3 pounds after 12 miles. Tim Noakes is an idiot ~ "drink to thirst", yeah right.

Sue - AWESOME job. +1 can't wait for RR. Nice time. I knew you cold do it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

5.6 road and trail miles yesterday, even did a little speed work.

Queen,  congratulations sounds like you had a great race!

Occasional Runner

We've been swamped with the move into the new house and I've been sneaking in short runs, but nothing noteworthy. This morning, I went out to explore the trail system in the new hood. I have a trailhead about 100 yards from the front door, so I followed it to see where it went. About a mile in, it dumps out at a trail hub with 4 more trailheads, two of them I had heard of before. I hopped on one of them, ran 2 more miles and I hit another trailhead with a few more options. I jumped on the Jacobs Ladder trail, because I knew it would make the ascent to Lone Peak ( the namesake of the Altra trail shoe). I ran about halfway to the peak before heading back. I didn't have water and it's hot as hell out today. That little jaunt left me pretty excited about my trail options. Our new house sits high in the mountains and has unreal views of all the major Wasatch peaks. This is trail runner heaven!

I hope you all have a great day!

Daydreamer1

My heel is feeling much better but the last two runs I altered my stride enough that my Achilles and calves are hurting. That combined with the fact that It's over 90 right now is pushing me towards a bike ride. I'll start off with 15-18 miles with DW then a longer 35-40 mile ride on my own.

I was down 3 pounds after 12 miles. Tim Noakes is an idiot ~ "drink to thirst", yeah right.

AT - I agree.

Lace - You're making me jealous with all those trails so close by.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

a nice 8-ish miles in the hills, warm- but far from sweltering

lace- sounds like you made a great move! 

I'm guessing Queen got the 50 miler done?  sweet! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Occasional Runner

This is the trail that runs right by my new house, and seemingly goes forever into the Wasatch.

some call me Tim

Jealousy is rearing over here, too... lace, that sounds looks awesome.

Congrats, Queen! Looking forward to hearing more.

AT, no doubt about the weather. I'll defer on Noakes..hahaha

Sandy, nice running and thanks for sharing that moment... you stepped in and changed their dynamic :-)

Third time out this morning at the race that turned me into a trail junkie. It's a near ten miler at a local ski resort, first mile and a half gains about 1000ft, then singletrack rollers for miles until you come screaming straight back down through rock gardens and rooty goodness.... those 1000ft in about 3/4 of a mile. I forgot to cinch up my shorts and there were times on the descent that I was afraid I'd lose them. The trail is also used and repaired by MTBers and I noticed an awful lot of gravel fill out there today and a pretty chewed up course, a consequence of all the rain early this summer, but it was still a great run. Still fighting off sickness makes overexertion almost guaranteed esp with the temps climbing, but I did a couple minutes better than last year, when I ran it with strep. Missed the top ten for the first time, though. Where the hell do all these fast kids come from?

Take er easy, trailers

NHLA

5 miles 47 mIles little sugar creek greenway. Great spot to run. Goes right thru Charlotte NC

Then helped BIL move.