Trailer Trash

May Day (aily) (Read 19 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy May!

got 4 miles in with Tiny E yesterday evening- about 50 degrees with the sun shining, pretty nice

strength training this evening

qotd: April mileage?  123 for me, pretty close to normal

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Happy May, indeed!  We're finally moving into the good life around here now.  I won't complain about the weather until at least late October now.

I did just a little mountain biking last night.  Hey, NorthernHarrier, I hadn't been to QR in ages and holy shit!!!  Have they done some good work out there.  Really impressive.  Also I'm really wussy.  I walked down some stuff I used to ride down because it was scary.  I guess I'm out of practice.

QOTD: 47 miles running, a lot of hiking, and just a little biking.

Running is dumb.

LB2

Easy two this morning in 19 minutes.

QOTD: HAHAHAHAHA. I didn't write anything down. I probably got about 75 miles. I did get one 30 mile week, but it was all hiking. I will do better in May.

LB2

4 miles joggity jog around the ‘hood.

Queen, I’m in for the 6/10 TRT training run for sure. Interested? I’m going to PM Valerie in NV too. Hoping to stay at my aunt’s place in Incline Village but haven’t arranged it yet.

QOTD: 163 for April. Inching back up.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

No run yesterday, but am about to head out for 5-6 on the local trail with the Lady. Seems I run better these days on easier surfaces. Sigh. Afternoon off. Funny, reading the posts I might run into AT at Longwood Gardens today. We are heading over there this afternoon to tiptoe through the tulips.

QOTD: 141. It is what it is.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I didn't run this morning and I may not tonight...but should

QOTD: 165.1.. I think that's a record for me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

8 this morning in shorts, glorious shorts. I finally took off my mittens and ran with gloves on. Spring has finally sprung.......hopefully.

QotD: 170, I missed a couple long runs due to winter weather

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, headed to the gym after work.  I might try to get in a few miles after the gym.  We'll see.

qotd: 89 miles, cut back and also took a week off trying to get my hip and hamstring to feel better.  Hopefully I've turned the corner on it.

2/17/24 - Forgotten Florida 100 Mile, Christmas, FL

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Happy May 1st. Labor Day in Europe.

3 miles around the hood with DD. Finally it was nice and warm (79 degrees), but in our corner, we had frost on the cars early this morning! 

warden: Seems like spring is coming also to your area. Any trees flowering there already?

Mandy: I still admire your mountain biking. That is one sport that I just can't do - I'm totally lacking any sense of balance.

LB2: Just take it easy. You still got more miles in than I did.

Gatsby: How far is the TRT from where you live?

taper: Enjoy your tulip tipping!

Queen: Now that you have a record month behind you, you may as well taper. Enjoy!

Gator: Shorts and gloves, sound like fun!

Sandy: Sounds like you're pampering yourself today. Have a fun run!

QOTD: 40-50 miles, most of it just easy.

Found out today that my pace is not as bad as I thought it would be, and my heart and lungs are fine, but my legs are lacking the strength and endurance. Well, it's a work in progress.

Run for fun.

NorthernHarrier

I think the weekends racing and travelling finally caught up with me. Just feel wiped out today so I'll listen to the signs and do a rest day.  So I don't really have any inspiring stuff to say. As usual,I guess.   We'll be having a couple days of rain starting shortly so we'll see how that goes for future workouts.

Fishing season opens in Wisconsin Saturday and us and Minnesota are probably the two biggest fishing states and right now the entire north is iced up. Lakes in the north have 2' of ice yet.  I'm planning on heading to Ontario on Friday of next week and I think they have less ice up there because they had less snow so I have some hope.  Watching a bunch of web cams daily. Interesting stuff at least for me.

I did just a little mountain biking last night.  Hey, NorthernHarrier, I hadn't been to QR in ages and holy shit!!!  Have they done some good work out there.  Really impressive.  Also I'm really wussy.  I walked down some stuff I used to ride down because it was scary.  I guess I'm out of practice.

Yeah, I had been hearing about that. Other than a couple days last year early where I rode the Muir trails at the Kettles all my riding has been up north and my bike is currently in my basement up there. Kind of a failure on my part. It will be a few weeks before any riding up there. Think I'll start bringing it back forth with me to ride some of the stuff around here again. Rode twenty some miles on the roads again yesterday and if I would have had an ice pick I would have jammed it into my skull. Gotta get on my mountain bike!

QOTD--154. At least all my nagging little injuries are about gone.

NorthernHarrier

Also I'm really wussy.  I walked down some stuff I used to ride down because it was scary.  I guess I'm out of practice.

Meant to just add my insight. As you are very much aware--there is no dishonor in being safe and sane. Fuck ups on a mountain bike can happen real quick and the landing is always on sharp rocks or against big trees. My helmet I was using last fall has a golf ball sized depression in it from my big crash. I was lucky nothing was broke or really hurt except my pride.  At least we don't have to worry about idiots driving cars though.

Gatsby: How far is the TRT from where you live?

I’m about 4 hours from Lake Tahoe, where TRT is.

I’m with you, not a mountain biker!  Scares me. I’ll toodle around on a bike but nothing too exciting.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR