Trailer Trash

Grand Canyon running video...of me!! (Read 45 times)

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I sincerely am not doing this for self-promotion; but it's not every day that a tech start-up wants to shell out several hundred dollars to shoot yours truly running in the big ditch.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be filmed running on the South Kaibab at sunset.  Twas quite a fun shoot but unfortunately they've cut out a lot of running footage in order to include an interview and to keep things short.  I could really see a concept like this taking off among the trail running community.

anyway, here's the linky, enjoy

muppy

Very nice,who could pass up a chance to run there!

LB2

That is pretty cool. Thanks for posting it.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Very cool.  You guys do running tours?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Low_O2

Very cool! Both the video and tour idea. That is one of the things I hate about traveling, seems you always get sucked into the tourist trap areas unless you put a lot of effort into searching out some off the beaten path locations.

Gator eye

What a cool idea. As a flat lander I would be very nervous going on any sort of long run in that area without a guide.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Very cool.  You guys do running tours?

We do now!  My wife Tanya works on the web a lot and is very interested in the shared economy start-up concepts.  We started hosting people through Air-bnb when we moved out here to Flagstaff last summer to help pay rent and then she found this tripzaar thing and just made us a profile on a whim.  Nothing really happened and we kind of forgot about it until last month when the founders got in touch with her and said they were re-vamping the site and adding videos to introduce different trips.  I was hesitant about the Grand Canyon just because it's such a challenging place to run and to be honest I haven't spent that much time running there.  I would feel more comfortable in the mountains around Flagstaff but they wanted to shoot the Canyon so we just went with it.

A quick google search turned up the fact that, at least on the web, there is really only one outfit doing guided hiking trips and nobody doing any guided running stuff so we'll see what happens.  Still keeping my day job for now though.

Occasional Runner

I think I hold the record for most PBR's drank during a sub 10 hour R2R2R. The FKT site should have a special tab for that.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice video.  Pretty cool, hope it takes off for you.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Cool.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Chnaiur

Very nice! What's the closest airport?

3/8 Way Too Cool 50k WNS

4/19 Tehama Wildflowers 50k

Watoni

That is sweet!

Occasional Runner

I finally got around to watching the video because I can't view such things at work.

When was the video shot? The conditions looked really similar to when I ran the canyon in January.

Very well done video. Super cool.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

I finally got around to watching the video because I can't view such things at work.

When was the video shot? The conditions looked really similar to when I ran the canyon in January.

Very well done video. Super cool.

Just a couple weeks ago, I think it was around the same time or shortly after your R2R2R.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

Very nice! What's the closest airport?

Flagstaff has a small airport but flying into Phoenix is considerably cheaper.